Money whip the Texas Tech coach

9,815 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggies2009
fireinthehole
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's been to Omaha three of the last five years.
You are the world, we are the USA, don't mess with us and we won't blow your $hit away.
Aggie95
AG
he's a tech alumn...not happening.
dixichkn
AG
Yeah he's going nowhere. Like the thought, but perish the thought.
PhatMack19
AG
A Tech buddy that played for them keeps telling me Tadlock is going to Mississippi State for $2mil per. I think I would rather him stay at Tech, but that's a big raise from $700k.
fireinthehole
Give him 2.5 to us. We can outbid the dogs
You are the world, we are the USA, don't mess with us and we won't blow your $hit away.
El Agglos
It seems highly likely Mississippi State may keep their current interim coach seeing as how he has done an okay job and all.
Gap
AG
I think a couple of the highest paid NCAA baseball coaches are Kevin O'Sullivan at Florida at $1.25M and Jim Schlossnagle at TCU a a little over $1.1M. Feel free to update if anyone has better info.
wareagle044
Was Childress fired? What did I miss?
PhatMack19
AG
El Agglos said:

It seems highly likely Mississippi State may keep their current interim coach seeing as how he has done an okay job and all.
He hasn't gotten the job yet. Word is that Miss State's AD wants to make a splash hire with their new stadium.
dixichkn
AG
Yeah well let's see em win it all or even make the finals and then try to justify NOT keeping him
fireinthehole
Three out of the last five years going to Omaha is impressive, and he has won a game or more. At Texss Tech. Childress can't sniff that record. Go hire this guy.
Serious Lee
i sincerely wish that anybody that uses the term 'money whip' be stripped of their manhood
EllisCoAg
AG
Take their Basketball coach while we are at it
96ags
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

i sincerely wish that anybody that uses the term 'money whip' be stripped of their manhood
I just assume anyone that uses that phrase wouldn't be able to "money whip" anything even in the produce aisle.
45-70Ag
AG
If he leaves Tech, i don't think it would be for a program in Texas.

Being a Tech alum, the odds can't be great he leaves any time soon.
jja79
AG
No. We're not serious about baseball.
jkag89
Two wins so far for tech in their three trips to Omaha. Both against Florida (eliminated the Gators in 2016).
Mike Elko
AG
jkag89 said:

Two wins so far for tech in their three trips to Omaha. Both against Florida (eliminated the Gators in 2016).
That's a fun fact if I ever saw one. Hopefully UF/Arky find a way to win their next game.
peace
S
The term 'money whip' sounds like something that originated in sipville. I had the same thought as soon as I saw the thread title.....money whip, do not like. Too arrogant!
Gramercy Riffs
AG
geno said:

Take their Basketball coach while we are at it
He's not leaving (unless something ridiculous comes along) either. Tech is his dream job.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
ugh
Gramercy Riffs
AG
dp
Gramercy Riffs
AG
tp!
LOYAL AG
AG
jja79 said:

AND this thread has now gone from ridiculous to absurd.

You can argue we can do better than Childress but we aren't exactly a bad program, we're just not as good as we think we can be. We're stuck at "good" which is no way suggests we don't take the sport seriously.
jja79
AG
Disagree. Our coach has the greatest job ever. Based on the interview with Gabe last week he's failed at his job and yet he's got the fan base saying don't make a move.
_lefraud_
AG
LOYAL AG said:

jja79 said:

You can argue we can do better than Childress but we aren't exactly a bad program, we're just not as good as we think we can be. We're stuck at "good" which is no way suggests we don't take the sport seriously.
Sounds like the football program.
LOYAL AG
AG
jja79 said:

Disagree. Our coach has the greatest job ever. Based on the interview with Gabe last week he's failed at his job and yet he's got the fan base saying don't make a move.

You're either incredibly naive or intentionally obtuse. Every coach in America says the goal is to win the championship so 296 of them will fail this year. Should they all be fired?

I've been extremely clear on this. I'm ready for a change. But the rhetoric around how good or bad Childress has performed over his tenure is just over-the-top stupid. You'd think he's not had an unprecedented run of post season appearances at A&M. I think he's plateaued which is why I'm ready for a change but I can still acknowledge that he's done a good job. It's just not good enough, IMO. If you can't acknowledge that fact that is a reflection on you, not him.
LOYAL AG
AG
_lefraud_ said:

LOYAL AG said:

jja79 said:

Sounds like the football program.
I agree. There are a lot of similarities between Sumlin and Childress. Both were consistently good but rarely great and never able to position themselves to win it all despite teams that appeared capable.
MSU/SECALUM
PhatMack19 said:

A Tech buddy that played for them keeps telling me Tadlock is going to Mississippi State for $2mil per. I think I would rather him stay at Tech, but that's a big raise from $700k.
I don't buy it. Tadlock isn't leaving Tech but since he's been mentioned for the job he'll get a nice raise and probably a commitment from the AD for facility improvements.

Cohen our AD is a former player and coach he left Kentucky to come back to coach at State. He's from Tuscaloosa, his parents are law school professors there, everyone in his family is an attorney except him. He is also Jewish by the way.

Cohen as a coach got us to the CWS in 2013 so he knows how hard it is. Gary Henderson was his hire as our pitching coach and he stepped up and took over as the interim coach after the Italian Stallion(Andy Cannizaro was forced to resign). How many coaches could have done what Henderson has done this year keeping this team focused and they have improved as the season went on and now we're in the CWS and maybe we stay in the winners bracket if we get by UNC tonight?

Cohen has gone after coaches at TCU, Louisville & ECU and has come up empty handed so at this point I would prefer that we keep Henderson for what he has accomplished including just being named Coach of the Year. We have nothing to lose by keeping Henderson he knows our culture. I wonder if Henderson would take the job at this point he's a hot commodity and others may show interest in him. Has Cohen overplayed his hand...we'll see.
Captain Pablo
AG
MSU/SECALUM said:

PhatMack19 said:

I don't buy it. Tadlock isn't leaving Tech but since he's been mentioned for the job he'll get a nice raise and probably a commitment from the AD for facility improvements.

Cohen our AD is a former player and coach he left Kentucky to come back to coach at State. He's from Tuscaloosa, his parents are law school professors there, everyone in his family is an attorney except him. He is also Jewish by the way.

Cohen as a coach got us to the CWS in 2013 so he knows how hard it is. Gary Henderson was his hire as our pitching coach and he stepped up and took over as the interim coach after the Italian Stallion(Andy Cannizaro was forced to resign). How many coaches could have done what Henderson has done this year keeping this team focused and they have improved as the season went on and now we're in the CWS and maybe we stay in the winners bracket if we get by UNC tonight?

Cohen has gone after coaches at TCU, Louisville & ECU and has come up empty handed so at this point I would prefer that we keep Henderson for what he has accomplished including just being named Coach of the Year. We have nothing to lose by keeping Henderson he knows our culture. I wonder if Henderson would take the job at this point he's a hot commodity and others may show interest in him. Has Cohen overplayed his hand...we'll see.

You're not stating something we don't already know

In fact, a lot of people find it borderline insane that Henderson hasn't been given the job already
jja79
AG
Most of those 296 don't have the resources. No reason to expect more from RC.
_lefraud_
AG
Henderson wasn't very good at UK, especially after Cohen's guys were gone. Maybe he's learned from his first head coaching stint, but I'd imagine State fans are leary about it. I think Cohen wants/needs to make a big time splash hire to not give his buddy the full time gig.
zagman
AG
Sometimes it's not how good you are but who you don't have to play during the season.
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Sananag
One day we may be a more attractive job than ITT Tech. How did this happen.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Gigemrunrs said:

One day we may be a more attractive job than ITT Tech. How did this happen.

We are a more attractive job, Tadlock is just an alum of Tech
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.