Dugout Club

4,875 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BQ_90
Leander - Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are they doing it this year? Have received nothing.
TXAGBQ76
AG
It was part of the season ticket renewal package
wareagle044
On the old 12th man foundation site, it was difficult to find -- but you were able to join through a donation there. I've found sport-specific giving on the new site, but nothing about Dugout Club specifically.

I opted not to join this year, but may change my mind as it gets closer to the season, so it'd be nice to know how to get there.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I was literally on my season ticket renewal form (as was the ability to buy a parking pass) as an option. I did all of it on line.
wareagle044
TXAGBQ76 said:

I was literally on my season ticket renewal form (as was the ability to buy a parking pass) as an option. I did all of it on line.

I saw it on the renewal which is the obvious easiest time. I just didn't do it then as I'm not sold in my head that I'll be doing it again this year.

One year, I emailed Hutchins to get in -- so that's always an option as well.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Or the Diamond Darlings
BQ_90
AG
Got my email today. Got back 4th lunch, lost jacket, $400 cost. At some point Levy is going kill this group with constant price increases
PapaJohn14
AG
BQ_90 said:

Got my email today. Got back 4th lunch, lost jacket, $400 cost. At some point Levy is going kill this group with constant price increases

Still haven't gotten my email. And there's no jacket this year?
BQ_90
AG
JACH14 said:

BQ_90 said:

Still haven't gotten my email. And there's no jacket this year?
No jacket, but 4 lunches. So we get back the one they cancelled last year. my guess is levy raised prices so we got a lunch instead of a jacket
AgFlyGuy
AG
Avery Barnhill '21 is the 2018-2019 Dugout Club Diamond Darling representative this season. She's using the same email address that Reagan used last year: aggiesdugoutclub@gmail.com. She can email anyone interested either a PDF or Word application form. The four meetings are scheduled for Feb & Mar 13th, Apr 10th and May 1st.
Leander - Ag
AG
Did not get email. Sux that they are not doing jackets
Tex100
AG
$400 but no jackets? I won't be rejoining anytime soon.
wareagle044
Leander - Ag said:

Seals the deal for me. I won't be joining as I can only make maybe one luncheon a year, usually. The jacket was typically the selling point for me over the luncheon.
Aggieangler93
AG
I was thinking about joining, but I was going to do so to help the program and get the jacket. My work schedule never allows me to make anything at lunch. Now that there is no jacket, and no chance I will make a lunch, I guess I will just make a donation to 12th man and assign it to baseball. I don't see a difference.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Leander - Ag
AG
wareagle044 said:

Leander - Ag said:

Seals the deal for me. I won't be joining as I can only make maybe one luncheon a year, usually. The jacket was typically the selling point for me over the luncheon.
Agree - I am not signing up. Especially if they can't send out an email to prior members.
Tex100
AG
wareagle044 said:

Leander - Ag said:

Yeah, it used to be one dinner and the whole team was there. Then they went to 4 lunches. There are some people that look to live for the lunches. I could only make one a year. And the price kept going up.
BQ_90
AG
Most of the cost increases are going straight to levy.
TXAGBQ76
AG
and you know that how?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Good gosh how many jackets to you need? I just moved and donated about 10 to a group providing warm jackets for homeless folks- and STILL have Dugout Club jackets.

I never joined for the jacket, I merely saw it as another way to support the team/ I guess I should feel foolish.
BQ_90
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

and you know that how?
Well several of us asked why the fourth lunch was dropped last year and where told food cost.

So do the math. I suggested the jacket be an extra option, since many can't make any of the lunches.
Leander - Ag
AG
BQ_90 said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

and you know that how?
Well several of us asked why the fourth lunch was dropped last year and where told food cost.

So do the math. I suggested the jacket be an extra option, since many can't make any of the lunches.

Good idea
TexAg91
AG
Tex100 said:

$400 but no jackets? I won't be rejoining anytime soon.

Am I wrong, or did the price go from $175 in 2017 to $400 in 2019? More than double the cost and we lost the jacket? While I know we are supporting the program with the donation, for us out of towners, it is just a donation with nothing received in return. Not even a Fran-like email with some quasi-inside info.
JohnnieBB
AG
to TexAg91,

You are wrong. Last year cost was $350.00 with jacket and 4 lunches. This year cost is $ 400.00, 4 lunches and no jacket. Lunch cost was outrageous,$4,000 per lunch. Typical Levi and bad food.

There will be 4 lunches this year: February 13, March 13, April 10 an May 1. You can buy a jacket but, I don't know the cost.

I have gone for at least 14 year and will continue to support the baseball program, jackets or not, bad food or not. I enjoy listening to the coaches and players perspectives on baseball and Texas A & M.

Hope this helps you.
Leander - Ag
AG
So now you can buy the jacket outside of the dugout club?
BQ_90
AG
JohnnieBB said:

to TexAg91,

You are wrong. Last year cost was $350.00 with jacket and 4 lunches. This year cost is $ 400.00, 4 lunches and no jacket. Lunch cost was outrageous,$4,000 per lunch. Typical Levi and bad food.

There will be 4 lunches this year: February 13, March 13, April 10 an May 1. You can buy a jacket but, I don't know the cost.

I have gone for at least 14 year and will continue to support the baseball program, jackets or not, bad food or not. I enjoy listening to the coaches and players perspectives on baseball and Texas A & M.

Hope this helps you.
There was only 3 lunches last year
TexAg91
AG
JohnnieBB said:

to TexAg91,

Hope this helps you.
I was comparing 2019 to 2017 (not 2018). I paid the $350 in 2018, went to no lunches, and finally received my jacket in late April due to an utter lack of organization from the club.

And perhaps you missed the part about my being out of town and thus unable to make any lunches and listen to any "perspective".

My whole point is that the $400 is nothing more than an increased donation for us out-of-towners and season ticket holders.
BQ_90
AG
Also need to remeber these increases isn't bring in more money for the team. It's to cover the Levy lunch increases
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.