Cape Cod Baseball League

4,374 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Joe Schillaci 48
Missouri Boat Ride
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are any Ags on any of the rosters for this league yet. I know Shew was initially on one roster, but went to the National team instead. edit: Looks like Joz, Miller, KKKKKalich, and Deloach are on the rosters..

Has anyone ever been up to these games before? Considering a last minute road trip to catch a few games once the season starts 06/10.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Kalich will be on a minor league team soon.
Foxo
AG
Some of the Cape Cod teams have not posted rosters and at least one will not post until opening day.

Kalich was at Chatham

DeLoach and Miller are at Falmouth

Joz is at Brewster
Foxo
AG
Brazos Valley in the Texas Collegiate League has:

Chris Weber and Joseph Menefee

And Cam Haller (remember him?)
TMartin
I have always wondered who coaches these teams? How are players selected for these leagues? Does Rob make phone calls? I've read too many glowing reports of Aggies in summer leagues that didn't translate to performance in conference.
Foxo
AG
TMartin said:

I have always wondered who coaches these teams? How are players selected for these leagues? Does Rob make phone calls? I've read too many glowing reports of Aggies in summer leagues that didn't translate to performance in conference.
I dont know but I do know that at least one top notch Aggie pitching prospect goes to the same Alaska League team each year (Mat-su Miners in Parmer AK). The pitcher this year is Birdsell but he is transferring to San Jac.

Aaron Walters will be there this year also.

Mason Corbett will play for Chugiak this summer.
Hop
Staff
AG
Yes, usually college coaches try to place their players in various summer leagues.
TMartin
Who pays the bills for summer ball......Alaska isn't cheap.
LOYAL AG
AG
TMartin said:

The team will have local families that host the players which is a big cost that's offset. I assume they are able to get jobs too though I don't remember if that's something the team coordinates as well.
Foxo
AG
Its a long drive to Alaska.
yell_on_6th st
AG
One of my good friends went to A&M because Chuck Knoblach stayed with the family while he played in this league
TXAGBQ76
AG
Did you mean Palmer?
jbr
AG
Arch

I went about 5 years ago and Trying to get a trip up next month. My advice - go. I spent 4 days there and was able to see 4 games. Drove the cape and saw all the parks. Some old legion parks, some are high school parks. Some didn't have lights. Well worth the trip in my opinion. Met a couple of Ags (other than the players).

Missouri Boat Ride
AG
jbr said:

Arch

I went about 5 years ago and Trying to get a trip up next month. My advice - go. I spent 4 days there and was able to see 4 games. Drove the cape and saw all the parks. Some old legion parks, some are high school parks. Some didn't have lights. Well worth the trip in my opinion. Met a couple of Ags (other than the players).

Thanks. based on what I have researched, its a change to watch high end baseball in close proximity at facilities with a few rows of bleachers. I'm sure my boys will enjoy the games, as well as the cape in general.
TexDill15
AG
Are there any stats out there that show taking the summer off and becoming a gym rat maybe more beneficial? I feel like our team is constantly under-sized compared to some of the other teams out there. I know keeping body weight on during season is tough and being gone all summer can't help.

That leaves 5 months in the fall to bulk up and get ready.
MAROON
AG
you can actually watch multiple games per day depending on the schedule.

Of the stadiums I attended, Chatham was the best. I think we got to Orleans, Brewster, and Harwich as well.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
TMartin said:

Alaska is pretty neat. On June 21, the longest day of the year the Fairbanks Goldpaner's play a game that starts at 10:30 pm and goes until about 1:30...............with no lights!

It really is the Land of the Midnight sun. Actually the sun does set for about an hour but there is enough twilight to play.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.