How are secondary market ticket purchases going?

7,683 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by twk
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thread from awhile back was pretty negative

Hate that 12MF or whoever is in charge got rid of Flash Seats

I haven't tried yet. Any good news?

TIA
KaneIsAble
AG
Sold my Friday tickets on Stubhub, but it was a pain to get them from my 12th man account to Stubhub one. Flash was just so simple and user friendly.

Captain Pablo
AG
KaneIsAble said:

Sold my Friday tickets on Stubhub, but it was a pain to get them from my 12th man account to Stubhub one. Flash was just so simple and user friendly.

Yeah that's kind of what I figured

Love Aggie baseball. Not a season ticket holder but typically go to a handful of games per year. Not sure about this year

Really disappointed in how the 12MF and administration has mucked up the fan experience over the last few years

Turning grandstands into dirt and grass, shrinking the GA section, botching concessions, and now getting rid of a VERY fan friendly ticket exchange app

Just a disgrace what A&M has done

Ah well. Looking forward to watching this year's team, especially that intriguing starting rotation

Just may have to be via the ESPN app
MaroonMack
Captain Pablo said:

Not a season ticket holder but typically go to a handful of games per year.
This describes me, too. While I've had good luck using the Ticket Exchange board over the years, it seemed like Flash Seats reduced the friction and promoted an efficient secondary market. From what I've seen so far, the StubHub fees have created some friction to avoid using that site.
wareagle044
stubhub is awful compared to Flash
TXAGBQ76
AG
I hear you and respect what you are saying.

The GA seat reduction was caused by an increased demand for season tickets. The berms and playground is pretty popular; that decision was based on feedback from focus groups, pretty detailed questionnaires sent out before the design was done, etc.

I agree 100% on the change from Flash Seats to Stub Hub; the concessions were never great, but like the other venues on campus they continue to go downhill.
Rocky Rider
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

I hear you and respect what you are saying.

The GA seat reduction was caused by an increased demand for season tickets. The berms and playground is pretty popular; that decision was based on feedback from focus groups, pretty detailed questionnaires sent out before the design was done, etc.

I agree 100% on the change from Flash Seats to Stub Hub; the concessions were never great, but like the other venues on campus they continue to go downhill.

I get that old Ags want season tickets, but why squeeze out the students? Students make the atmosphere at A&M.

The A&M experience will change forever if we give in to the season ticket sale temptation. Let's not create an environment like tu. Their game day atmosphere is boring.
BBQ
AG
Rocky, why not have it both ways? As a season ticket holder, I am more than willing to give away ever single ticket away to a student, for the games that I don't attend.. I am guessing that many former student season ticket holders feel the same way. I just need a mechanism to make that happen. Always willing to go out of my way to help a student.
Farmari Bojuji
Capitol Ag
AG
Last I checked the GA/SRO tickets for most games are available. I usually just get those through the 12th Man and make sure to get to Olsen an hour to 1.5 hours before first pitch. That way I can sit in GA with students. Hasn't been an issue for me yet. I love sitting there as that's the center of all the fun that happens at Olsen.
Capt. America
AG
Amen Brother
BenFiasco14
AG
So... what about transferring tickets? Is that still doable through StubHub? Like say someone can't go to the game and just wants to give me their tickets...
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
twk
AG
I've done some swapping amongst my tailgate group, the net result is that I have 2 tickets (not my season tickets) to sell for certain games. I sold the weekday tickets as a package on the Ticket Exchange. But, when everyone in the group passed on extra tickets this weekend, I had to sell those seats for Friday and Saturday. Since these are paper tickets and I can't do a digital transfer (no way for someone to do a digital transfer for tickets than aren't their season tickets, other than a StubHub sale), I elected to post them on StubHub, yesterday morning. The process wasn't any more difficult than it was on Flash, and I got them sold in less than one day.

I have not tried to sell my season tickets on StubHub, and that process does look to be more complicated than with Flash, but not by a whole lot, in my opinion.

To me, the main issue with the switch is the inability to convert paper tickets to digital. I suspect that it won't be too many years before they eliminate paper tickets, so this may not be a problem for long.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Club seat barcodes are not properly mapped on stubhub for listing purposes you can list without the codes and it works fine.

FJB
TXAGBQ76
AG
So the discussion went from GA ticket availability to student ticket availability.

1. Season tickets are what pays the bills. I guess if you want to limit the number of season tickets sold you can do that, but that would mean the GA ticket price would have to go up significantly to offset the reduction in the number of season tickets sold.

2. If reducing the number of student tickets available, you can eliminate all GA ticket availability and make all of the non-season tickets student only. people who do not meet one of these two categories can buy from season holders who have extra tickets- much as it is now.

3. If atmosphere is your concern, we need all of the non-season ticket seats to be students as they set the atmosphere, any other attendees would not add to the atmosphere per se.

4. As someone else said, why not both?
twk
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

So... what about transferring tickets? Is that still doable through StubHub? Like say someone can't go to the game and just wants to give me their tickets...
Depends.

Are these season tickets?

If yes, then you can transfer them digitally (even if you got paper tickets) to anyone with a TMF account, through the TMF web site.

If no, then, no, there is no way to easily transfer tickets, unless you got them in digital form in the first place (if you did, you can transfer them with Apple Wallet, among other ways). I haven't done this with baseball, but I have with football, where I went to the TMF web site, transferred one of my season tickets to myself, added the ticket to my Apple Wallet (on iPhone), then transferred that to someone else. This method is a pain in the ass, and once you convert it to Apple Wallet, it's possible for there to be multiple tickets out there (watch out if you are on the receiving end of a sale this way).
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Have been a season ticket holder for a number of years now...Flash Seats was a complete breeze...totally integrated, everything automatically showed up and fees were reasonable.

Finally forced myself into the StubHub world today...what an f'ing cluster!!!! Have to go to the 12thman website AND StubHub to list tickets; have to completely cancel a sale if you end up wanting to use the tickets; GET TO pay a 25% fee on top of the sale....pretty much feels like the mafia took it to the season ticket holders (we'll hold you hostage even after you've paid your hard earned $$ for season tickets!!). One of the worst moves I've seen TMF make....screw the people who pay the bills and take 20 steps backward in technology integration and a simplified user experience!! Just, wow....
SandmanAg
AG
csag97 - what tickets are you looking to sell? I'm trying to find some for tomorrow.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
I have (5) available for tmrw. Currently listed on S/H for $20ea. Sec. 210.
SandmanAg
AG
Sorry, bought some others. Thanks.
spanky
AG
2 and 3 are grossly incorrect and why the student only section was quickly changed back to a GA/student section after the bluebell remodel
Captain Pablo
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

So the discussion went from GA ticket availability to student ticket availability.

1. Season tickets are what pays the bills. I guess if you want to limit the number of season tickets sold you can do that, but that would mean the GA ticket price would have to go up significantly to offset the reduction in the number of season tickets sold.

2. If reducing the number of student tickets available, you can eliminate all GA ticket availability and make all of the non-season tickets student only. people who do not meet one of these two categories can buy from season holders who have extra tickets- much as it is now.

3. If atmosphere is your concern, we need all of the non-season ticket seats to be students as they set the atmosphere, any other attendees would not add to the atmosphere per se.

Double the price of GA for non students.

I have advocated for that many times

Your other points are just wrong... adults with their own kids in the stands add plenty... it's baseball... the students are no more "atmospheric" than anyone else

I am ok with letting students in 10 minutes before the others. It's their park and they should get first crack. But arrive late, and it's to the grass for you

As for buying from season ticket holders, forget it... this has been discussed ad nauseum... their tickets are their toys, to play with or not... they're too lazy to sell them or they just don't care..... because those tickets are MINE

The solution is this:
Double the price of GA. Open the gates to students 1.5 hours before 1st pitch, everyone else 10 minutes later... make it much easier for season ticket holders to transfer IF THEY WANT... 12MF went the opposite direction on this... literally, make it as easy as ONE CLICK to relinquish tickets to the open market. I think many season tickets would be glad to do this.
Bocephus
AG
Stubhub is ****e and I hope the 12th man got a nice fee for switching to it. They screw the buyer and seller over with fees. Add on top of that, it is a much more complicated process to use. Just frustrating all around. Flashseats was far superior. They chose revenue over fan happiness.

As for concessions, was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the slovacek sausage wrap I had. Disappointed they no longer sell ice cream in a little Aggie baseball cap cup.
Kozmozag
Do away with left field berm. Put seats in. Daughter invited me up for a game last year, sat in right field grass, it was horrible. Great for young folks and kids. Also while I'm *****ing add left field party deck.
Bocephus
AG
If we were selling out every game, you could have an argument
tonytx05
AG
My experience may be unique, but I had a pretty easy time with listing my season tickets. It was actually easier than in the past because we have paper tickets and I always had to manually type in the barcodes to sell them on Flash.

I went to the 12thman site, selected the tickets I wanted to list, and never had to manually type anything in. Yes, it's a pain we see the fees as sellers now but they were always there, just on the buyers before. Listing prices for tickets will rise to account for that.

I like StubHub's experience for buying tickets way better than Flash, so hopefully it'll help sell more unused tickets.
Captain Pablo
AG
Bocephus said:

Think he has an argument now

Berms suck

Get rid of them. At least one of them

Do ticket sales ever exceed available seating in the grandstand? If so, there's another justification
EVA3
AG
Bocephus said:

News flash: Most people don't want to buy a ticket to sit in the grass. So a lot of people stay home.
EMY92
AG
Bingo. If I don't buy a reserved seat, I'm not driving 100 miles to sit on a berm.
twk
AG
EVA3 said:

Bocephus said:

News flash: Most people don't want to buy a ticket to sit in the grass. So a lot of people stay home.

When they add those 600 seats that will take the place of the LF berm, they will probably sell all of them as season tickets. The only way people who come down for single games are going to have reserved seats is if we build to the point that we have more armchair seats than demand for season tickets, or if they buy on the secondary market.
Bocephus
AG
twk said:

EVA3 said:

Bocephus said:

When they add those 600 seats that will take the place of the LF berm, they will probably sell all of them as season tickets. The only way people who come down for single games are going to have reserved seats is if we build to the point that we have more armchair seats than demand for season tickets, or if they buy on the secondary market.

Are we currently selling every reserved seat to every game?
twk
AG
Bocephus said:

twk said:

EVA3 said:

Bocephus said:

Are we currently selling every reserved seat to every game?

They sell every available season ticket. They hold a few seats back for some reason (probably for tournament comps).
Tex100
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

We give 30K to students at Kyle for a reason. The recent grab of baseball upper deck seats from GA hurt the BBP atmosphere, IMO.
BQ_90
AG
Tex100 said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

We give 30K to students at Kyle for a reason. The recent grab of baseball upper deck seats from GA hurt the BBP atmosphere, IMO.

We also built a bigger stadium, Olsen we went the other direction. So to correct that GA seats where taken. The AD or whoever makes the decisions would take away seats at Kyle if the demand was there.

Money trumps anything else right now
Aggie1205
AG
Quote:

This is where we as a fan base need to decide if we want the 12th Man Foundation/AD focused on maximizing every possible revenue dollar or creating a great atmosphere. I feel like in the last 7-8 years they have swung heavily towards the maximizing revenue side overall across multiple sports. The move to Stub Hub is just one part of that.
BQ_90
AG
Aggie1205 said:

Quote:

This is where we as a fan base need to decide if we want the 12th Man Foundation/AD focused on maximizing every possible revenue dollar or creating a great atmosphere. I feel like in the last 7-8 years they have swung heavily towards the maximizing revenue side overall across multiple sports. The move to Stub Hub is just one part of that.
Well under Byrne it started. Partly because we were so behind in facilities, coaches, success.

Then Sharp took over and Kyle Field turned into dick measuring contest with the sips, then came revenue.

But it's hard to see that ever move now is money driven, not fan driven.

It's why I'm surprised everyone wants them to expand Olsen. They new seats won't go to them, it'll go to the high priority point donors. Olsen will be reseated and those long time season ticket holders will lose their seats. I think many on here th9nk the new seats will sit in reserve for,them to buy single game seats
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.