Calm Down

3,491 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggies2009
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think that 7 game winning streak brought back a lot of fans that had left after we started 3-7 in SEC play. Everyone needs to calm down, everything that we want to accomplish for this season is still in front of us. 6 of our 11 losses were against teams in the top 12 in RPI, which is why we are still number 15 in the RPI...this was literally the first "bad weekend" of the season.
Captain Pablo
AG
OK Kevin Bacon in Animal House
HoustonAg2106
AG
Captain Pablo said:

OK Kevin Bacon in Animal House
All is well!
powerbelly
AG
I think that people are allowed a minor freakout after losing a very winnable road series. Especially when we are so close to the historical line on being a regional host.

BoerneGator
AG
powerbelly said:

I think that people are allowed a minor freakout after losing a very winnable road series. Especially when we are so close to the historical line on being a regional host.

Yeah, and the rest of us should be allowed to b/tch about it.

Whining/complaining about losses serve NO other purpose than to present the whiner as "more concerned" or connected than others. It's a form of virtue signaling as far as I'm concerned.
ConLaw
AG
Huh? This is a sports forum, where people celebrate wins and complain about losses. Surely you understand that.
TexAg91
AG
powerbelly said:

Or the fact that we only have 2.5 reliable pitchers right now, the returning senior pitchers have been non-factors, our closer is being overworked, we lack OF defenders and have very inconsistent sticks outside of 3-4 players.

But we somehow remain 1 game out of first with some tough tasks ahead of us.
TXAggie2011
AG
If the "complainers" are virtue signaling, then I have to wonder what the good fan police are doing...?
Captain Pablo
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

If the "complainers" are virtue signaling, then I have to wonder what the good fan police are doing...?

That's actual virtue signaling
HoustonAg2106
AG
TexAg91 said:

powerbelly said:

Or the fact that we only have 2.5 reliable pitchers right now, the returning senior pitchers have been non-factors, our closer is being overworked, we lack OF defenders and have very inconsistent sticks outside of 3-4 players.

But we somehow remain 1 game out of first with some tough tasks ahead of us.

The fact that we are one game out of first and complaining is what I find unreasonable...if we finish under .500 in the SEC and lose on the road in a regional then I understand calling this season a failure, but we aren't there yet
TempleAg97
AG
There is absolutely no reason to "freak out" but there is reason for concern. It's going to be fascinating to see if Coach Childress pushes all his cards to the middle of the table with Chafin, Sherrod, and Janca based on last year. It looks like the answer may be yes.

We could easily still miss a regional or easily still make a magical CWS run. Hang on boys, it's going to be a bumpy ride!
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
TempleAg97 said:

There is absolutely no reason to "freak out" but there is reason for concern. It's going to be fascinating to see if Coach Childress pushes all his cards to the middle of the table with Chafin, Sherrod, and Janca based on last year. It looks like the answer may be yes.

We could easily still miss a regional or easily still make a magical CWS run. Hang on boys, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

This team will not miss a regional
tjack16
AG
Before the season I predicted us to finish as a 2-seed in a regional, being just on the outside looking in of hosting. Around #20 final regular season ranking

I feel as if that is the way this season is going. We need to win or sweep the Miss State and SC series, then avoid getting swept against UF and Arkansas.
TempleAg97
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

TempleAg97 said:

It's funny out of all that I wrote, you pulled that one little part out, not the CWS part or the other analysis.

Missing a regional is HIGHLY unlikely at this point, but not too far from reality. Get swept by a juggernaut Florida team and then start doing the math on conference record. Again, it's highly unlikely but possible.

On the flip side, with one reliable reliever who already seems worn out, a run to the CWS seems just as unlikely but if just Chafin and Sherrod became Chafin and Sherrod Version 2017, the Ags might just be in Omaha again.

If you think all possibilities (National seed, host, missing all together, CWS) are not still a reality, you are kidding yourself.
TempleAg97
AG
tjholley17 said:

Before the season I predicted us to finish as a 2-seed in a regional, being just on the outside looking in of hosting. Around #20 final regular season ranking

I feel as if that is the way this season is going. We need to win or sweep the Miss State and SC series, then avoid getting swept against UF and Arkansas.

This might not be all bad for the Ags CWS chances. However, it would suck for me not getting to spend the weekend in College Station for regional weekend! Ha.
AgEng06
AG
Foxo
AG
ConLaw said:

Huh? This is a sports forum, where people celebrate wins and complain about losses. Surely you understand that.
Some only show up to whine. losses, coaches, players, broadcasters, TV reception, fans, bubbles, Life is too short.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Foxo said:

ConLaw said:

Some only show up to whine. losses, coaches, players, broadcasters, TV reception, fans, bubbles, Life is too short.
Which is why I suggested in my original post that a lot of the negative comments are from people who left earlier this season and came back only after our 7 game winning streak ended just to complain.
Aggies2009
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Foxo said:

ConLaw said:

Which is why I suggested in my original post that a lot of the negative comments are from people who left earlier this season and came back only after our 7 game winning streak ended just to complain.
This isn't anything new. The same faces show up year after year whenever the team falls into any sort of slump and disappear whenever the team is doing well. They do the same thing on the basketball board... Which was pretty humorous to see them all disappear when we beat UNC and then immediately return as soon as we lost against Michigan.

Life is too short for you and I, but for them, it's what drives them. Just add them to ignore and enjoy the sports for what they are... Without all the whining.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Foxo said:

ConLaw said:

This isn't anything new. The same faces show up year after year whenever the team falls into any sort of slump and disappear whenever the team is doing well. They do the same thing on the basketball board... Which was pretty humorous to see them all disappear when we beat UNC and then immediately return as soon as we lost against Michigan.

Life is too short for you and I, but for them, it's what drives them. Just add them to ignore and enjoy the sports for what they are... Without all the whining.

Couldn't have said it better myself
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
TempleAg97 said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

TempleAg97 said:

It's funny out of all that I wrote, you pulled that one little part out, not the CWS part or the other analysis.

Missing a regional is HIGHLY unlikely at this point, but not too far from reality. Get swept by a juggernaut Florida team and then start doing the math on conference record. Again, it's highly unlikely but possible.

On the flip side, with one reliable reliever who already seems worn out, a run to the CWS seems just as unlikely but if just Chafin and Sherrod became Chafin and Sherrod Version 2017, the Ags might just be in Omaha again.

If you think all possibilities (National seed, host, missing all together, CWS) are not still a reality, you are kidding yourself.

If we win only 4-5 games we are in... this team will not miss a regional I'd put money on it with 50-1 odds
W
AG
this season and this team are hard to get a handle on.

the overall record of 30-11 is great.

an RPI at #14 with a month to go in the season is wonderful.

the conference mark is 9-9. That's not bad. Not great either. But okay at this point.

the issue is the 4 losing weekends in conference play with UF and Arkansas still to go. That is poor and frankly underachieving when 2 or 3 (of the 6 teams played) will not be regional bound.

we'll see what happens next at State
HoustonAg2106
AG
schmellba99 said:

Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Foxo said:

ConLaw said:

And year after year the same talking heads on this forum justify the rather predictable record and performance with "that's what baseball do" type of comments.

It's a 2 way street, though that is hard for some to actually see.

If we had won just one of the games against Tennessee, and both games were very winnable, we would be tied for first in the West and there would be zero complaining on here from anyone. It's insane that one game makes the difference between people jumping off a cliff and saying this team isn't good enough.
Aggies2009
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

schmellba99 said:

Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Foxo said:

ConLaw said:

And year after year the same talking heads on this forum justify the rather predictable record and performance with "that's what baseball do" type of comments.

If we had won just one of the games against Tennessee, and both games were very winnable, we would be tied for first in the West and there would be zero complaining on here from anyone. It's insane that one game makes the difference between people jumping off a cliff and saying this team isn't good enough.
That's the thing... He's exactly one of those people I was talking about. He was absent for the ENTIRE baseball season until we lost to Tennessee on Sunday. Of course he'd take exception to my post.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

schmellba99 said:

Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Foxo said:

ConLaw said:

That's the thing... He's exactly one of those people I was talking about. He was absent for the ENTIRE baseball season until we lost to Tennessee on Sunday. Of course he'd take exception to my post.

Yea you right
TXAggie2011
AG
And the same people pretty much just show up to fight with and tell off all the "bad fans"; and pat each other on the back for good work.
Aggies2009
AG
Ah yes. The tu quoque fallacy that we can always expect from 2011. Awesome.
TXAggie2011
AG
Are you suggesting I'm wrong? Are you fruther suggesting I am a sound the alarms cliff jumper?
HoustonAg2106
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

And the same people pretty much just show up to fight with and tell off all the "bad fans"; and pat each other on the back for good work.
It's not about being a bad baseball fan, it's about not understanding baseball and that you shouldn't overreact to wins and losses week to week. In football I understand getting upset about losing to an inferior team because it drastically changes the outcome of the season, but it is so common in baseball and too many people want to fire the coach every time it happens. If you only looked at the comments on this forum over the past week you would think we are in last place and going to miss a regional, when in reality we are one game out of first in our division and in the top 15 in the RPI going into the last month of the season. Except for Florida, we are in just a good a spot as anyone in the conference right now.

But as pointed out before, I don't know why I waste my time explaining these concepts to brick walls.
Aggies2009
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Are you suggesting I'm wrong? Are you fruther suggesting I am a sound the alarms cliff jumper?
If you aren't wrong, show me one person who this season has <5 posts on the BB board outside of "calling out bad fans"? If you can, I'll gladly admit that you're right.

Cause that Schmelba guy legit has 1 post this season that isn't a whining post once the team's struggled.... Again, my problems aren't with people like The Debt or Amazing Moves for the most part. They're here just about every game.

I said nothing about you being a "sound the alarms cliff jumper".
Aggies2009
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

It's not about being a bad baseball fan, it's about not understanding baseball and that you shouldn't overreact to wins and losses week to week. In football I understand getting upset about losing to an inferior team because it drastically changes the outcome of the season, but it is so common in baseball and too many people want to fire the coach every time it happens. If you only looked at the comments on this forum over the past week you would think we are in last place and going to miss a regional, when in reality we are one game out of first in our division and in the top 15 in the RPI going into the last month of the season. Except for Florida, we are in just a good a spot as anyone in the conference right now.

But as pointed out before, I don't know why I waste my time explaining these concepts to brick walls.
I think you're mixing up cause and effect.

People don't want to Fire the Coach because we lose a game that we should win here and there.

People want to Fire the Coach regardless and they show up WHEN we lose those games because they suddenly feel like they have legs to stand on.
Captain Pablo
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Yeah, you should just quit posting
Captain Pablo
AG
Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

People don't want to Fire the Coach because we lose a game that we should win here and there.

People want to Fire the Coach regardless and they show up WHEN we lose those games because they suddenly feel like they have legs to stand on.
I resent that

I haven't wanted to fire Childress in over 3 years
Sean98
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Ah yes. The tu quoque fallacy that we can always expect from 2011. Awesome.

Instead of reading that as Latin, I immediately thought that school over in Austin.
Aggies2009
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

I resent that

I haven't wanted to fire Childress in over 3 years
Then I wasn't talking about you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.