Aggie commits doing well at the Area Code games

2,384 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by McCoveysCove
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://d1baseball.com/at-the-ballpark/area-code-games-2018-day-one/

Quote:

GAME 2:
Rangers 002 000 0 2 4 0
Reds 000 000 0 0 5 1

Lost opportunities. That's what this one came down to. The Reds lost 'em. The Rangers took 'em.
According to my "unofficial" count, the Reds went 3-for-17 with men on base and 1-for-8 with men in scoring position. And that one hit was an infield single that did not score a run. Ack! That hurts. Of course, go ahead and credit that Ranger pitching crew of starter Matt Thompson (Texas A&M commit), J.J. Goss (Texas A&M commit) and Jacob Meador (TCU commit), who did hold the Reds to just five hits and worked their way around six walks in the seven innings.

[...]

So while the Reds were coming up so un-clutch, the Rangers got all they would need in the third inning. After going six-up, six-down in the first two innings (solid two inning start for TCU commit Riley Cornelio), Armani Sanchez (Oklahoma commit) was immediately plunked by new pitcher D.J. Jefferson (USC commit). After that Logan Britt (Texas A&M commit) notched an infield single to put men at first and second with nobody out. From there it was a pair of RBI outs that put the Rangers on the board with Sanson Faitine's (Texas commit) RBI groundout to shortstop and Easton "Bo" Willis' (Texas Tech commit) RBI flout to left.

That would be it. The Reds kept threatening in the game but couldn't find that clutch hit they needed. Again, big props to J.J. Goss and Jacob Meador for keeping the Reds at bay when they needed it. It also didn't hurt that the Rangers played errorless defense along the way.

Matt Thompson

J.J. Goss
BurnetAggie99
Good stuff but projected draft rankings I don't think Ags get Thompson to campus.
Mr.Ackar07
BurnetAggie99 said:

Good stuff but projected draft rankings I don't think Ags get Thompson to campus.
True, but this time last year Jonathan Childress was a projected first rounder.
McCoveysCove
Sure is hard to predict at this point. I'm leaning towards losing Thompson, Goss and Britt. Although Britt isnt a great hitter now and is erratic with his arm in the OF. He does have elite times with pro testing in all categories so he projects to be a top 50 pick. So he is likely to sign rather than come to school and get his stock higher. Wolf is another quality arm but I don't think he signs pro contract. Mayfield is a kid that will get drafted but not sure how high. I would predict top 6 rounds. He is going to be a good one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.