"Ball Five" getting some love.

6,329 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieBand2004
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The guy who replied was a pitcher for Holy Cross.
Front Range Ag
AG
Is it getting faster every year?
Bunk Moreland
Doorbell said:

Same pace as last half dozen years. And as the count goes up it always speeds up due to excitement. Someone needs to teach them to be patient and understand that the slow jeer is what makes it great
aggiepublius
AG
Yes, it seems to be.

Front Range Ag
AG
It's been too long since I've been able to attend in-person. It has seemed to be quicker, but I know the excitement factors in.

It's great at any pace, though.
MaroonStain
AG
'Ball 8' got loud!
TexasRebel
AG
I was hoping for a "walk 11" chant yesterday every time there was a 3-x count.
dixichkn
AG
Doorbell said:

Yeah I think so. Sounds like a race now........slow it down juuuuust a little y'all
Capt. America
AG
I try my absolute best to keep the chance slow early on, but it deafly gets louder and faster the more balls you add. I think that creates a little more anxiety for the pitcher overtime, there's definitely an entertainment factor there.
Lyred OO
AG
Man....I remember doing it back in 98-00 range. Always loved it!
AggieBaseball06
AG
https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/texas-am-baseball-fans-with-a-rude-and-classless-chant-at-opposing-pitcher

Tom Scibelli, aka Tommy Smokes, Fordham class of whogivesa****, wasn't too impressed with this...

Quote:

Fordham (apparently an A-10 school in the Bronx) pitcher Marc Bisogno had thrown nine straight balls against the Aggies Saturday, leading to a vicious "Ball Eight" turned "Ball Nine" chant by their fans. The announcer called it "possibly the best venue in the country for college baseball." I beg to differ. The best venue for disrespecting and embarrassing a young student-athlete, maybe.
Bocephus
AG
As we all know, he only threw 8 straight balls
histag10
AG
"He only did it for the fans".

Yeah, I'm sure his coach was thrilled....
West Texan
AG
I've never seen anyone ***** about an air ball chant in basketball being classless. Not sure why Ball 5 is somehow more degrading and humiliating.
tjack16
AG
aggiebrad94
AG
We also yell a pretty vicious EEEEEEEEE when they make an error. Maybe the other team needs to toughen up.
wangus12
AG
Man I hope he never goes to any sporting event ever or his poor little heart might just crumble from all the evil fans that harass opposing players
SchizoAg
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

The announcer called it "possibly the best venue in the country for college baseball."
I wish WJ would shut up about it. He actually said something to the effect that, looking forward to the "Ball 5" chant is the main reason Aggies are at the game.

I mean it's fun, but you're blowing it way out of proportion.

"Possibly the best venue in the country for college baseball." Yes, for sure, but it's for a lot more reasons than just the "Ball 5" chant. I sometimes wonder if WJ has ever been out of CS in his life. He's embarrassingly parochial.
test sig
PapaJohn14
AG
Everyone criticizing the barstool blog, it was written in satire. Tommy Smokes is a Fordham grad. Not a single word of that blog is an honest or genuine take.
Serious Lee
the guy is a professional troll, literally. watch this video if you think he should be taken seriously

BQ_90
AG
You mean a vaping expert isn't a real thing
trouble
AG
Poor Marco Polo. At least his last name wasn't Stankoweitz or whatever the hell that other guy was.
TexasRebel
AG
BQ_90 said:

You mean a gaping expert isn't a real thing

Not letting this get away.
trouble
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

We also yell a pretty vicious EEEEEEEEE when they make an error. Maybe the other team needs to toughen up.

We yelled that more at Rick than the other team on Saturday.
BQ_90
AG
TexasRebel said:

BQ_90 said:

You mean a gaping expert isn't a real thing

Not letting this get away.
Autocorrect owned
BohunkAg
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/texas-am-baseball-fans-with-a-rude-and-classless-chant-at-opposing-pitcher

Tom Scibelli, aka Tommy Smokes, Fordham class of whogivesa****, wasn't too impressed with this...

Quote:

Fordham (apparently an A-10 school in the Bronx) pitcher Marc Bisogno had thrown nine straight balls against the Aggies Saturday, leading to a vicious "Ball Eight" turned "Ball Nine" chant by their fans. The announcer called it "possibly the best venue in the country for college baseball." I beg to differ. The best venue for disrespecting and embarrassing a young student-athlete, maybe.

Tommy is a Fordham grad...former voice of the Rams....And works with Kayce. All of this was tongue in cheek lol.
BohunkAg
AG
Here is the real Barstool blog on it lol

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/texas-ams-ball-chant-is-one-the-best-traditions-in-all-of-baseball-and-an-mlb-team-needs-to-adopt-it-asap
ensign_beedrill
AG
BohunkAg said:

Here is the real Barstool blog on it lol

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/texas-ams-ball-chant-is-one-the-best-traditions-in-all-of-baseball-and-an-mlb-team-needs-to-adopt-it-asap
Something like this would never work in MLB. That's what makes college baseball special!
cr06gis
AG
Just got shown on Intentional Talk on mlb network
UnderoosAg
AG
trouble said:

Poor Marco Polo. At least his last name wasn't Stankoweitz or whatever the hell that other guy was.

I was listening to the game and the "do the skanky leg" comment caught me and my Dr pepper off guard.
drthoop
AG
There were three Forham fan's (parents of two of their players) sitting in front of us. They had heard about the chant and thought it was great.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
Jock 07
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

Quote:

What a *****. And yes it's been entirely too fast for a long long time now. Think of mimicking a foghorn for the pace, that should help out all the damn ADD fans.
TexasAggie81
Yeah. The Fordham fans were "so upset" with the crowd that they told me how much fun they had and how welcomed they felt. Then I watched them (properly) cross legs and sway during the Aggie War Hymn at Sunday's game. Really nice folks. Good luck to the Rams for the rest of the season.
Bocephus
AG
Talked to a few Fordham parents before the Saturday game. All of them raved about Dox and how nice they had been treated all weekend.
BohunkAg
AG
Tommy doubling down on it.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/i-am-public-enemy-1-at-texas-am-right-now
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.