Aggie Softball Gets 2 Transfers

2,828 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TXAG1977
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://12thman.com/news/2018/8/13/softball-texas-am-adds-two-transfers-to-2018-19-roster.aspx

I had wondered if Coach Evans was going to try and look to the transfer market to help with the departure of Show and it looks as if she did. Kendall Potts from Baylor looks to be a capable replacement, with a ton of experience pitching against P5 teams and sporting a pretty decent ERA and overall record. Really top notch pickup for Aggie softball as she'll be eligible to play immediately.

I know virtually nothing of the other player but hope to see her provide some competition for the shortstop position after Cuyos' graduation.

CactusThomas
Hop
Staff
AG
The press release wasn't clear, but if she received a medical redshirt in 2017 as a junior, how does she have two years of eligibility left? What happened in 2018?
Belton Ag
AG
I wondered that myself. If a person isn't enrolled at a college and is not on scholarship for a year, does that year count on their eligibility clock?

Edit: It appears she left Baylor at the end of the 2017 season and wasn't on a roster anywhere in 2018.
TXAG1977
AG
She is waiting on word but the medical redshirt is thought likely.

Infielder was UTA's best player and hopefully can play shortstop for us.
TXAG1977
AG
She is waiting on word but the medical redshirt is thought likely.

Infielder was UTA's best player and hopefully can play shortstop for us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.