Latest field of 64 projection: Aggies to t.u. regional

7,525 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by VegasAg86
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yea, 5 of top 10 RPI schools are SEC; 6 of top 11. 3 of those are right at .500 in conference. That's going to **** with the host conversation something serious.

There was a thread at the beginning of the season about the RPI compression this year in the SEC and we're definitely seeing it.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Sean98 said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

What does that have to do with sip hosting a regional?
I know the spirit in which the comment was offered, but in reality it's also an accurate statement. Getting into the Top 20, or maybe even 24 might be enough given the lack of Texas regionals. ...of course this year there's likely to be a limited number of Texas teams in the field as well so maybe you don't need them.

Weird year host site wise... No Louisiana site, no Houston site, no D/FW site. Lots and lots throughout the Gulf/Lower Atlantic coast states as always. Maybe only 3 out west? Could be a lot of interesting travel for teams this year.

Edit: for example UCLA is hosting in D1s most recent projection at #31 RPI. (Take that projection for what it's worth)
Yes, my comment was very tongue in cheek and what you are saying is valid about it not being totally unreasonable for them to possibly host despite their RPI. Of course, since this thread started as them hosting a regional that we were being sent to, it really would be a screw job if that still happened if/when we finish with a Top 16 RPI and they are down somewhere in the 20's.
I guess all we can do is take care of business so that we don't get screwed.
W
AG
UCLA is up to RPI #25 and still in 1st place in the Pac-12.

3 of the Bruins' final 4 series are on the road including at Oregon State.

if they keep winning and stay in 1st place, they'll get into the 15 to 20 range and host

Mr.Ackar07
How dominant is the SEC in regards to RPI?

According to Boyd's needs report, #1 RPI Florida needs 1 more win to secure a Top 8 finish. #2 RPI Stanford needs 1 win to secure a Top 45 finish; Stanford still needs 8-10 wins to secure a Top 8 spot.
nortex97
AG
AgEng06 said:

According to the RPI Needs Report, Texas no longer has a way to reach the top 16.
You really can't use D1 baseball with respect to sip prospects in any respect. Kendall Rogers will always have them in his sites for a regional/super host, even if they win less than 20 games all year.

Their overall pitching is not good. K Clemons can't make them a contender.
AB2
AG
Did we really have a "what Kendall Rogers said in 2005" post on this thread?

He said that before Donald poked Stormy...crazy that you're using it to make a point abou someone in 2018.
SMM48
AG
Honestly. I liked the old turf at tu. Dirt cutouts.

None of this new tire rubber bs.
VegasAg86
AG
SteveMedina said:

Honestly. I liked the old turf at tu. Dirt cutouts.

None of this new tire rubber bs.

Turf where dirt is supposed to be is what really drives me crazy.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.