Keeli Milligan and Sam Show leaving?

18,474 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Belton Ag
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sucks to seem them go. What is going on here?????

BanderaAg956
Hummm, I wonder!!!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
LOYAL AG
AG
Interesting. I went to the 12thMan.com site to see what class they were and they're already removed.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
The epic meltdown in Florida? Lack of leadership at the top?
Sandman98
AG
csag97 said:

Two flukey booted balls is indicative of the state of the program? Why do you even follow baseball and softball?
WestHillsAg
AG
Marginally productive
tk for tu juan
During the season ticket seat selection event, I overheard people taking about two players transferring, but they did not say who. Didn't figure it would be these two.
Basketball and Chain
AG
AginCircleC said:

Marginally productive

Interesting comment. Mainly because I think it's inaccurate.
cevans_40
AG
Basketball and Chain said:

AginCircleC said:

Marginally productive

Milligan lost playing time to Fortenberry late in the year and Trinity and Peyton seemed to do the majority of the pitching.
CactusThomas
AG
Very disappointing news. Sam was fun to watch on the mound and at the plate.
HiddenAg2
Sandman98 said:

csag97 said:

Two flukey booted balls is indicative of the state of the program? Why do you even follow baseball and softball?
One booted ball might be a fluke, but 2 in a row? I think that's probably a trend line of costly errors that lost A&M the game. It was a pretty epic meltdown even by A&M standards. 2 playable ground balls and the subsequent walks with 1 out to go is pretty tough to argue isn't a meltdown. I don't think Show and Milligan are leaving because of it, but the program does have some real questions going forward.
Sandman98
AG
Dude. Plays like those are isolated incidents in sports. The runner screened the SS on one of them. She flinched. What she wasn't doing was thinking about how bad the culture is in the locker room or what kind of drama surrounds the team. It's sports man. Plays like that stand on their own. Fans try to make everything bigger than it is because I guess it's more fun that way, but it's all complete nonsense.
_mpaul
AG
I'm an Evans fan for the most part, but there's a reason we are perennially on the cusp of greatness, yet never great. There's a reason why the same coaches over and over have their teams at the top of the polls. There's a reason why Auburn can be a great softball team only years after Myers shows up from ASU.

Better coaching the mental side of the game, and attention to detail. I can remember a similar booted ball a few years back, late in the game, against ASU that I think cost us a WCWS appearance.
Basketball and Chain
AG
cevans_40 said:

Basketball and Chain said:

AginCircleC said:

Marginally productive

Milligan lost playing time to Fortenberry late in the year and Trinity and Peyton seemed to do the majority of the pitching.

Show did more than pitch. She was one of our best hitters in SEC play.
DogCompany74
AG
Jo Evans is no different than an entire generation of A&M coaches who have been allowed to chalk up appearances in postseason as " successful" seasons.

While the softball facilities are just now state of the art , I can only assume that Coach Evans has been using Davis Field as a recruiting tool for all 2019 and beyond . If in fact she can not recruit top tier talent with Davis Field and her 20+ year tenure here then maybe her failure to get to OKC and to win championships is the reason she can't get the best here.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
Sandman98
AG
Are your donations and membership in the 12th man foundation worth all of the stress? You seem like you're being held in captivity. I'm guessing you're an old Ag who makes better decisions in his professional life. Have you tried golf?
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Better coaching the mental side of the game, and attention to detail. I can remember a similar booted ball a few years back, late in the game, against ASU that I think cost us a WCWS appearance.
That incident against ASU was a case of runner interference that wasn't called. The runner on 2nd hit her glove with her foot as she ran by.

In any case, it didn't cost the Ags a trip to the WCWS, as it was game one. Nobody can be certain what would have happened in game three (the Ags lost game two) and putting it all on that player is really unfair.
DogCompany74
AG
LOL...you make a great point about the unnecessary stress.

How about 18? But you will have to give me two "Stress Mulligans" a side.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
DogCompany74 said:

Jo Evans is no different than an entire generation of A&M coaches who have been allowed to chalk up appearances in postseason as " successful" seasons.

While the softball facilities are just now state of the art , I can only assume that Coach Evans has been using Davis Field as a recruiting tool for all 2019 and beyond . If in fact she can not recruit top tier talent with Davis Field and her 20+ year tenure here then maybe her failure to get to OKC and to win championships is the reason she can't get the best here.

The main problem with Evans is that her recruiting classes look great until the MLB draft destroys them.
I already have a dog
AG
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious said:

DogCompany74 said:

The main problem with Evans is that her recruiting classes look great until the MLB draft destroys them.

If our softball recruits are being drafted by Major League Baseball we are truly burying the lead.
Belton Ag
AG
This transfer thing with Show kind of caught me off guard but makes total sense if you've been watching the team this year. I know absolutely nothing of the rumors of work ethic, but I know Sam personally after meeting her through the program and she is a great kid. She's been great with my 2 young daughters; she's really good about remembering faces of fans and she's really gracious, even going out of her way come up and talk to you. We're going to miss that and I certainly wish her the best.
Rambotx
It will be interesting to see if they are offered and then join another DIV 1 Softball Program. Looks like SEC teams are not in the mix.
jvanbeek
AG
Seeing how well represented the SEC was in the tournament, there are not that many successful options options if they do not get to choose from SEC teams.

This was certainly a big surprise to me. I had been kind of surprised not to see Sam pitching much lately. I thought we could have used some substitutes in pitching in the tournament and I expected to see her.
coloradoag69
AG
Milligan just didn't hit this year. As her struggles continued, her playing time virtually vanished at the end.

Something just happened with Sam's pitching this year. She went from a staff mainstay to an unused pitcher. She was our designated hitter occasionally and was solid in that role. What happened to her pitching was never really disclosed, but her numbers this year weren't good. I'm not sure she pitched at all in the last third of the season.

I suspect this was a case of Kerri wanting to play everyday and Sam wanting to pitch regularly, and Coach Evans not making them any promises. While both young ladies were apparently outstanding people, you have to make team decisions.

Good luck to them both.
Mark Fairchild
AG
I believe that Milligan's hitting struggles were rooted in the new rule for slappers. I watched several games in key AB's that she was called out for being out of the box when making contact with the ball. It really seemed that she was having a difficult time adjusting. Just my thoughts.
She also made some base running mistakes that were not typical for her. I really hate that she won't be in an AGGIE uniform because she has been the spark plug and player that really jump started the team. Wish she and Sam the best of luck in the future, and thank them for all they have done for the Maroon and White.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
sharpdressedman
The inconsistency that plagued the team's performance this year was a mystery to me. Maybe it resulted from initial expectations being too high, insufficient talent, issues in the clubhouse, just plain bad luck, coaching mistakes, etc. I don't know the answer(s), but the players, coaches, and parents probably do, and I'm fine with them not commenting on the situation.

Maybe the Gainesville SR nightmare was a tipping point for the two girls who are leaving if discontent was already brewing. I wish them well, but I don't understand breaking the bond they developed with their teammates over multiple years, walking away from Aggieland and their history there, and being remembered for quitting the team. I guess it's a generational disconnect for me.

IMO the upside to the season was the girls' always playing very hard and never giving up. Like I have done for decades, I'll hope for a better year next year and support the team, win or lose. Having a wonderful facility is a new and great advantage, and I am confident it will pay large dividends for a long time.

See y'all at Davis Diamond next season!

Artimus Gordon
Something is not right in the softball program if these two are transferring this late in their careers. Putting jo Evans in Davis diamond is like jay Leno buying a pinto and housing it his garage collectible cars. It is not going to cure any ills of her being a mediocre coach who can't seem to hire any decent assistants to put her over the top. Same situation with RC in baseball who has a penchant for hiring assistants who are his old cronies from his Nebraska days.
CactusThomas
AG
sharpdressedman said:

IMO the upside to the season was the girls' always playing very hard and never giving up. Like I have done for decades, I'll hope for a better year next year and support the team, win or lose. Having a wonderful facility is a new and great advantage, and I am confident it will pay large dividends for a long time.

See y'all at Davis Diamond next season!

Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

It is not going to cure any ills of her being a mediocre coach who can't seem to hire any decent assistants to put her over the top.
Look, I'm not going to say that Jo is on par with Walton or Gasso, but Evans is far from "mediocre." If you want to have more credibility on this board you should probably choose better descriptors. Jo has been to the WCWS four times with two different programs, and while that's not among the elite of the elite, it's certainly far better than mediocre.

We see this time and time again on these forums. The verbiage is ratcheted to the extreme, to the point where it becomes demagogic. It's perfectly fine to think Jo doesn't perform well enough for our expectations; I'd tend to agree with that. It's another thing to spew ignorance.

Edit: I'd also like to add that she did go out and hire Glasco, who was one of the top assistants in the country, but ultimately lost him to Auburn because we didn't want to pay him after tying up millions luring Jimbo here.
_mpaul
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

It is not going to cure any ills of her being a mediocre coach who can't seem to hire any decent assistants to put her over the top.
Look, I'm not going to say that Jo is on par with Walton or Gasso, but Evans is far from "mediocre." If you want to have more credibility on this board you should probably choose better descriptors. Jo has been to the WCWS four times with two different programs, and while that's not among the elite of the elite, it's certainly far better than mediocre.
Totally agree. And her programs have been a lot closer to where we want our teams than the Big 3, while playing in a very tough league. In my mind, she's about as close to being "elite" as you can be without being elite. Hopefully the new field helps her get over that hump.
Picadillo
It's always something...
cevans_40
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

We see this time and time again on these forums. The verbiage is ratcheted to the extreme, to the point where it becomes demagogic. It's perfectly fine to think Jo doesn't perform well enough for our expectations; I'd tend to agree with that. It's another thing to spew ignorance.

Edit: I'd also like to add that she did go out and hire Glasco, who was one of the top assistants in the country, but ultimately lost him to Auburn because we didn't want to pay him after tying up millions luring Jimbo here.

While this is true there are many on this board that have a hard time dealing with the truth. I said last season that Jo should get 2-3 years with the new park to build a powerhouse. I stand by that claim and feel she at least deserves that.
Aggies2009
AG
cevans_40 said:

Belton Ag said:

Quote:

While this is true there are many on this board that have a hard time dealing with the truth. I said last season that Jo should get 2-3 years with the new park to build a powerhouse. I stand by that claim and feel she at least deserves that.
I'll take that into consideration Thanks.
Ags76
AG
cevans_40
AG
Aggies2009 said:

cevans_40 said:

Belton Ag said:

Quote:

I'll take that into consideration Thanks.

Jo has been hampered in recruiting due to our facilities for the last 10 years. Especially since we joined the SEC. She now has all the tools in place and hopefully she can capitalize. I don't see the 2 transfers as a big deal. Show struggled with her control this season and it cost her innings. You would hope she would be aware of her struggles and just get to work but not everyone is wire that way. Milligan struggled with hitting and defense this season and lost her spot to a younger player. I think the team should be able to fill in for their leaving just fine. All that said, I have to believe that Jo needs to keep things rolling and it should be supers or bust the next few seasons.

Aggies2009, I would give anything to talk to you face to face.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.