Transfers leaving

4,617 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OKCAGS
carawacl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ptothemo
AG
Transfer*
Foxo
AG
I assume Birdie is Bryan Birdsell.

Here it is from Gabe Bock
\
More

Gabe Bock Retweeted Birdie
Birdsell has a big arm but was slow out of the gate as a freshman after an arm injury as a senior in high school. Best of luck to him as he continues his college career.

Who else will leave?. I assume there will be several, as there always is
Wicked Good Ag
Is this a transfer to get playing time and come back that we have had before or is it someone who might come back to program for junior/senior seasons ??

This was the pitcher I was most looking forward to see the change from freshman to sophomore seasons
TAL06RES
AG
I think he's aiming to get drafted after next year honestly. Just a gut feel based off his previous draft history.
twk
AG
TAL06RES said:

I think he's aiming to get drafted after next year honestly. Just a gut feel based off his previous draft history.
Two fold: get playing time, and, if it works out, get drafted next year. This is the kind of kid that may just have to knock around in the minors for a while to put it all together. He needs playing time, and he wasn't going to get it at A&M, at least not based on what he did this year. He'll probably get it at San Jac, and he'll definitely get it in pro ball.
Wicked Good Ag
I knew he had some problems towards the end of the high school season and thought he could make a huge jump from a freshman to soph season ala Brigham Hill.

And I think he would have gotten a lot more innings in 2020. Now if Childress said go to San Jac see how you do and then come back it may be a win win for all. He would have a ton of options IMO
OKCAGS
He wants to be drafted. This is the quickest way . Good luck to him . Frees up lots of scholarship % for a couple of bats/everyday players.
dirkjones
AG
OKCAGS said:

He wants to be drafted. This is the quickest way . Good luck to him . Frees up lots of scholarship % for a couple of bats/everyday players.
I think the MLB draft freed up quite a bit of scholarship % itself.
OKCAGS
True , but pitchers usually get a little more % ..... so for us to get a little extra ( for a guy that didn't get a bunch of innings ) is a good thing . We need all the help we can get from JUCO route.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.