Remaining Games while waiting on Needs Report

1,866 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by greg.w.h
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Without the formal Needs Report, what do we think is needed the balance of the year?

Mid-week:
@UH - I don't think we lose, but call it 2-1 to finish out of conference
UTA
Sam

Series (no way to project an SEC sweep - just too hard this season):
@USC - 2-1
@Ole Miss - 1-2
MSU - 2-1
@Bama - 2-1
Arkie - 2-1

So 11-7 against all good to great teams. I'd love to sweep Bama and maybe get a road win against Ole Miss, but really, this would be plenty to host.

That's a record of 38-21-1 (18-11-1 SEC) and likely top 15 RPI which will host at least a regional. Find one or two more games to make it 40-19-1 (20-9-1) and I think we host a super. With that said, Georgia was the 8 seed last year with only 37 wins, but I think I remember they had a top 5 or 6 RPI.

Regardless, there are two key messages: one, we do not have a crushing end to the season despite the number of road games, but two, it's still plenty tough and we will lose games. It's OK. So will everyone else.
HoustonAg2106
AG
http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/rpineeds.html

Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
With the OP prediction we finish just outside of the top 8 in RPI. Right?

Need to win the rest of our midweek games with the prediction above or sweep Bama or win at Ole Miss.

All of those are pretty tall orders.
CapCityAg89
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/rpineeds.html

Dang it. I thought it was a couple weeks per the Needs Report thread last week.
CapCityAg89
AG
Great Beard of Zeus said:

With the OP prediction we finish just outside of the top 8 in RPI. Right?

Need to win the rest of our midweek games with the prediction above or sweep Bama or win at Ole Miss.

All of those are pretty tall orders.

I had 11-7 with two home losses so 6 home wins and 5 road wins (UH, USC, Ole Miss and Bama). So need to either beat UH or find a sweep while only losing one of those.

Harder I think will be to beat both MSU and Arkie. Lose one of those and we need an extra home game.

The needs report says:
Top 8:

2 home wins, 10 road wins
3 home wins, 9 road wins
4 home wins, 8 road wins
5 home wins, 7 road wins
6 home wins, 6 road wins
7 home wins, 4 road wins
Tradertex56
Let's start by sweeping South Carolina this weekend.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Tradertex56 said:

This should be very doable...anything less than 2 out of 3 would be very disappointing.
CapCityAg89
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Tradertex56 said:

This should be very doable...anything less than 2 out of 3 would be very disappointing.
Doable - yes. Likely - no. SEC sweep is tough; road sweep very tough. Agree a series loss would be bad. Not necessarily a "bad loss", but still bad.
Aggies2009
AG
Man... It's crazy. We have a legit chance at hosting a super if we take care of business. From all the doom and gloom about our bats around here (warranted, in most cases), I just kinda assumed we'd be traveling for a regional. Guess it's better to actually consider the record and such.
greg.w.h
AG
Just...WIN!!! The rest takes care of itself. It doesn't hurt that two of the top five, four of the top 10, seven of the top 15, and 9 of the top 25 are SEC teams according to the last D1Baseball rankings.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.