Are we making a coaching change.

12,004 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 4ZORRO
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And I may be full of ***** Get involved and change things.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cevans_40
AG
dermdoc said:

And I may be full of ***** Get involved and change things.

Not saying you are. Just really curious what NCAA rules it involves as I can't seem to find didlee.
TexasRebel
AG
Wait... we can't drink in Olsen?
dermdoc
AG
TexasRebel said:

Wait... we can't drink in Olsen?

Of course not. And it is Dollar Bill's fault.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
cevans_40 said:

dermdoc said:

And I personally agre with you guys but you just can not do it. The only thing I get upset about is when Ags blame the 12th Man Foundation or AD. It is not their fault

I am not blaming anyone except for $Bill for dicking it up in the 1st place. There has to be ways around the NCAA and their overreaching rules.
From my knowledge the NCAA just "encourages" how the outfield is handled but of course they are in control of regional and super site selections. From my understanding, it is more of a legal liability, fire code, etc. type issues. I do not think you will ever see anything like Aggie Alley and/or the Left Field Lounge at Miss State again.
And there are a ton of prominent Miss State baseball fans who are livid about it.

And of course, the AD and university do not like not having control of situations involving grill fires and alcohol. And they made no money on food or booze.
twk
AG
NCAA rules prohibit free viewing areas--thus, there was no Aggie Alley for post season play even before they started charging for spaces.
ColoradoMooseHerd
twk said:

NCAA rules prohibit "UNTICKETED" viewing areas--thus, there was no Aggie Alley for post season play even before they started charging for spaces.
FIFY
Everyone must have a ticket, it can be free. But must have ticket.
Agnzona
So instead of a free area , why not a park like setting with built in BBQ grills and a grass burm seating for $5 general admission?
dermdoc
AG
Not enough room behind the fences. And a lot of folks have complained about sitting in the grass.
Captain Pablo
AG
Sounds like outfield seating is a no-go due to the RR tracks and rec center

So I hope they scrap the berms, which suck, and extend the first deck with real concrete grandstands, conforming to the existing first deck if possible

If not both berms, perhaps one side or the other
dermdoc
AG
No there is room for outfield seating. Just not grassy areas with grills, picnic tables, and whatever. In fact, some of the plans have ideas similar to what Miss State did with outdoor "boxes" with areas for a personal grill. Some of you guys should really get involved. Y'all have good ideas.

And I think the first base berm will stay and the third base berm will be replaced by seats. Remember, Miss States redo has berms.
Agnzona
Then do a small outfield box seat with concesions and bathroom underneath them and turn one of the burm areas to a family BBQ/picnic table area?
dermdoc
AG
Agnzona said:

Then do a small outfield box seat with concesions and bathroom underneath them and turn one of the burm areas to a family BBQ/picnic table area?

It is a good idea but I can not visualize how it would work out with the space we have. Unless you went behind the concourse on the right field side above the berm. Sight lines would be non existent and you would have to take over some of the parking area.

And edited to add that I was just talking about a picnic grassy area.
twk
AG
Agnzona said:

Check out the images and discussion on this thread:

BBP Renovation Survey
dermdoc
AG
Thanks Tom.
Agnzona
Looks cool.
4ZORRO
AG
Agnzona said:

We should do that 9 out of every 10 years.
No one does that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.