Flash Seats

6,163 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ensign_beedrill
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw on the football board that A&M is ending their partnership with Flash Seats, if true that's going to be a pretty big impact on baseball next year too
W
AG
an enormous impact --- since there are so many out-of-town season ticket holders
KT 90
AG
Where has this been confirmed? There is a thread on premium asking for someone from the 12th Man to comment that has been out there for a couple months now. Keeps getting bumped every so often, but not a peep.
htxag09
AG
W said:

an enormous impact --- since there are so many out-of-town season ticket holders

Why will it be an enormous impact? It's not like they're going from flash seats to printed tickets only.
Aggie1205
AG
If the new platform doesn't allow seats to be sold under face value that will have an effect.
htxag09
AG
That would probably be a decision made by a&m, not a function of whatever platform they go with. All the marketplaces allow you to limit the price tickets can be sold for or leave it completely open, set a time in which the marketplace closes, etc.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I really liked Flash. It was very easy to use and fees were not bad. Hope the new system is as good.
tjack16
AG
looks like Stubhub is about to get a lot of business from Aggies
Aggies2009
AG
Paciolan is the new system we're going to. Learfield bought em last summer or something so we're switching to them.
KT 90
AG
from the thread on premium, although it wold be be nice if someone from the Athletic Dept could at least acknowledge something:

https://www.paciolan.com/solutions/college-athletics

(scroll through the Clients and we're on there)

aggiepaintrain
AG
y'all need to chill it's going to be via stub hub
it will be fine
wareagle044
The biggest concern for me would be - will there be a connection fee for season ticket holders. Using flash seats, the connection fee for the seller was free and all fees were on the buyer - not a big deal from a season tickets standpoint, but I'll probably not do dugout club as that's how I offset the cost of doing both tickets and dugout club.
jvanbeek
AG
I had never heard of them. But scrolling through the schools, you can see that they have a good share of them. I thought I saw most of the SEC, BDF, and Pac-12.
threeanout
AG
Curious as to why something that was operating so smoothly is suddenly being switched out by 12th Man, yet you have an absolute debacle like Levy who they continue to work with?

Kind of like when Hinch has a reliever who works a perfect inning, throws 12 pitches, gets three quick outs and then he yanks him to try someone else.
threeanout
AG
wareagle044 said:

The biggest concern for me would be - will there be a connection fee for season ticket holders. Using flash seats, the connection fee for the seller was free and all fees were on the buyer - not a big deal from a season tickets standpoint, but I'll probably not do dugout club as that's how I offset the cost of doing both tickets and dugout club.
Exactly. I use both. Flash Seats for my Aggie football, baseball, and basket ball tickets that I can't use and there are no fees involved, plus simple to wire funds to my bank account. I am forced to use Stubhub for my Astro tickets. Just sold my Astro tickets to today's game and I had to pay Stubhub a 20% commission on that sale. Then they send that money into my Paypal account. Much prefer Flash Seats.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Show me where you are paying a 20% fee on SH to sell...

threeanout
AG
My bad...10% fee.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Main thing is the combined fee - simple economics at play - end of the day the buyer has x amount he is willing to spend, doesn't matter that much who pays what fees.

Flash had 23% buy fee and 0% sell fee if season ticket holder - 10% if not (23-33%).
threeanout
AG
The majority of the time I am on the sell side of the equation. The seats I sell are premium seats, and my buyer is someone who doesn't take the "I have x dollars to spend" approach, rather he has chosen to go to this game, wants good seats, and will pay the current secondary market rate. Same on the sell side of the equation.....tickets are priced accordingly based on current market pricing.....so it is essentially more of supply/demand economics.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Right. But you can mark your tickets up 10% from your old price and that person will still buy them. Same net payout to you.
FearNoWeevil
AG
Contract with Levy (like its fellow Compass subsidiary, SSC, for building maintenance and custodial) is the Chancellor's baby...it ain't going anywhere.
TempleAg97
AG
Love Flash Seats. Hate when we mess with something that is not broken. Let's mess with Levy.
HoustonAg2106
AG
It's official...stub hub
BQ_90
AG
25% fee on those tickets boys
Aggie09Derek
AG
Buyer had 23% and sellers had 10% (when not a season ticket holder) on Flash - 23-33%. A&M will be able to get much more data and be able to market itself much better with new agreement and net fees are cheaper.
BQ_90
AG
I never had a fee charged to me as a seller on flash seats, ever
Aggie09Derek
AG
Net fees are all that matters...

You raising your prices x% and buyer still pays ~same.
Tex100
AG
Won't they pay more? It is 10% of the increased price.
BQ_90
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Net fees are all that matters...

You raising your prices x% and buyer still pays ~same.
so then why charge me at all, just have stubhub raise the fees on the buyer. since it's not a big deal right

This is charging more fees to people and giving sellers less options.

This notion that stubhub is wider market is fine for football, but people all over the country aren't interested in my Tuesday baseball tickets to UTSA.

And we'll see if it's as easy to transfer as they say.
twk
AG
My real question is how the digital tickets will work. I've bought tickets on StubHub, and sometimes they are digital, sometimes it's PDF, and sometimes it's paper tickets. I assume that we will have some type of digital platform to handle the digital tickets, but I don't know how that will work. I guess that's what Paciolan wil do?
ensign_beedrill
AG
It's already hard enough to sell Tuesday tickets. Who's gonna' want to buy them when there are more fees?
htxag09
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

It's already hard enough to sell Tuesday tickets. Who's gonna' want to buy them when there are more fees?

The fees are pretty much the same, just distributed between the buyer and seller vs just the buyer. But continue the bashing.
BQ_90
AG
More fees isn't bashing, its the truth.

Also the premium thread said something about $5 transaction fee. Is that true?
htxag09
AG
Sorry, you're right. If you're a season ticket holder fees are going from 23% to 25%. However, non season ticket holder fees are going from 33% down to 25%. Overall, net smaller fees.
BQ_90
AG
htxag09 said:

Sorry, you're right. If you're a season ticket holder fees are going from 23% to 25%. However, non season ticket holder fees are going from 33% down to 25%. Overall, net smaller fees.
So this system benefits scalpers and hurts season tickets holders

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.