*****Aggies vs. Fordham-Sunday*****

22,608 Views | 304 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
DD88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice Sweep!
Lance Uppercut
AG
Melendez

0-1 Fouled back

F9 for out #3

FOR 1 3 2
AGS 3 7 0

AGS WIN 3-1
jkag89
Daylight come and we wanna go home!
mwm
trouble
AG
BALLGAME

SWEEP

See y'all Tuesday
AvidAggie
AG
Nice sweep!
Lance Uppercut
AG
Roa didn't give up a hit or a walk and struck out 5 over his 3.1 IP
Lance Uppercut
AG
Zero errors for the Aggies today
Todd 02
AG
Ballgame.

Ags win.

Sweep!
Amazing Moves
Nice series victory. Great work today by Childress, Roa, and Kalich. Bats will come a long as the season wears on. More potential there than the last 2 years. Good start.
Aggie12B
AG
AGS WIN 3-1

SEASON RECORD 3-0

THANKS LANCE FOR THE PLAY-BY-PLAY; EXCELLENT AS ALWAYS!
Ragoo
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

good sign. Have to be strong in the field. Usually the biggest factor holding Childress teams back.
Lance Uppercut
AG
2-4 at the plate for both Blaum and Walters.

Shewmake was 0-2, but walked twice, which is encouraging for him
TempleAg97
AG
Good start to the season. Looks to be a deep and talented pitching staff.
Sean98
AG
Well, not a real sexy weekend series, but 3-0, quality pitching, good fielding for the most part. 1 or 2 iffy decisions on the basepaths and a little hit or miss on pitch selection at the plate. All things you'd expect in the first few games.

Overall pretty successful first weekend.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Only 3 runs on 7 hits today. Most concerning to me is that all 7 hits were singles.

Since they changed the bats back, you have to slug in order to be one of the better teams in college baseball. I thought the approach was decent on a few pitchers that were living away, but the Aggies didn't jump on many fastballs or mistakes in the first or third games of the series. Probably too early to draw many conclusions, but the offense still looks like a question mark to me following the first weekend. There were a handful of guys that are slated to be in the lineup often that didn't feast on Fordham pitching.
DVC2010
AG
Ragoo said:

Lance Uppercut said:

good sign. Have to be strong in the field. Usually the biggest factor holding Childress teams back.

No E's in the scorebook, but there were two misplays in the first that cost an out each.
SchizoAg
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

There were a handful of guys that are slated to be in the lineup often that didn't feast on Fordham pitching.
Yeah, but one of them was Shewmake.
test sig
histag10
AG
It was a good but cold game. Thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon at Olsen
Tobias Funke
AG
DVC2010 said:

Ragoo said:

Lance Uppercut said:

No E's in the scorebook, but there were two misplays in the first that cost an out each.

How was the right field collision not scored an E??
NiagraSpews2014
AG
WHOOP!
Brooms!
See y'all Tuesday!
NorCal
3-0!
TexasRebel
AG
6 piston Brembos are fun.
djktamu
AG
Wind blowing in and cooler weather may have had an effect. OK, yes, it did. I'm impressed by Blaum so far. Great addition. Fordham is really not a bad team. Think I saw they were 35-19 last year, and their pitchers had some decent ERAs. Not discouraged at all with the hitting. This was not a cupcake opponent. They are in the same conference as Davidson, and we saw how they were able to rise up a few years ago. Good weekend.
Aggieangler93
AG
My son and I figured because it was not that easy of a play for either player, collision notwidthstanding, but what do we know?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Lance Uppercut
AG
I don't doubt we'll get better, but I'll feel better when I see it. The 2017 and 2018 teams slugged .411 and .423. We finished the weekend slugging .354 against Fordham with a team BA of .281. Of the 27 hits this weekend, 5 were for extra bases....meaning we weren't averaging even 2 per game. I even liked some of the approaches that resulted in some of those singles. But we missed some mistakes (Boomer noted as much in the broadcast) and we'll have a tough time in the SEC if the offense relies on stringing together singles.

Fordham may end up being decent (I thought their Friday and Sunday starters were good arms), but they're unlikely to be as good as the worst SEC team we face.

Plenty of time for the bats to warm up.I'd just like to see baseballs clearing the fence and getting in the gaps before I feel confident about March and beyond.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.