I feel bad for Arkansas

5,922 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sharpdressedman
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton Ag said:

75AG said:

Bill Brunson? Stupid spell check, right?

Yeah spell check that's it.
NM. I see what you did there. But I got to Google Bill Brunson. He was a center for the 1927 Mississippi A&M Aggies.
Aggieangler93
AG
Just like when the Auburn kid lost the fly ball off his glove in the Supers, this one also made me think of Nelson Cruz. As a lifelong Rangers fan, I still think of it, and the home run off of Jose Canseco's head....and shake mine....SADLY!!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Frank Grimes
AG
Belton Ag said:

Muy said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Shaddy and company have the history of what could have been in the 2018 CWS. They will relive that foul ball for the rest of their lives. Wow that is some heavy duty burden.

Chris Warren called, he said "I didn't call timeout".
Chris Warren's fateful timeout. Ball goes through Bill Brunson's legs in game 6. Leon Lee fumbles into the endzone.

We'll never forget those famous sports screw ups.
When Dom Capers missed an interception that would have sealed an Aggie victory over UCLA.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I feel bad for Arky.
That was a gut wrenching loss, that will forever haunt the program. They'll never get that close again, and save the entertainment aspect of fans following the team, and watching games, they should probably close the program.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
MMantle
AG
It's a non-issue if they swing the bats, just a little bit.

They only scored 7 runs in 3 games, how many of those were actually driven in by a base-hit?

i.e., most were gift runs, HBP, walk, wild pitch and / or error.

Did lead-off man Cole ever get a base hit in 3-game series?

Early in game 3, bases loaded, 3 and 4-hole hitters up, both whiff, big situation.

They are an offensive-minded team, not so in CWS.

RR

twk
AG
MMantle said:

It's a non-issue if they swing the bats, just a little bit.

They only scored 7 runs in 3 games, how many of those were actually driven in by a base-hit?

i.e., most were gift runs, HBP, walk, wild pitch and / or error.

Did lead-off man Cole ever get a base hit in 3-game series?

Early in game 3, bases loaded, 3 and 4-hole hitters up, both whiff, big situation.

They are an offensive-minded team, not so in CWS.

RR

Absolutely right. Arkansas would have been very fortunate to steal that one--they really did not impress at the plate, looking nothing like the team that scored a bunch of runs in SEC play. It's a credit to Arkansas's pitching that they were in position to win it, because they sure didn't do much to earn it at the plate.
sharpdressedman
Little sympathy is shown for the Arkie pitcher whose life was also altered by the "Arkansas Triangle" fail. He let his legacy go down the drain quickly thereafter.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.