Best Swing Mechanics?

5,006 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Fat Black Swan
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aspirin is expensive. Cheaper jelly belly's do the trick or go to ping pong balls also
DWren
Frozen corn
LOYAL AG
AG
Sandman98 said:

LOYAL AG said:

One of the best things we ever did for my son was hit soft toss with aspirin. We'd do it anytime he felt like he was having a hard time seeing the ball well. He said it always helped him refocus on simply seeing and reading the pitch. If you can hit an aspirin you can hit anything.

Sunflower seeds are cheaper and they move more.
Yeah that's probably true but why waste perfectly good seeds on BP?
Latrobe
AG
I see some hard core dads on this thread so I figured I would give out some advice....

If you want your kid to play in college, stop worrying about his swing and concentrate on throwing velocity and pitching. I have seen some great hitters be absolutely ignored at the collegiate level and then watched as a kid who couldn't make it out of 2 innings pitching in high school, but he throws 92, so he is currently on a D1 roster, on scholarship.

Hitting is the hardest thing to do in all of sports. To succeed your kid will have to 1. Love it so much that he works at it all the time. 2. Be incredibly naturally gifted. 3. Have size (you could have zero K's in HS, but if your exit velocity is 78......you're not going to get that offer). 4. Get a little lucky

And even then, it is gonna be a tough road.

Throw 92 and get decent grades......you're in (somewhere)

//partially stated tongue in cheek.....partially not
tjack16
AG
Sandman98 said:

Deloach
agreed. He hits the ball hard and good on almost every at bat. It just finds a glove in the outfield. He's alot better than his .180 batting average says he is
Hammer20
Just have him watch the Astros and Michael Brantley. He does everything just like a young kid should be taught
Fat Black Swan
AG
Aggie said:

Quote:

Also depends where you live. If you are headed to a competitive high school like several of the Cy Fair schools, if you aren't playing near the top level of select by 12 or 13, you may not make your high school team.

Psssht ... Oh my God .. lol
Absolutely 100% without question could not be any further from the truth

And I'm not getting into my background... but trust me I'm right

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.