Barash Retires

3,587 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by W
Tex100
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://twitter.com/M_Barash5/status/1019703079514640384/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1019703079514640384&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F25%2Ftopics%2F2963021
technoviking
AG
Barash would make an excellent coach in time, i think.
jkag89
technoviking said:

Barash would make an excellent coach in time, i think.
Yep. I would love to see him him in the Maroon and White again as a graduate assistant.
Rongagin71
AG
Very good tweet, glad he is coming back to A&M to finish his degree.
sharpdressedman
Congratulations on living your dream, and best wishes for the future!
Mark Fairchild
AG
All the best in life for you young Aggie!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
ensign_beedrill
AG
I think it's likely!

TMartin
Would love to see him work with the current group of Aggie catchers.
annie88
AG
I think hell make a great coach but I am a little confused as to why he's decided to stop playing.

Didn't he just get promoted to AAA?
ColoradoMooseHerd
annie88 said:

I think hell make a great coach but I am a little confused as to why he's decided to stop playing.

Playing in AAA does not always mean that you are about to be pulled up, sometimes you are a journeyman that is filling out the roster and the team might not consider you a Major League Prospect. Not saying this is the case with Barash, but lots of teams do this. Especially with catchers.

Often the best pitchers and sometimes position players, just make the jump from AA to the bigs.
Mr.Ackar07
annie88 said:

He was called up to AAA briefly to fill in for 2 catchers on that roster that were out. One was on the DL and the other was out for some other reason I can't remember. They were down to 1 catcher and needed him to fill in as the backup.

The good news is that he homered in his last game, so he's leaving on a high note.
CEAg78
AG
My cousin was playing in the St Louis organization, Palm Beach and Springfield. His coach sat down with him and said if he devoted himself, single-mindedly to baseball, he could make the Majors. But, if he wanted time for his wife and his work in AIA, he wasn't going to make it. Some people could on pure talent, some people have to work harder.

My cousin is coaching with U of Richmond now. It was the best decision for him.
Chester
Lesson here for all kids who think there are going to MLB
themissinglink
AG
chester said:

Chase your dreams and if it doesn't work out, you can always go back and finish your degree?
annie88
AG
Thanks for the replies. I wish him well on whatever he chooses to do. He was one of my favorite Aggie players ever!
KT 90
AG
themissinglink said:

chester said:

Chase your dreams and if it doesn't work out, you can always go back and finish your degree?

Correct. Nothing wrong with giving it a go. He did something that most of us on this board wish we were able to do.

I'm sure at some point there will be an interview where he discusses his reason(s) for shutting it down. Might need a little time first though. Best of luck to him and hopefully he finishes out his degree.

Chester
KT 90 said:

themissinglink said:

chester said:

Correct. Nothing wrong with giving it a go. He did something that most of us on this board wish we were able to do.

I'm sure at some point there will be an interview where he discusses his reason(s) for shutting it down. Might need a little time first though. Best of luck to him and hopefully he finishes out his degree.

I agree. Go chase your dreams but always have a backup plan which should include getting back to A&M and getting a degree.

W
AG
so which former position player is closest to the show now?

Aggie1205
AG
Not counting Naquin?
Mr.Ackar07
W said:

so which former position player is closest to the show now?

As in MLB debuts? That would exclude Pennington, Mengden, and Kyle Martin who are all in AAA currently.

Grayson Long is in AAA but has been out all year on the DL.

Mark Ecker, Jason Jester are in AA. Ecker is doing well after a rough start to the season. I'd expect Ryan Hendrix to bump up to AA shortly. Ryne Birk, Blake Allemand, and Logan Taylor are in AA as well, but I don't think they are close to the next level.

I'd expect Long, Ecker, and Hendrix have the best shots to debut next. Nick Banks would be my choice for a position player having a shot at the MLB level; after a slow start to his career, he's crushed it since his promotion to A+.

W
AG
thanks. It seems like the program has struggled the last 10 years or so in getting position players all the way to the bigs.

need more as Cliff may be hanging 'em up soon
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

themissinglink said:

chester said:

And..... here is your Barash interview. Not sure if it requires premium to listen to, but it is worth the time to give it a listen. Seems like a good guy, ready to finish school and give coaching a shot.

https://texags.com/s/28859/michael-barash-decides-to-hang-up-cleats-begin-coaching-career/25
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

thanks. It seems like the program has struggled the last 10 years or so in getting position players all the way to the bigs.

need more as Cliff may be hanging 'em up soon

Don't forget about Naquin!
Mr.Ackar07
The non-premium version is now at the top of the baseball board
W
AG
he may soon be the only one
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.