Umpiring in Bryan/College Station?

4,350 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cevans_40
thattexaskid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!

I'm starting at A&M this fall, and I'm an experienced little league umpire looking for opportunities in the BCS area. Any suggestions? I don't care whether it's volunteer or paid, I just want to pick up umpiring again.

Thank you!
ABATTBQ87
AG
http://www.taso.org/chapter-directory/baseball/district-8
Captn_Ag05
AG
May also want to cross post on the Aggieland board on here to see if locals have suggestions.
java94
AG
If you, or anyone else, are interested in slow pitch softball, we're always looking for more officials.

Go to www.bvsua.org and click on the registration form under Become an Umpire. Games are Mon-Thur nights in CS or Bryan. Pay starts at $17 per game (50 minutes), typically 3-4 games in a night.

We'll have a clinic before the fall season starts. I'll post back when I find out the date/time.
java94
AG
For those interested, we'll be having a clinic Sunday 8/19 @ 9am at veterans park. We'll start in the meeting room in the middle of the softball fields. If the weather allows, we'll move to the fields for mechanics after that. The Fall season typically starts the Tuesday after Memorial Day.

Go to the link site above to register if you want to umoire this Fall.
aggie77
You can also go to collegestationlittleleague.com and send a message to the umpire coordinator.
cevans_40
AG
I would advise you go the high school or slowpitch route. The money is much better and there are not as many crazy parents.

Also, if you go the high school route, Don't be afraid to look into other sports. I paid my way through college officiating 3 different sports year around.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.