Baylee Klinger Transfers

14,680 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mccag
jmcfar_98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Rumor was out there but it's not a rumor anymore.

Another one leaves the program.
Belton Ag
AG
There could be more that leave, I had been hearing about her specifically but that there could be others behind her.

aggiewilliford
Something has to be done. This has become more than a little problematic. There needs to be a change asap!
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Belton Ag
AG
aggiewilliford said:

Something has to be done. This has become more than a little problematic. There needs to be a change asap!
There needs to be but it needs to be done right. We don't want to see Jo get fired unless they have a plan in place, I doubt there is considering we just hired an AD.
aggiewilliford
Belton Ag said:

aggiewilliford said:

There needs to be but it needs to be done right. We don't want to see Jo get fired unless they have a plan in place, I doubt there is considering we just hired an AD.

I agree with this. We dont need to go from bad to worse. Better be getting a solid plan together.
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
agswin1988
AG
Hey no worries right, we need a new staff in place immediately. When this many have left and more rumored to be on way out year after year, there are bigger problems behind the scene
agswin1988
AG
I know hiring our recent AD is about making sure football and basketball are taken care of, but there is no way we can keep getting shutout on stud pitching from on our own state year after year.

I would have at hoped the powers that be at least asked about AD plans for softball and baseball if we keep the current trajectory,
Marvin
AG
Awful lot of money spent on softball facilities to let this keep going downhill. Jo better win BIG next year with the talent she has returning, or archive her to the hall of fame room.
Picadillo
Best facilities in the nation and a great college experience -- and we have to put up with this??? Sumthin' ain't right.
Colt98
Captn_Ag05
AG
She was one of maybe what two or three players we have that would be playing at the top SEC programs?
Wicked Good Ag
This is be her make or break year I think. But we will be how important non revenue sports are to the new AD soon enough if it is a bad 2020 season
Rambotx
Upon arrival, hope our new AD does not hesitate too long to visit Davis Diamond, take the tour, and ask our Hall of Fame Coach what is causing the players recent exodus, health of the program, and her plan to win championships in the SEC and the NCAA..
Artimus Gordon
That's too bad. Baylee was the best of the lot of the incoming freshmen. Now jo has another hole to fill. Unfortunately the freshman class did not distinguish itself as being able to compete in the SEC.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Rambotx said:

Upon arrival, hope our new AD does not hesitate too long to visit Davis Diamond, take the tour, and ask our Hall of Fame Coach what is causing the players recent exodus, health of the program, and her plan to win championships in the SEC and the NCAA..
What Hall of Fame?
Hand Of God
AG
I am now convinced that Jo has to be fired.

This program continues to lose high-quality players and will remain a bottom-dweller in the conference if something doesn't change soon.

We'll have last place in the SEC locked up for years if a strong move isn't made now.
Rambotx
Lemmys Rickenbacker said:

Rambotx said:

What Hall of Fame?
National Fastpitch Coaches' Association (NFCA) Hall of Fame in 2015.
AggieDad0323
Artimus Gordon said:

That's too bad. Baylee was the best of the lot of the incoming freshmen. Now jo has another hole to fill. Unfortunately the freshman class did not distinguish itself as being able to compete in the SEC.
Unfortunately not all of the Freshmen were given the opportunity to compete. There's talent in the dugout that has not been given the chance. For whatever reason. I think next year many will be scratching their heads even more wondering why.
BanderaAg956
Hand Of God said:

I am now convinced that Jo has to be fired.

This program continues to lose high-quality players and will remain a bottom-dweller in the conference if something doesn't change soon.

We'll have last place in the SEC locked up for years if a strong move isn't made now.
Rip the band aid off quickly, get it done and over with and find a great coach that can build a great staff, recruit well, coach, and retain players...

Poor coaching doesn't improve with age, it gets to smelling more and more like stinky rotten fish.....

Make it happen.
java94
AG
Baylee announces her new school...
https://instagr.am/p/By3106LBMBp
sharpdressedman
She, and others likely to follow, reject the culture around Jo's program. It's not a secret among parents, travel ball coaches, and elite recruits who don't want anything to do with it. It's a mess that needs an immediate clean-up, starting at the top.
85AustinAg
AG
can you be more specific about the culture?
mullokmotx
AG
There is a list on Fast Pitch News dated June 11 of announced transfers and I counted 25 players just from SEC schools. Caylan Arnold, a 3 year starting pitcher at UT, is going to FSU.
What is crazy about softball is all the players who transfer in the fall and then start right away. Oklahoma's top pitcher last season did that and I think the 4 players that tu got from Oregon did that also. It surprises me that schools have scholarship space available at that late date. In our case last year Hudek transferred in the fall which left some room for Jo to bring in Martinez.
TXAG1977
AG
A&M picking up another transfer, our second incoming. Announcement soon.
Artimus Gordon
Looks like the UW coaching staff is working it's ass off
to bring in players from all over the country to get back to the CWS for the 5th year in a row. They got a transfer from auburn and now from A&M. We should be so lucky. Amazing what good coaches can do.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Artimus Gordon said:

Looks like the UW coaching staff is working it's ass off
to bring in players from all over the country to get back to the CWS for the 5th year in a row. They got a transfer from auburn and now from A&M. We should be so lucky. Amazing what good coaches can do.
Ags are bringing one in actually. Snider is bringing FSU's top freshman from last year.
Artimus Gordon
https://gohuskies.com/news/2018/11/7/softball-washington-adds-three-signees-for-2020.aspx

U W also has 4 freshmen recruits one of which was the number 1 recruit in the nation. The other 3 are all top 50 recruits to go along with the two transfers. So yes they are working their ass off.

So when is this FSU transfer, that you speak of, going to be announced?
Hot Corner
AG
Does softball get the same number of scholarships as baseball? If so, transfers have got to be a major head ache for coaches. It looks to me, with admittedly limited knowledge, the grass is rarely greener on the other side. Do we have major issues in our clubhouse?
BQ_90
AG
Hot Corner said:

Does softball get the same number of scholarships as baseball? If so, transfers have got to be a major head ache for coaches. It looks to me, with admittedly limited knowledge, the grass is rarely greener on the other side. Do we have major issues in our clubhouse?
I think they have 12 available
mullokmotx
AG
The projected roster today will have 25 players not counting the second rumored transfer in. With only 12 scholarships available there may be discussions going on about who gets how much. I don't know what kind of agreements are made when someone signs. For these sports with partial scholarships that must be one of the hardest things a coach has to decide is how much of a percent scholarship to offer.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Herzog put Aggie Softball #24 on her Twitter bio. I would say that makes it pretty straightforward. Really nice pickup by Coach Evans and the rest of the staff.
cevans_40
AG
SeenNotHeard said:

Herzog put Aggie Softball #24 on her Twitter bio. I would say that makes it pretty straightforward. Really nice pickup by Coach Evans and the rest of the staff.

Really nice
Chapa96
AG
cevans_40 said:

SeenNotHeard said:

Really nice

Attended Ridge Point High Schoolnamed Newcomer of the Year and earned All-State 5A team honors as a freshmanreceived district MVP honors in her final three seasonsearned All-Greater Houston Softball First Team and All-State Softball Team honors in her final two seasonslisted as No. 5 on FloSports Hot 100 Recruits her junior yearnamed Texas Softball Gatorade Player of the Year as a seniorlisted as the No. 2 recruit on Extra Innings Softball her final seasonPremier Girls Fastpitch High School All-American as a seniortwo-time Amateur Softball Association national championearned Academic All-District honors as a freshman and senior.

Very nice pick up indeed.

cevans_40
AG
Potts and Herzog should make a pretty solid pitching combo.

Hopefully our hitting coach can help our offensive woes.
Belton Ag
AG
Actually with the promise Potts showed towards the end of the year, along with a talent like Herzog, A&M could suddenly have a very good 1-2 punch at the pitching spot with McBride sliding back into the long relief role she seems to be more comfortable in.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.