Kilkenny to get TJ before starting pro career

2,353 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bondag
Cjmclean17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kilkenny is getting Tommy John before joining the Rockies. Settled for below slot 550k bonus today because the physical showed he needed surgery
Aggiehunt
AG
I wonder if that had anything to do with his decline towards the end of the season
94chem
Wow. Like getting wisdom teeth pulled these days. Except that TJ is serious.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Aggiehunt said:

I wonder if that had anything to do with his decline towards the end of the season

Makes you wonder why he was even out there.
KT 90
AG
Ouch, sorry to hear that. But at least TJ surgery is something that you can recover from and be as good as previous once you have fully rehabbed. Hopefully he was still able to get a nice signing bonus.
Cjmclean17
AG
KT 90 said:

Ouch, sorry to hear that. But at least TJ surgery is something that you can recover from and be as good as previous once you have fully rehabbed. Hopefully he was still able to get a nice signing bonus.
His slot was 787k and he received 550k. So looks like the surgery costs him 237k
Aggies2009
AG
More and more pitchers get TJ surgery early on in their careers now. There was an SI article about it a few years ago. He'll be fine.
12thMan9
AG
Aggies2009 said:

More and more pitchers get TJ surgery early on in their careers now. There was an SI article about it a few years ago. He'll be fine.
1 in 5 have a 2nd & 1 in 4 have shoulder surgery, according to an American Sports Medicine Institute study.

Ronnie '88
Sean98
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

Aggiehunt said:

Makes you wonder why he was even out there.
You can be A-OK to pitch and still have a physical that shows damage that is likely to cause an issues at some point in the future. My guess is this is more like the Rockies finding something that would be a problem in 2 years and just deciding to fix it now.
TMartin
Did Childress know Kilkenny had a bad arm and rolled him out anyway or did Kilkenny know he needed surgery and kept it to himself? Please don't tell me nobody knew there was some kind of problem.
LOYAL AG
AG
TMartin said:

Did Childress know Kilkenny had a bad arm and rolled him out anyway or did Kilkenny know he needed surgery and kept it to himself? Please don't tell me nobody knew there was some kind of problem.
The third option is the most likely. Nobody knew and the physical revealed a deteriorating ligament that hadn't torn yet.
Hop
Staff
AG
His arm was hurting near the end of the season. Coaches were not informed at the time.
MMantle
AG
So, he had arm problems, and kept them to himself?

RR
MAROON
AG
they knew his arm was sore, they obviously did not know he needed TJ.
MMantle
AG
If that's the case, all the more reason to have started Lacy against Texas.

RR
Bondag
AG
Childress needs to get an MRI machine in the dugout so he can examine pitchers between innings.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.