New 4th inning fill in rule

6,470 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tonytx05
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It didn't work well last year

It's not gonna work well this year

Our athletic department continues to amaze me with the dumb decisions they continue to make year in and year out in every sport.

What's wrong with saying.. hey you don't have a reserved lower level ticket.. you sit where you are supposed to sit"?
Seems pretty simple if you ask me

I mean if my wife and I walk into a restaurant and there is a waiting list and I spot a table for 6 with a group of 4 sitting there.. my wife and I are not just gonna go sit down because there are a couple empty seats.
12th Man Ag
AG
Well, they did it because of the constant gritching about empty seats on camera. The decision has good intentions, but is just carried out poorly.

What they should have done (in an ideal world and in my opinion) is provided a Flashseats subgroup where Aggies could trade and sell tickets to Aggies only (and of course, this wouldn't be 100% secure). Instead they made a money grab with StubHub and now the problem of empty seats will just worsen because it is such a pain (and way too expensive) to list and sell midweek and non-SEC tickets. Also, some folks may not have even used an Aggie only trading system because they don't even want to subject their fellow season ticket holders to some obnoxious Aggies that show up in the 3rd, get up in the middle of every inning for a drink or to take a phone call or whatever, and leave at the 7th inning stretch. And of course, there is no way to 100% police the re-selling of the tickets to visiting fans.They would rather leave the seats empty and let those loyal fans sitting around then enjoy the full game.
trouble
AG
But a bunch of the seats people complain about aren't even included in this.

I understand why they did it but it's still dumb.
DFWag84
12th Man Ag said:

What they should have done (in an ideal world and in my opinion) is provided a Flashseats subgroup where Aggies could trade and sell tickets to Aggies only (and of course, this wouldn't be 100% secure).
or, just use the ticket exchange forum on Texags

Mid week games you can get GREAT seats it looks like for under face value (with fees on stubhub) and about the same cost as a high school baseball/basketball game.
12th Man Ag
AG
Agreed, but many don't want to deal with the hassle of posting them here, waiting for a response, and then going through the email transfer process, so they just don't list the games they can't attend.

Aggie1205
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Agreed, but many don't want to deal with the hassle of posting them here, waiting for a response, and then going through the email transfer process, so they just don't list the games they can't attend.

This. Read the other thread and posting tickets is more complicated that before according to the ticket holders who have tried. Plus there is a floor price of $6 on all tickets no matter the sport. It's not fans who benefit from StubHub setting a floor, but StubHub makes more money I'm sure.
aggietony2010
AG
Now that I've got it working, StubHub is way faster for listing a bunch of tickets.

But you literally need 3 different logins to do so (12MF, 12MF baseball marketplace, StubHub). I'm tech savvy, and it took 30 minutes to find everything I needed to list the first time. That barrier is gonna deter a lot of people.

And the $6 floor is killer. I used to sell midweeks for $2-3 (total cost to buyer) The absolute minimum you can sell for is essentially $10 after fees.
htxag09
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Word. A quick "hey, this is my seat" should be all it takes. No harm, no foul on the person that sat there.
1. Should is the key word. But people suck. This was actually a big deal at the Houston rodeo a few years ago. Badge holders get into shows for free, but don't have seats so they fill in the stadium. Then they started feeling entitled and asking ticket holders to prove it was their seat, show them the ticket, etc.

2. Am I having deja vu? I feel like we had this exact same thread last year....
tonytx05
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Now that I've got it working, StubHub is way faster for listing a bunch of tickets.

But you literally need 3 different logins to do so (12MF, 12MF baseball marketplace, StubHub). I'm tech savvy, and it took 30 minutes to find everything I needed to list the first time. That barrier is gonna deter a lot of people.

Ditto. Took a little work to get set up the first time, but it's very easy now to go in and list my tickets.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.