I feel bad for Arkansas

5,923 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sharpdressedman
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not really. Gig'em!
Artimus Gordon
Van horn just received the jo Evans award for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
TxAg76
AG

Too bad for pigs.
Defenders of alleged child molester get trophy.

Messed up.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Shaddy and company have the history of what could have been in the 2018 CWS. They will relive that foul ball for the rest of their lives. Wow that is some heavy duty burden.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Agsncws
AG
**** Arky
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Muy
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Shaddy and company have the history of what could have been in the 2018 CWS. They will relive that foul ball for the rest of their lives. Wow that is some heavy duty burden.

Chris Webber called, he said "I didn't call timeout".
TxAg76
AG
Muy said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Chris Warren called, he said "I didn't call timeout".

Webber?
Belton Ag
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Hey didja know Shaddy's dad played with Van Horn and he was lightly recruited in High school until Van Horn offered him a spot on the roster? I hadn't heard that 150 times this week.
Muy
AG
TxAg76 said:

Muy said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Webber?

Yes, dammit.
Mark Fairchild
AG
No matter how you feel about Arky, you have to feel for the young man. That is something that will always follow him, and something he will always carry inside.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Belton Ag
AG
Muy said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Chris Warren's fateful timeout. Ball goes through Bill Brunson's legs in game 6. Leon Lee fumbles into the endzone.

We'll never forget those famous sports screw ups.
Aggies2009
AG
Belton Ag said:

Muy said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Chris Warren's fateful timeout. Ball goes through Bill Brunson's legs in game 6. Leon Lee fumbles into the endzone.

Steve Berman interfering with Moises Alto on a foul ball for the Cubs in 2003
Blindside05
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Muy said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Nelson Crow missed fly ball in right
Goro Majima
AG
As much as I like Jo as a coach overall, I thought this was pretty funny.
sharpdressedman
Mark Fairchild said:

Yep. Shaddy will be "that guy" forever at Arky. He is a glaring example of the downside to playing on a national stage in a championship game and committing a colossal mistake. "Heavy duty burden" is accurate, and I'm sure it extends to his loved ones as well.
HTownAg98
TxAg76 said:

Too bad for pigs.
Defenders of alleged child molester get trophy.

Messed up.

You can drop the alleged. He was convicted.
Little Rock Ag
AG

It seems like yesterday to this old Ag.
UTExan
PAC 12- Conference of Champions-well except when USuC represents.'
94chem
The RF didn't take charge. Am I missing something?
HogsSmellGood
I think Shaddy will shrug it off. That play didn't lose the game. It just didn't win it. Hogs were still up by one. With the crowd noise there was likely no communication between the three players trying to make one of the toughest plays in Baseball.
W
AG
baseball can be a cruel, cruel game
Ag12thman
AG
I don't like Arkansas much either, but I do feel bad for them. That was just a brutal way to bow out. I feel sorry for the 3 foul ball fielders for sure.
MidTnAg
AG
HogsSmellGood said:

I think Shaddy will shrug it off. That play didn't lose the game. It just didn't win it. Hogs were still up by one. With the crowd noise there was likely no communication between the three players trying to make one of the toughest plays in Baseball.
Crowd noise had nothing to do with lack of communicating b/t the players.
Right Fielder Eric Cole did NOT call for the ball as he should have.
No matter how you try to spin it, his bad decision cost Arkansas a Championship Ring.
Even if a player has to run to catch a foul ball, that is definitely NOT one of the toughest plays in baseball.
sunchaser
AG
It's the RF's call. I'm not sure if he knew he could get to it....Shaddy knew he could get to it and called them off. Very evident in the 1st baseman's reaction.
HogsSmellGood
If you don't think this is a tough play to make you either never played or you played but watched every game from the bench.
hsjnlssmith89
AG
Belton Ag said:

Muy said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Ray Finkle's missed field goal in the Superbowl! What a memory.
TMartin

No doubt shaddy will become a verb.
jkag89
W said:

baseball can be a cruel, cruel game
Baseball breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart - Bart Giamatti

On the other hand it is also the game that brings me the most joy so it is worth the broken hearts. As an Aggie and Astro fan I've suffered through some wrenching postseason losses but do not know how I would react to either team losing a World Series in such an manner as the Piggies.
Chester
MidTnAg said:

HogsSmellGood said:

Crowd noise had nothing to do with lack of communicating b/t the players.
Right Fielder Eric Cole did NOT call for the ball as he should have.
No matter how you try to spin it, his bad decision cost Arkansas a Championship Ring.
Even if a player has to run to catch a foul ball, that is definitely NOT one of the toughest plays in baseball.

Remember this. Without those three players Arkansas probably isn't even in the CWS.
Eagle2020
AG
The ump's strike zone last night was BS. That would have been a totally different game if Arkansas wasn't forced to swing at bad pitches. The home plate ump made a conscious decision to be a part of the game. Total BS.
Reno Hightower
^ yet another situation 'robo-ump' woulda been a better option.
75AG
AG
Bill Brunson? Stupid spell check, right?
Belton Ag
AG
75AG said:

Bill Brunson? Stupid spell check, right?

Yeah spell check that's it.
Faustus
Blindside05 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Belton Ag said:

Muy said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Nelson Crow missed fly ball in right
PJ Tucker, still dribbling.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Belton Ag said:

Mark Fairchild said:

Hey didja know Shaddy's dad played with Van Horn and he was lightly recruited in High school until Van Horn offered him a spot on the roster? I hadn't heard that 150 times this week.
Question:

Does Shaddy have a father and did he play baseball?

I supposed Shaddy was one of the most highly recruited high school baseball players...aimirite?

Will the national 8 2/3 inning championship trophy be on display at Baum next year?

TIA
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.