Request to anyone that has a kid participating in an Aggie Baseball camp

2,389 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Capitol Ag
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been on a quest to find a size 7 black baseball cap like the Ags wore the last few seasons (the Sunday "sweep" cap). Unfortunately they only sell the flex fit version in retail. This week and throughout the summer, Aggie Baseball is having camps for kids. In the past, a few on here have mentioned that it was possible to purchase items at the camps for adults as well as kids. Specifically, some mentioned that they were able to get the fitted and sized black baseball cap the team wore in 2017 at the camps last summer. I'd love to know if they may have some this year as well. I am in Galveston this week but could stop by on the way back to McKinney if I knew they were selling the hats again. Or arrange another way to get 1 or 2. I am normally a size 7 (7 1/8 possibly could work too-I've got a small noggin). So if you happen to be dropping your child off at the camp and check out any items they are selling, I'd love to know if they have the hats. TIA for any help.
75Strat
AG
My kid is going next week. Check in Monday. I can look for you.
Capitol Ag
AG
Thank you! I appreciate it.
HECUBUS
AG
Mine went in as a primary pitcher and RC spent some time coaching him. He gave him one humorous tip that helped his velocity and I'm sure he will remember for the rest of his life. Good times. His friends didn't have as great of an experience, but that's baseball.
Capitol Ag
AG
HECUBUS said:

Mine went in as a primary pitcher and RC spent some time coaching him. He gave him one humorous tip that helped his velocity and I'm sure he will remember for the rest of his life. Good times. His friends didn't have as great of an experience, but that's baseball.
Which was?
HECUBUS
AG
Coach told the story of one pitcher that he took a marker and put two large letters inside his glove. The idea was to get the pitcher to reach out his glove towards the batter so the batter could see the two letters when he opened his glove. This helped the pitcher to remember the tweak to his pitching motion and get more rotation in his shoulders. Our son was thirteen so the letters FU cracked him up, he thought it should have been FY. He didn't do that very long, but he did learn and keep the extra shoulder rotation.
Capitol Ag
AG
HECUBUS said:

Coach told the story of one pitcher that he took a marker and put two large letters inside his glove. The idea was to get the pitcher to reach out his glove towards the batter so the batter could see the two letters when he opened his glove. This helped the pitcher to remember the tweak to his pitching motion and get more rotation in his shoulders. Our son was thirteen so the letters FU cracked him up, he thought it should have been FY. He didn't do that very long, but he did learn and keep the extra shoulder rotation.
Thanks for the story. Sounded like good advice!
75Strat
AG
They had fitted caps in black but nothing that small. Only flex fit. Don't know if they will get any more.
ensign_beedrill
AG
75Strat said:

They had fitted caps in black but nothing that small. Only flex fit. Don't know if they will get any more.
How small did they go?
75Strat
AG
Saw a player get the last 7 1/8. I assume they had 7 1/4 and up. They brought out a stack but only had 1 7 1/8 and nothing smaller.
Capitol Ag
AG
7 1/8 may work honestly. Fitted caps are always a crap shoot. How much were they? Hell, I'd PayPal the money if someone could snag a 7 1/8 or a 7 obviously. I can pick it up in 3 weeks at the Texags Tailgate as I'll be in College Station that weekend, July 27. Or I can cover shipping. I just want that cap. Really annoyed adi never made the sized version available to retail.

We were vacationing in Galveston last week and I almost tried to talk to wife into going back through College Station on the way back to Dallas but decided to just have a fun day in Houston. Oh well.

I'll keep watching eBay.
Capitol Ag
AG
75Strat said:

Saw a player get the last 7 1/8. I assume they had 7 1/4 and up. They brought out a stack but only had 1 7 1/8 and nothing smaller.
and thank you 75Strat for checking.
75Strat
AG
I think the caps (and most of the t-shirts and shorts) were around $20 each.
Capitol Ag
AG
75Strat said:

I think the caps (and most of the t-shirts and shorts) were around $20 each.
Good prices. I figured that since this is the baseball team, they'd not try to gouge us. Once my boy is old enough, we will have to do the camp. He's 2 and likes his T ball set. So we will see, lol.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.