Nebraska - Appears search is over, candidate not named

25,795 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoozingAg
Fat Tony
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jkag89
As already stated in the For those wanting/expecting Childress to leave, who would you hire? thread:
Quote:

Who is Eric and why is he in Scottsdale?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Quote: "Moo has cemented his legendary status"

Moo Menefee is the new head coach at Nebraska?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
powerbelly
AG
Why are we putting any stock in a guy with less than 300 followers?
jkag89
pepe the dog said:

Quote: "Moo has cemented his legendary status"

Moo Menefee is the new head coach at Nebraska?

They; can't have him!
mpaggie06
AG
I'll chip in on the moving truck if it helps Nebraska's decision making process at all...
Wicked Good Ag
If not saying who it is that means it is likely someone whose team is still playing in the super regional either as head coach or assistant

Could very well be wrong and it may be to not take away from the actual playing of the super regional games also

If announced Tuesday then it is the latter
la_guns
Ever since NU left the BIG 12, their baseball, football and basketball programs have regressed. Cutting their recruiting ties Texas did them in.
LOYAL AG
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

If not saying who it is that means it is likely someone whose team is still playing in the super regional either as head coach or assistant

Could very well be wrong and it may be to not take away from the actual playing of the super regional games also

I think it's more the latter. If they have a Childress type of hire set to be announced that's big news so why waste it in the middle of Super Regionals? I'm actually starting to think it might be him. Like I mentioned on another thread there's no mention of even a search on the UVA board I visited and there's no reason for Casey to have taken this long. He could have been announced before Supers. Beyond those three who is a "legacy cementing" hire if it's true they've gotten a big name?
BoozingAg
My guess is RC took Nebraska's offer to the original RC trying to leverage an extension and was either told to pound sand or offered a one year extension and no raise. Whatever Nebraska offered HAD to have had at least in the ballpark of the same salary and many more years on the contract.
Goro Majima
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

I think it's more the latter. If they have a Childress type of hire set to be announced that's big news so why waste it in the middle of Super Regionals? I'm actually starting to think it might be him. Like I mentioned on another thread there's no mention of even a search on the UVA board I visited and there's no reason for Casey to have taken this long. He could have been announced before Supers. Beyond those three who is a "legacy cementing" hire if it's true they've gotten a big name?
More than a few Nebraska fans think it's Childress. I don't know what their sources are but that's good enough for me till it's not.
Gizzards
AG
powerbelly said:

It's possible for someone to have valuable information without thousands of morons following him on Twitter. Having followers doesn't guarantee accuracy.
PigInABlanket
AG
Gizzards said:

powerbelly said:

It's possible for someone to have valuable information without thousands of morons following him on Twitter. Having followers doesn't guarantee accuracy.
For reference: Chip Brown has 47000 followers
Tex100
AG
Gizzards said:

powerbelly said:

Eric In Scottsdale
@EricNScottsdale
I live in Scottsdale and am part of the media. and enjoying calling into Husker radio shows. I also do sports reporting & break news through my various sources

Sounds solid. I believe him.

Actually, he might have been right about their basketball coach hire.
Tex100
AG
PigInABlanket said:

Gizzards said:

powerbelly said:

For reference: Chip Brown has 47000 followers
That is true
histag10
AG
powerbelly said:

That's like half the state of Nebraska, man!
ColoradoMooseHerd
I am impressed that an Athletic department can actually keep a secret these days
AggieBill005
AG
I find myself checking the board to see if RC has been pegged as the new Nebraska HC. And then I feel guilty about hoping he has!

Aggie Baseball has reminded me of late 80's/early 90's Aggie Football. Some DOMINANT seasons, great talent, but could just not get it all together consistently to really break through.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
AggieBill005 said:

I find myself checking the board to see if RC has been pegged as the new Nebraska HC. And then I feel guilty about hoping he has!

Aggie Baseball has reminded me of late 80's/early 90's Aggie Football. Some DOMINANT seasons, great talent, but could just not get it all together consistently to really break through.

RC baseball = RC football: good, really good at times, just not good enough to win big when it counts.
PhatMack19
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/us.blastingnews.com/sports/2019/06/creightons-ed-servais-rumored-to-be-nebraska-baseball-candidate-002927421.amp.html
trouble
AG
You're gonna make people cry
AggieBill005
AG
PhatMack19 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/us.blastingnews.com/sports/2019/06/creightons-ed-servais-rumored-to-be-nebraska-baseball-candidate-002927421.amp.html

Says he could be a candidate... no where does it claim that he is the final pick. (Not saying you said that, just pointing it out).
BoozingAg
trouble said:

You're gonna make people cry

It's sad that a few people would rather keep RC just out of spite than to see us make a change that could potentially mean we compete for national championships
jkag89
And RC is mentioned at the end of the article. Funny how perception change on what side of the equation in which one is looking. Aggies - Ooo a way out of our coaching predicament. Huskers - Childress fits what we are looking for but A&M can meet any offer we can make.
jkag89
trouble
AG
I'm on record as saying I don't care either way. Nice try though.

I just don't think he's going to Nebraska and there's going to be some sad folks around here.
BoozingAg
I would think anyone that likes seeing the Aggies in Omaha and would like to see them win games there would be sad, at least if they have any sense.
trouble
AG
It's so cute how you just assume the next coach is going to be a home run hire. We might hire the baseball equivalent of Fran.
BoozingAg
I never said the next coach will be a home run hire. I just think it's time to move on from the current coach. I think the current coach is Fran, tbh. What are we risking? Our typically annual exit from a Regional on the road somewhere? Big deal. Any coach can come in here and do that.

Look, you're obviously content with RC. You obviously aren't a real competitive person, don't really care that much if we win or lose. To you, Aggie baseball is about all the bits that go along with it, bubbles, chants, posting about baking on game threads, etc. Some of us would like to see us play at a higher level, play post season baseball at Olsen, see us in Omaha and see us win games there.

We are a ~.500 team in conference most years that's currently probably about the 6th best program in our division with Auburn making the CWS. If that's good enough for you, fine. But don't call those of us out who think we deserve better.
trouble
AG
I'm not the least bit content with him. I just trust those in charge of our AD to make the best decisions with the information and resources that they have. If that decision is to keep Rob another year, so be it. I'll still be yelling for the boys on the field like I do all season long.
BoozingAg
There's no way you can be content with the administration's decision to bring back RC, if he's coaching here next season, if you want to see us playing at home in the post season and getting to Omaha. At this point, that's not really debateable at this point. In fact, if we had not lost Woodward, RC would be gone for sure. I don't see why he should get a pass just because we lost our AD. The Nebraska opening, with how that transition works out, is almost too good to be true, so I think there will be a change.
Agsncws
AG
BoozingAg said:

There's no way you can be content with the administration's decision to bring back RC, if he's coaching here next season, if you want to see us playing at home in the post season and getting to Omaha. At this point, that's not really debateable at this point. The Nebraska opening, with how that transition works out, is almost too good to be true, so I think there will be a change.
I look forward to your sternly worded email to Ross Bjork expressing your disappointment in him not firing Rob Childress.
jkag89
If you are not outraged by the thought of RC still being in the Aggie dugout next season you don't deserve your user name.

trouble
AG
That made me laugh for reals.

I'm not going to get upset or act a fool because a coaching change wasn't made. There's literally nothing I can do about it. I'm not going to stop going to games. I'm not going to stop supporting our student athletes. I certainly don't give enough for anyone to listen to me about things that matter.

However, if you'll excuse me, I need to find Bjork's email so I can start my weekly "death to the bevel" and "bring back Coca-Cola" emails.
W
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

I am impressed that an Athletic department can actually keep a secret these days
that's a good point.

there was a time back in 2010 / 2011 / 2012 where leaks were happening on almost a daily basis from the A&M athletic department

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.