Women's Softball

2,587 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ags #1
cocacolaaggie68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fantastic come from behind win in the 7th inning. Not sure how we can post a great men's basebsll score but fail to put the softball score up at the same time. I love watching both teams flipped back and forth. The men's game was no contest thanks to Fordham. The women scrapped and fought all the wY to the bottom of the 7th. Congrats to both. E2 class '68
powerbelly
AG
My guess would be staff resources being allocated to the sports more people care about.
cocacolaaggie68
Believe you are correct
gigum
AG
Who pitched game 2?
mullokmotx
AG
Mayo started, was relieved by McBride in the 4th I think, and Potts pitched the 7th. Martinez with a grand slam in the second. Scored 2 in the seventh without hitting the ball out of the infield to win. I think Walls is the shortstop this year and the next 2 years. Threw out 3 runners at the plate.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Walls is playing incredible. But Martinez actually threw out those runners at home today.
Stone44
AG
We have played a mediocre schedule so far. We'll have to step it up to be competitive in the SEC.
KBAGOLFER
The top the SEC has been challenging themselves the 1st 2 weekends, we have not. The girls head to Cali if they go 4-1 out there, you start feeling better about this year.
Question, the seats behind home plate are season tickets. My problem is they are always empty. It's a very bad look on tv. Please have the ushers pick families w/ kids and put them there.
Gap
AG
astorm said:

The girls head to Cali if they go 4-1 out there, you start feeling better about this year.
Given, our roster turnover, our scheduling makes total sense to me to start this year. The coaches are working to figure out what they have, how the girls transition to the college game, seeing how they best fit together, and giving them a couple of weeks to get their feet under them.

In California next weekend, we play:

Nebraska
#2 UCLA
Cal Poly
#14 Arizona St.
#19 Oregon

If we are the 20th best team in the country, wouldn't we be expected to go 2-3 in the tournament barring an upset win or upset loss?
KBAGOLFER
Gap said:

astorm said:

The girls head to Cali if they go 4-1 out there, you start feeling better about this year.
Given, our roster turnover, our scheduling makes total sense to me to start this year. The coaches are working to figure out what they have, how the girls transition to the college game, seeing how they best fit together, and giving them a couple of weeks to get their feet under them.

In California next weekend, we play:

Nebraska
#2 UCLA
Cal Poly
#14 Arizona St.
#19 Oregon

If we are the 20th best team in the country, wouldn't we be expected to go 2-3 in the tournament barring an upset win or upset loss?

That would make everyone feel the same about the team. If you want to feel like this a super or World Series team, we need to be 4-1
mullokmotx
AG
Batted .185 (23/124) over the weekend and scored just 13 runs in 36 innings. Liberty and McNeese were in the NCAA tournament last year and I forgot that McNeese was here and beat baylor in the first game. Liberty won their first 2 games at the South Carolina regional but then lost twice to USC.
Ags #1
AG
Sec sec sec
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.