Mercer vs #1 Florida

2,977 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Luke The Drifter
Vepp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just an FYI:
Mercer : 6
#1 Florida: 4
Bottom of the 8th, 2 outs.
Vepp
Going to the top of the 9th, same score.
HoustonAg2106
AG
It happens
Aggie12B
AG
If Mercer holds on and wins, How much do you think their RPI will go up?
dermdoc
AG
Mercer won
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Vepp
Mercer wins, 6-4.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Aggie12B said:

10 spots...so far. Went from 100 to 90 with the win. Could climb more as the rest of Tuesday's results roll in.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
trouble
AG
They should be so embarrassed
Aggie12B
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Aggie12B said:

10 spots...so far. Went from 100 to 90 with the win. Could climb more as the rest of Tuesday's results roll in.

WOW, I thought it would be a bigger jump than that, since it was a roadd win vs #1
Luke The Drifter
AG
When you're already a top 100 team to start with, it's tough to make a big jump. If Mercer was at 218 or something like that, they likely would have jumped 25+ spots.

Believe it or not, this isn't a horrible loss for Florida. Mercer isn't a powerhouse, but it's not like they lost at home to #242 Northwestern or #186 New Orleans or lost 2 of 3 at #117 K-State (all things that D1Baseball-ranked #19 Texas has done.) Just sayin'...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Luke The Drifter
AG
Oh...and Florida's RPI took a huge hit from the loss. They went from #2 all the way to...#2.

No kidding.

TXAggie2011
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Oh...and Florida's RPI took a huge hit from the loss. They went from #2 all the way to...#2.

No kidding.
#4 Arkansas has losses to #190 Cal Poly, #106 San Diego, #107 USC, #108 Charlotte...

#5 North Carolina has losses to #102 UNCW, #141 Gardner-Webb...

#6 Oregon State has two losses to #209 Utah...

Do people think they should have dropped below #3 Texas Tech? This board would crap a brick.

Mercer is a good program who will finish with at least 38 wins for the 8th time in 9 years, and could be a top 100 RPI team for the 7th time in 8 years.

This loss is such a non-story.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Yea...I was trying to portray sarcasm toward all of the cliff jumpers on this board.
TXAggie2011
AG
That wasn't really aimed at you.
Aggie1205
AG
Fire the Gator coach!
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Yes fire him.... no way Florida should lose a game to a team like that
Aggie12B
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Yea...I was trying to portray sarcasm toward all of the cliff jumpers on this board.
Since I was the poster who asked how far Mercer's RPI would jump and then expressed surprise that it was only 10 spots (at that time), I assume I'm one of the so-called cliff jumpers you are talking about. Everybody always talks about RPI and it's importance. I'm not trolloing, I was just curious, that's all. I was not aware that Mercer was already a top 100 RPI team, or that they have a history of being a top 100 RPI team.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Aggie12B said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Since I was the poster who asked bow far Mercer's RPI would jump and then expressed surprise that it was only 10 spots (at that time), I assume I'm one of the so-called cliff jumpers you are talking about. Everybody always talks about RPI and it's importance. I'm not trolloing, I was just curious, that's all. I was not aware that Mercer was already a top 100 RPI team, or that they have a history of being a top 100 RPI team.

Nope, not directed at anyone specifically, just a general shot across the bow at those who would have lost their minds had we lost to Mercer.
Beau Holder
AG
Member that one guy who said this team would not be successful because it lost to UTA?

I member.
Luke The Drifter
AG
NM
Luke The Drifter
AG
DDP
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.