Piecing together the 2019 schedule

6,705 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by twk
ensign_beedrill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, it's a new rule. You can play two games in the fall that don't count as a part of your season.
AgFan1999
AG
LSU was just there last year. Wasn't it just a few years ago we only went every other year?
W
AG
LSU last played in the classic in 2017. Did not play there in 2018. And passed in 2019.

the horns dropped out after 2014 or 2015.

the tournament is just not the cat's meow that it used to be
Agsncws
AG
Fordham (the winningest baseball program in NCAA history) has been announced for opening weekend.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Luke The Drifter
AG
It appears there will be a slow rollout of the schedule over a 2-week period. My first impression is that it sounds like a corny, kinda dumb idea.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
jkag89
Agsncws said:

Fordham (the winningest baseball program in NCAA history) has been announced for opening weekend.
Seems to be a decent enough opening weekend opponent. Common opponents last season: Rhode Island and Cornell. The Aggies swept both, Fordham won the series against both but dropped a game in each series.
Quote:

It appears there will be a slow rollout of the schedule over a 2-week period. My first impression is that it sounds like a corny, kinda dumb idea.
Yeah kinda dumb unless they are still crossing the ts and dotting the is on the bulk of the schedule. If so then at least they are giving us a taste of who we will face.
ensign_beedrill
AG
We like opening against the Rams.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Looks like some good midweek road trips!
Luke The Drifter
AG
RPI helpers...playing away from home and all.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
twk
AG
Arkansas series will be the final series, at Olsen.

Arkansas schedule
twk
AG
jkag89 said:

Agsncws said:

Seems to be a decent enough opening weekend opponent. Common opponents last season: Rhode Island and Cornell. The Aggies swept both, Fordham won the series against both but dropped a game in each series.
Quote:

Yeah kinda dumb unless they are still crossing the ts and dotting the is on the bulk of the schedule. If so then at least they are giving us a taste of who we will face.
My concern is that they are still negotiating with ESPN on moving some of those series to Thursday.
ensign_beedrill
AG
It hasn't stopped them before. They move series to Thursday starts after the schedule is released a lot.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Haha if you go to the schedule and look at DBU, it says Hornet Stadium. Click the link and it takes you to Sacramento State's football stadium.

DBU's park is called Horner Ballpark.
nereus
AG
ensign_beedrill
AG
No Ivy League!!

Hop
Staff
AG
One of the weakest non-conference schedules in a long time.
nereus
AG
Is it even weaker than last years?

BETTER THAN LAST YEAR
- Sam Houston and Texas away vs at home

SAME AS LAST YEAR
- Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word, SFA, Texas State, Abilene Christian, Prairie View A&M

WORSE THAN LAST YEAR
- Rice and TAMU-CC at home as opposed to away

NOT CERTAIN YET
- Houston away and DBU away for two home games vs Northwestern (good trade based on last few seasons)
- TCU and Houston for Cal and Lousiana Tech in the neutral site tournament (good trade based on last few seasons)
- Cornell for UIC (good trade based on last few seasons)
- Long Beach State for Gonzaga (I think Long Beach is probably better but Gonzaga has actually had a better RPI and finished higher in the Big West standings than Long Beach State two of the last three years)
- Rhode Island for Fordham (not a good trade based on last few seasons)

I really have no idea what other team's rosters are like (you might be more plugged into that than me so maybe you know Gonzaga, Houston, and DBU lost a bunch of juniors and seniors while Long Beach, Northwestern, and Rhode Island are big favorites to win their conferences this year, etc.), but just looking at what teams have done the last three years Fordham for Rhode Island is really the only big downgrade from last year's schedule.

It does make a very weak non-conference home schedule for season ticket holders (if that is what you are referring to) as our best non-conference games are mid-week away games or the tournament games in Houston.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Vanderbilt at home and Kentucky away are the first two SEC series.

Luke The Drifter
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Yea...I was correct on this one. Rolling out the schedule slowly is indeed a corny, kinda dumb idea.
twk
AG
So, that final SEC East home series will be either Georgia or Missouri (assuming we don't play UT 3 years in a row)?
Agsncws
AG
Confirmed that it's Missouri. Also, I cant believe were gonna drip this out 2 weeks at a time.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
twk
AG
That just leaves April 12-14 and May 3-5, with Auburn being one and Mississippi State being the other.
ensign_beedrill
AG
ensign_beedrill
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Yea...I was correct on this one. Rolling out the schedule slowly is indeed a corny, kinda dumb idea.
I agree with you. But at least we're getting it early!
twk
AG
So the latest Tweet is Auburn April 12-14 and USC April 19-21, but noting a "possible" change to the 18th-20th. That leaves MSU for May 3-5 and rounds out the schedule, subject to any adjustments for TV
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.