D1 Baseball releases the 2nd Field of 64 Projection

5,881 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by W
waco_aggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

ironmanag said:

HowdyTAMU said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

A&M is noted as "on the bubble - out" in regards to being a Top 8 seed
Mid-week games may come back to haunt us.

Every year.

Again...not true. Before this season, A&M has had an EXCELLENT mid-week record. Our mid-week win-loss record in 2019 is definitely an outlier...the exception and not the norm. Since we have joined the SEC, this is what has happened during our Tuesday/Wednesday games:

In 2019, our mid-week record is 8-4 so far, with games vs. UT-Arlington and Sam Houston State left to play.

In 2018, we lost exactly one (1) mid-week game...and that loss came in 18 innings.

In 2017, we lost 3 mid-week games.

In 2016, our mid-week record was 10-2.

In 2105, we were undefeated in mid-week games.

In 2014, we only lost twice in the mid-week.

In 2013, two mid-week losses.

So...in the last 6+ seasons, we have had a total of 14 mid-week losses...an average of about 2 per season.

This season, LSU also has 4 mid-week losses...but their losses are to the likes of RPI #123 Northwestern State, #126 McNeese, #194 Southern, and #107 Louisiana-Lafayette.

Florida, so far in 2019, has lost in the mid-week to #130 South Florida, #92 North Florida, #70 Central Florida, and #128 Florida Gulf Coast.

While I do wish that A&M had a better mid-week record this year, our losses have come to #84 Incarnate Word, #38 Dallas Baptist (on the road), #44 Texas State, and #43 Houston (also no the road).

You can hate on Childress all you want...but you'll have to pick a better and more accurate argument than "we stink in the mid-week every year."

Dang, someone do a courtesy check on the posters that just got owned by Luke. That had to leave a mark.
aeroag14
AG
Of all the complaints against RC (some warranted, some absolutely not), complaining about his midweek performance is the most absurd.

Anyone who is going to criticize our midweek performance as a whole under RC either A) has not actually watched A&M baseball under RC, B) is being intentionally deceitful, or C) is so unrealistic in his/her expectations that they should probably just be ignored.

Obviously, our midweek performance this season has not been as good as in years past. However, if we were to be able to win out for the rest of our midweek games it really wouldnt be too far off for a team in our situation. Maybe a game off the average tbh.
HoustonAg2106
AG
aeroag14 said:

Of all the complaints against RC (some warranted, some absolutely not), complaining about his midweek performance is the most absurd.

Anyone who is going to criticize our midweek performance as a whole under RC either A) has not actually watched A&M baseball under RC, B) is being intentionally deceitful, or C) is so unrealistic in his/her expectations that they should probably just be ignored.

Obviously, our midweek performance this season has not been as good as in years past. However, if we were to be able to win out for the rest of our midweek games it really wouldnt be too far off for a team in our situation. Maybe a game off the average tbh.
The committee doesn't care what your midweek record is as long as you are winning on the weekends. We only have one losing weekend with only 4 weeks to play...we are in great position going into the last month, but I guess people just need to find something to complain about.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
And wasn't a lot of the midweek failures of the past centered around Rice back when they ruled their conference and would hold back a weekend starter to pitch against us so they could game their rpi?
aeroag14
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

aeroag14 said:

The committee doesn't care what your midweek record is as long as you are winning on the weekends. We only have one losing weekend with only 4 weeks to play...we are in great position going into the last month, but I guess people just need to find something to complain about.

I think you hit it on the head. There is a contingent on this board that are so opposed to anything that RC does that if he had just had the run that Sully did at UF and he was having the year that UF is having, then they would be calling for his head.
waco_aggie05
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

And wasn't a lot of the midweek failures of the past centered around Rice back when they ruled their conference and would hold back a weekend starter to pitch against us so they could game their rpi?
Rice did not routinely hold back a weekend starter that I recall (I started following Aggie baseball around 2003). Seems I recall them using a weekend starter once when he was coming off injury prior to getting him back into rotation. Otherwise I don't think that is factual.
TempleAg97
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

tjholley16 said:

The Debt said:

Pairing conference members in regionals/supers

People complained because they kept pairing us up with TCU or Rice Now there is a better system in place by seeding the teams 1-16. Now people complain about that causing us to be matched up with conference opponents

The 1-16 seeding is all window dressing. The committee will get the match ups they want and they'll flip-flop (for example) the 11 and 14 seeds or the 5 and 7 seeds or whatever in order to get the bracket just how they want it. Ultimately, I don't care who we play. I just think it's more fun to see non-conference folks from out of your region in the post season, instead of playing the same teams you've played in the regular season.

Perfectly stated. That's exactly how I feel. I attend them all and it's much more fun to see teams you rarely get to see like teams from the West Coast, Big 10, etc, compete against the Ags.
W
AG
after this past weekend, D1 still strongly believes that UCLA, Oregon State, and Stanford will all be top 8 hosts.

so that fact alone --- 3 Pac-12 teams --- should increase the chances of numerous cross-country SR pairings.

(but if UCSB hosts, watch the committee find a way to match them with UCLA or Stanford (i.e. geography))
W
AG
to be fair I suppose...if the SEC ends up with 6 hosts (which seems likely)...just from a math standpoint...there will almost assuredly be one all-SEC SR.

figure 3 of the SEC hosts will be top 8 (and UCLA #1); and the other 3 hosts will be in the #9 to #14 range
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.