Baseball Rankings - 4/23

2,196 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texags Meltdown
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baseball America: https://www.baseballamerica.com/rankings/college-baseball-top-25/

1. Florida
2. North Carolina St.
3. Stanford
4. Texas Tech
5. Ole Miss
6. Oregon State
7. East Carolina
8. Arkansas
9. UCLA
10. North Carolina

11. Vanderbilt
13. Kentucky
19. Texas
24. Georgia

A&M falls back out of the rankings
Mr.Ackar07
D1 Baseball: https://d1baseball.com/rankings/d1baseball-top-25-rankings-april-23/

1. Florida
2. Stanford
3. North Carolina St.
4. Texas Tech
5. Oregon State
6. Ole Miss
7. Arkansas
8. East Carolina
9. UCLA
10. North Carolina

14. Kentucky
17. Vanderbilt
19. Texas
22. Texas A&M

LSU and Georgia drop out of the rankings
Mr.Ackar07
https://d1baseball.com/chats/top-25-chat-april-23/

Quote:

Comment From Ag23

Rough week for my ags. What do they need to do to get back in the hosting discussion and I know it's a pipe dream at this point but what do they need to do to get a top 8 seed?
Quote:

Kendall Rogers:

AG23 The Aggies are still in the hosting discussion, but I'd probably have them out after losing a series to a below average Tennessee team. The good news for A&M is that it still has an RPI of 14 with remaining series against Arkansas, Florida (at home), Mississippi State and South Carolina (at home). I will say that A&M needs to win the MSU and South Carolina series and maybe upset Ark or UF in one of those other two series to secure a host site.
AgEng06
AG
Ouch. This weekend really put us behind the 8-ball (more so than our start to SEC play, IMO).
Sean98
AG
AgEng06 said:

Ouch. This weekend really put us behind the 8-ball (more so than our start to SEC play, IMO).
Chicken/Egg. If we hadn't had such a disastrous start we could have weathered a weekend like this.

This weekend, on the road, was a must-win situation if we had any hope of getting a National Seed. ...and it would have gone a long way towards securing host status for the Regionals. This was a very, very bad weekend for a number of reasons.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sean98 said:

AgEng06 said:

Chicken/Egg. If we hadn't had such a disastrous start we could have weathered a weekend like this.

This weekend, on the road, was a must-win situation if we had any hope of getting a National Seed. ...and it would have gone a long way towards securing host status for the Regionals. This was a very, very bad weekend for a number of reasons.

We can make up for it at Mississippi State, lose that series though and hosting is pretty much out of reach unless we win all three remaining series (unlikely given the competition)
W
AG
the sobering reality...with LSU fading and falling out of the top 50 RPI...

the Ags do not have a series win over a regional team
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, fair enough.
W
AG
one note about Georgia...the dawgs still have the #7 RPI in the country and a winning SEC record. Should still be in D1's top 25. UGA is going to host
Mr.Ackar07
According to the RPI needs report, the Ags needed 11 wins to remain in the Top 16 RPI before the Tennessee series started.

The remaining games are:

3 @ MSU
3 vs Florida
3 @ Arkansas
3 vs USCe
1 vs ACU
1 vs TAMPV
1 vs SHSU

So the Ags need 10 wins in the remaining 15 games.

The 3 for sure wins are: ACU, TAMPV, and SHSU.

Realistically, they would then need 5 wins out of 6 games vs MSU and USCe. That would leave a game a piece to win at Arkansas and at Florida. Win 4 of 6 vs MSU & USCe and you would need to win 2 games against either Arkansas or Florida.
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

the sobering reality...with LSU fading and falling out of the top 50 RPI...

the Ags do not have a series win over a regional team
LSU will make a regional.
W
AG
then the next best series win is against #68 Alabama or the Frisco classic weekend vs. #49/#50/#98
CapCityAg89
AG
Texas is now down to 33 after the home loss and moved up in both those rankings. Even D1 is losing me there.
OKCAGS
Everybody in the media wants tu to be good and "back" . Their ranking , based on their RPI is ridiculous. We are going to be fighting them for a second Texas host site ..... and if it is close ..... we will get screwed.
Sean98
AG
OKCAGS said:

Everybody in the media wants tu to be good and "back" . Their ranking , based on their RPI is ridiculous. We are going to be fighting them for a second Texas host site ..... and if it is close ..... we will get screwed.
I don't doubt the NCAA would like to have a 2nd Texas host site. I also don't doubt they'd rather have 2 Big12 hosts instead of 7 SEC hosts. But if someone chooses Texas over us to host we'll have no one to blame but ourselves... We can quickly point to 4-5 games (probably more) that we just blew.

And frankly I'd rather NOT be the 16 seed if that's what it comes down to.

That said, NCAA is such a slave to the RPI that I'll be a little surprised if they choose Austin if we finish similar to them.
Harry Stamper
Quote:

U sure about that?
Mr.Ackar07
Harry Stamper said:

Quote:

U sure about that?
I meant the 3 games the Ags for "sure" have to win, not sure as in guaranteed.
Texags Meltdown
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

https://d1baseball.com/chats/top-25-chat-april-23/

Quote:

Comment From Ag23

Rough week for my ags. What do they need to do to get back in the hosting discussion and I know it's a pipe dream at this point but what do they need to do to get a top 8 seed?
Quote:

Kendall Rogers:

AG23 The Aggies are still in the hosting discussion, but I'd probably have them out after losing a series to a below average Tennessee team. The good news for A&M is that it still has an RPI of 14 with remaining series against Arkansas, Florida (at home), Mississippi State and South Carolina (at home). I will say that A&M needs to win the MSU and South Carolina series and maybe upset Ark or UF in one of those other two series to secure a host site.

Hey that's my question!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.