This may help revive Rice's baseball program

1,925 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by McCoveysCove
96ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd
Would be interesting to see the breakdown of the family incomes for the top baseball prospects that go to college. My gut tells me that a lot of them come from families that would not qualify for these scholarships/grants.
TXAggie2011
AG
Those scholarships, based on that description, will count against the baseball program's scholarship limit.
Sandman98
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
Will try to post not on phone
greg.w.h
AG
Meh...I'm sure Rice treats those as academic scholarships with a need-based qualification and most Rice students would meet the NCAA requirements for academic scholarships not turning the student athlete into a "counter".

So the athletic scholarships would mostly go to less-academically-qualified "student" athletes.
cypress-ag
AG
Funny thing is that William Marsh Rice established that school with an endowment that was suppose to pay for all students admitted. That was changed but the endowment continues to grow.
McCoveysCove
Correct me if I am wrong, but academic is not athletic. So the baseball player would be considered a walk on

What I do not know is if a student athlete qualifies for both academic and athletic aid? i would think not. But tuition at Rice is 47k out of 62k

Rice is about to get good again
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.