This Weekend in the SEC (4/11 - 4/14)

12,243 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by W
Sandman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CypressAg09
AG
Halfway through conference play and Ags are 2nd in the West and 3rd overrrall in the SEC! Need to finish strong!
dixichkn
AG
nereus said:

This might not be true if you actually went and looked at the numbers, but it seems like the sips are upset by K-State way more often than anyone else. K-State won the baseball series last year too. And it seems like they upset texas in football a bunch as well. I might just be remembering the exceptions (and forgetting all of the other times as I don't really follow them or KSU that close), but it sure seems like they lose to k-state way more often than they should.
At least in football, I'm not sure a lot of those would be considered upsets
MaroonStain
AG
Whoever gets Mizzou in their regional is in for a fight.
jkag89
Other Sunday Top 25 Scores
#20 Louisville 6 - #3 North Carolina St. 3
#4 Oregon St. 4 - #13 Arizona St. 3
Washington 1 - #5 Stanford 6
#16 Clemson 4 - Florida St. 6
#17 Georgia Tech 7 - Boston College 0
#18 California-Irvine 2 - #24 California-Santa Barbara 3
Wicked Good Ag
CypressAg09 said:

Halfway through conference play and Ags are 2nd in the West and 3rd overrrall in the SEC! Need to finish strong!

Who expected this ??
I thought we would be good on Fridays and Saturdays with our starting pitching but also other teams have starters that are good as well.

I thought we would have lost Vandy and LSU and won against Mizzou and Kentucky with a toss up against Auburn. This has stayed relatively true with a sweep of Kentucky and come from behind game two win against Vandy we are slightly better than I thought. And this is without quality at bats from the bottom four in lineup for the most part at least consistently
W
AG
checking in with the Big 12...it may have been an unmitigated disaster for the league.

Kansas won its series vs. OKState; and Kansas St won its series vs. t.u..

WVU took 2 of 3 from Tech; and TCU lost a home game to #213 Seton Hall. Frogs' RPI at #66.

the league only has 2 teams in the RPI top 25 now: #15 Tech and #16 WVU.

#40 Baylor is the conference leader at the midway point
HoustonAg2106
AG
I can't believe we only have 7 home games left, 8 of the next 9 are on the road
W
AG
W said:

key rubber game in the Pac-12 between ASU and Oregon State
big road series win for Oregon State.

And similar to UCLA...barring a major collapse the Beavers will be a top 8 host. So many quality wins and series wins already on their resume. All the metrics are great.

on the flipside for #38 Arizona State (27-7)...the Sun Devils look like a #2 seed that could definitely land in a Lone Star state regional
who?mikejones
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

I can't believe we only have 7 home games left, 8 of the next 9 are on the road

/puke face
W
AG
looking at the second half of the West division race...

-- LSU, A&M, and Auburn still have last place Alabama on their schedule. The other contenders have already played the Tide.

-- A&M and State both have last place (East) South Carolina on their schedule. The other contenders do not.

-- Arkansas is the only contender with last place (East) Kentucky left on their schedule. However after UK beat Ole Miss that might not be an advantage.

-- Ole Miss' schedule is the toughest: Auburn, A&M, LSU, State, and Tennessee to close the season.

--------------
if the Ags can take care of business vs. Carolina and Bama, they'll be in the hunt all the way to the final weekend.

one note of caution...A&M will play its two SEC nemeses --- Ole Miss and Arkansas --- in the second half. They have proven very difficult to win series against

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.