Sarah Hudek leaving Aggie Softball program

8,834 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggies2009
gigem92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.flosoftball.com/articles/6273772-junior-outfielder-sarah-hudek-leaves-texas-am

[This thread is locked for now. We are NOT allowing wild speculation and personal attacks against individual players, etc. Email the moderator if you need further clarification. Moderator]
BreNayPop
AG
What is the deal? Obv something is up
McCoveysCove
She cant handle the truth
mullokmotx
AG
So the only starters back from the last game are Kelbi and Riley. Wow.
hillcountryag86
AG
Wow. Team has experienced far beyond normal attrition. What is going on?
Artimus Gordon
Man something stinks over there in the softball program.
EMIN was WOW!
Yeah this isn't good.
sharpdressedman
gigem92 said:

https://www.flosoftball.com/articles/6273772-junior-outfielder-sarah-hudek-leaves-texas-am
FTA:

"During the 2018 season, Hudek led the Aggies in batting average (.363) and on-base percentage (.427). She drove in 33 runs with 14 doubles and 8 home runs."

Jo's players are voting with their feet. Strong rumors persist that she has one season to make magic happen or she is gone. All the transfers are significantly raising the bar she has to clear.
pilot
AG
Dang. What is going on?
Kozmozag
Time for a change.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Looks like a lot of change is happening
jdh321
They better do something quickly! It's hard enough recruiting against the other SEC schools and now Mike White is right down the road. I have serious concerns about the turn the program is making after such a promising outlook just 2 years ago.
ryanmene34
AG
So what truth is it she can't handle?
CactusThomas
AG
Big loss
Ags06Win
AG
Hiring the hitting coach was an inside and dubious decision. He is married to a former player, and did not have the credentials to be a SEC D1 coach. This was not a hire that helped the program.

The pressure is definitely on to win this year, and after losing these 5 possible starters, they won't finish in the top 4 in the SEC.

Klinger, Jatzlau, and Smith will provide some key parts, but don't know if the pitching can be consistent enough in the SEC.
Reno Hightower
sharpdressedman
After the defections, the current roster includes 1 senior (Sartain) and 4 juniors. Jo will be playing the youth card this season.
Goro Majima
AG
She'll probably transfer to ULL. I have no idea what could be going on but I think it's time for a change. And I've been a pretty vocal Jo Evans supporter in the past.
Goro Majima
AG
Actually, it's plain and simple. To me, after the way the Florida Super Regional went down, I think Jo Evans lost the team, at least the older players on it.

I don't blame any of them, and deep down I figured it was only a matter of time before Hudek followed Milligan. Hell, even Alderink left the program.
wbaggie34
Jo lost nothing period. Jo and team are better off with out certain cancers being on the team. Pretty chicken S&$t to leave in November!!! They will take their lumps this year even if they had the ones who left. This will be a huge benefit for recruiting in the next couple of years!! Watch and see how they succeed in 2 years.
ryanmene34
AG
If you don't know what's going on behind the scenes or
In the program, pretty chicken s*#t to say that. Program was at the WCWS two years ago and all the starters are leaving. Something is wrong!!
wbaggie34
Know exactly what's going on behind the scenes!!!!
wbaggie34
Well said and totally correct!! 100% accurate
YouThought
Awwww so cute. A couple pissed off dads that think they know EXACTLY what's going on behind the scenes. You people have ZERO clue what's going on, but y'all sure are brave to sit around and talk about some 20 year old kids. Pretty naive to just sit around and take some kids word for the 100% truth too. If you think you know exactly what's going on, sit down and think about it for a moment before you go on an anonymous blog to bash some kids that probably took playing time from your precious angels! Considering there's only 1 starter left so it must not be yours
wbaggie34
Sorry to piss y'all off with the truth.
CactusThomas
AG
What was your previous username?

You sound like a troll.
AgDad77
AG
Aww so cute YouThought - what happened hit a emotional nerve with you and you are upset and got your feelings hurt.

Hahahahaha - no daddy here - got a good laugh out of that though - no kid involved with program at all.

Not pissed off at anything - sounds like you are the one with all the inside info - just maybe you are the daddy??

Please enlighten with your in-depth knowledge since there is ZERO clue on the situation.

I am not real sure what you mean by taking some kids word for the 100% truth - again please enlighten.

What was said that in your opinion isn't a accurate statement - I was just giving my opinion of my observations - again please enlighten.

Only 1 starter left on the team?? You must be bad at math or I am missing something - again please enlighten.
wbaggie34
No previous user tired of arm chair coaches with no damn clue what goes on in a locker room at the D1 Level. Tired of know it all wanna be coaches bad mouthing great programs. You want her job you want steins job go get your damn degree and spend thousands of hours coaching and then apply. She's forgotten more about the game than any of y'all will ever know.
wbaggie34
Riley and Kelbi only returning starters. Lost one of the best classes to ever play softball at A&M. Then lost selfish players who needed to go. Have made respect for Riley for staying and competing staying and fighting. Not running away because it was going to be a tough season.
Goro Majima
AG
I was literally told that the reason Hudek left is because she and Keeli are a couple. One guy told me that the team likely underperformed because of all the personal drama going on behind the scenes last season.

I will forever remember Milligan fondly for the HBP to the face in 2017, but I think the program is better off without the drama.
AgDad77
AG
Bingo - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!
mullokmotx
AG
Certainly unusual for 5 contributing players to leave the program like this. But 2 players did transfer in from other schools, all 6 players who signed a year ago are on the roster along with 1 more, and 6 players signed a few weeks ago. The starting lineup had barely changed in the previous 3 seasons so this spring will have a lot of newness about it.
Aggies2009
AG
What in the world is going on?

You've got girls transferring out at an alarming rate (although it looks like 2 were a couple so they wanted to stick together... understandable).

Then you've got a few girls transferring in- good news.

And then you've got some people jumping at the opportunity to pull their "FIRE THE COACH" schtick.

And they're responded to by people who appear to be "in the know" and say that the transferring players were bad for the team.

And then you have others claiming to be "in the know" saying that's not the case and trying to ridicule the original "in the know" people.

Neither are new things. People always claim to be "in the know" about things happening, but never come out and say it (other than the guy who called out Rhett Bomar getting checks from an Oklahoma car dealership.... and he turned out to be right).

And PJ Tucker is still dribbling.
Aggies2009
AG
mullokmotx said:

so this spring will have a lot of newness about it.
From how negatively people have talked about our team the past few seasons, isn't this a good thing? Or was the team great now that those players are gone?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.