Asa Lacy gets glowing reviews from Alaska Baseball League summer performance

2,050 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OKCAGS
Gladiator 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://d1baseball.com/summer-baseball/prospect-rundown-alaska-baseball-league/

Quote:

The Miners had a hefty crop of intriguing prospects, but perhaps no one caught everyone's attention quite like Texas A&M lefthander and fireballer Asa Lacy. Lacy really came on at the end of the 2018 college season, throwing a gem in a win at the SEC tournament. He also stepped up for the Miners throughout the summer, setting the stage for what should be an interesting fall and spring of 2019 with he and fellow lefty John Doxakis back in the rotation.

While Lacy leads the way in terms of MLB draft prospects at the ABL, he's not alone.
clendenin
AG
Its a pay story but go ahead and support Kendal Rogers and d1 baseball with a subscription
TXAggie2011
AG
Good to hear!
Amazing Moves
Fantastic.
twk
AG
Dox and Asa are the key to the season. We need them to be the kind of 1-2 punch we haven't had since Wacha and Stripling.
Aggieangler93
AG
I like the grit that Asa seems to bring. Maybe it's just my perception of him, but I think he will go far.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
OKCAGS
Those 2 lefties ( Dox and Asa ) are going to win us a bunch of weekend series . You are talking about 2 guys who both have wipeout stuff from the left side and both project to be Day 1 draft guys .
Lance Uppercut
AG
Lacy started throwing a consistent changeup later in the season, and it made him a much more effective pitcher. Excited to see him pitch in the spring.
jt2hunt
AG
Would you pitch them fri sat or split them and go l r l in a weekend series?
Mr.Ackar07
jt2hunt said:

Would you pitch them fri sat or split them and go l r l in a weekend series?
Depends on how strong of a righty we have that can step up. If that pitcher is relatively weak, going LLR makes the most sense. All this is based on another lefty not stepping up either like Jozwiak.
OKCAGS
I think Jaws or Childress is your 3rd starter anyway ..... so ...... it's a Southpaw Festival .

I don't know if ANY Top 25 program over the past decade has had 3 lefties to roll out , like we have , To start each game of a weekend series. To be where we are now with lefties ( after several years of only 1 or 2 on the whole staff ) is pretty crazy.
Aggie12B
AG
We rode an awesome all lefty starting rotation to the CWS in 93; Jeff Granger, Trey Moore, and Kelly Wunch.
OKCAGS
That was a great staff .... back in '93 .... too bad the bats were juiced . That kind of staff today , could win in Omaha .
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.