Damn, lots of empty club seats at #5 Ole Miss against #19 Georgia also

3,401 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bufrilla
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What in the wild, wild, world of sports is going on?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
VegasAg86
AG
A real black eye for the program.
VegasAg86
AG
Uh oh, lots of empty seats behind home plate at Tennessee, too.
allenb
And still nobody has to fight for a 10" square of grass as they don't have mostly berm seating only for ga.
dermdoc
AG
allenb said:

And still nobody has to fight for a 10" square of grass as they don't have mostly berm seating only for ga.

Really? You ever been to Mississippi State?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
The problem with club seats is the prices are so high primarily they end up being owned by businesses who use them as perks or for business deals. Thus real fans, unless they are willing to shell out a good amount of cash, aren't in the prime seats.

Very frustrating. At least with football the club seats are not as good as far as where they are on the field and they are not nearly as visible.
dermdoc
AG
KidDoc said:

The problem with club seats is the prices are so high primarily they end up being owned by businesses who use them as perks or for business deals. Thus real fans, unless they are willing to shell out a good amount of cash, aren't in the prime seats.

Very frustrating. At least with football the club seats are not as good as far as where they are on the field and they are not nearly as visible.

Completely disagree. Suites yes. Club seats to my knowledge have very few or no corporate owners. And they are really not expensive, just have to give enough to be able to get them via priority points.
allenb
dermdoc said:

allenb said:

Really? You ever been to Mississippi State?

Are you referencing miss state or Georgia when referring to empty seats?
dermdoc
AG
I am referring what you mentioned about 10 inches on a berm. You ever been there?
Rocky Rider
AG
Tickets are cheap for those with plenty of cash. Buy 4 season tickets and attend a few games plus guaranteed regional tickets. Sweet deal. So what's your problem?
allenb
What is the capacity of Miss State stadium?
KidDoc
AG
dermdoc said:

KidDoc said:

Completely disagree. Suites yes. Club seats to my knowledge have very few or no corporate owners. And they are really not expensive, just have to give enough to be able to get them via priority points.
Good to hear!

Still annoying how empty they are most games.
aggiepaintrain
AG
club seats for baseball are about the same price as decent football season tickets, maybe less
FJB
dermdoc
AG
I want a ton of more seats. As long will people will actually pay for season tickets and not just for seats to games they want to attend at low prices. Hell, I want to do that. Everybody wants to do that.
dermdoc
AG
And 10 inches on a berm? I really dislike drama. Sorry.
allenb
dermdoc said:

I've stood entire games where flash seats was empty, yet there were still empty seats. What is the capacity for miss state where you had to go to the berm?
dermdoc
AG
allenb said:

dermdoc said:

I've stood entire games where flash seats was empty, yet there were still empty seats. What is the capacity for miss state where you had to go to the berm?

I had to when I was young but I do not have to now. Funny, I never beeched about it. And please tell me the exact games those were. As I said, I hate drama.
allenb
dermdoc said:

allenb said:

dermdoc said:

I had to when I was young but I do not have to now. Funny, I never beeched about it. And please tell me the exact games those were. As I said, I hate drama.
For someone who hates drama, you create a lot of troll posts like this one?
dermdoc
AG
Good point. Seriously what games have there been zero tickets on flash seats?
ordRV80
AG
As noted, the club seats at BBP are not that expensive (except for those 2 dugout boxes, which are crazy and completely corporate).
But, problem is, you can't get them. People that have them never give them up, and when the rare seat comes available, there is a long list of high priority point donors ready to snap them up.

A lot of those high PP Ags don't live in BCS, rarely make mid weeks and sometimes even big weekend series. And don't put the ticks on Flashseats when they can't make it because they aren't concerned w recouping the cost.

That is just the way it be!
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
dermdoc
AG
And you make a good point. Since they are not that expensive, like fb tickets, folks are not nearly as eager to recoup their investment. Hopefully, the new remodels will help. It will be interesting to see what will happen if the SEC allows beer sales stadium wide. Seems like that would lessen the demand for club seats and generate just more regular seats.
twk
AG
dermdoc said:

And you make a good point. Since they are not that expensive, like fb tickets, folks are not nearly as eager to recoup their investment. Hopefully, the new remodels will help. It will be interesting to see what will happen if the SEC allows beer sales stadium wide. Seems like that would lessen the demand for club seats and generate just more regular seats.

That's what I think would happen. I wonder, with the investment we have in club seats, would we go with venue-wide beer sales even if it were permitted? I don't see how they sell those outfield club seats if they do, but maybe the beer revenue would be more than the lost club seat revenue.
TXAggie2011
AG
Crybabies abound on both sides of this debate
HoustonAg2106
AG
Not this again
Capitol Ag
AG
I can see both sides of the issue here. But I also think that if you plan ahead, getting a seat isn't an issue. I LOVE to sit in GA near 203. I just know to get there at least an hour or really 1.5 hours. I get that seeing empty seats behind the plate could bother folks, but honestly, as Derm correctly points out, it isn't limited to A&M at all. Just a reality when dealing with modern college sports stadiums. To fund big projects for nicer facilities schools need to encourage bigger donors to buy seats so that more money is available. Bigger donors typically can't make every game. They do most times actually to work to be the big donors that they are. Plus many have younger families that limit attendance. It's not like they are all retired or something. They are men and women of all ages and probably live in multiple regions of TX so can't always make it in. But without them, no new BBP at Olsen. No Kyle either. Etc. The empty seats on TV just doesn't bother me that's much. I just want to be successful enough someday to afford seats like those. Once my kids are old enough, I could hit more games etc. I look forward to that time where I can have 4 seats that my family can enjoy or when they don't want to go, my friends can. Or I could sell or give away the extra tickets. I digress, but the point is, if you plan ahead, seats are available. I've never had issues outside of the Supers last year. And there I had to stand. But in that instance, I didn't do as much planning to get up to the GA area. If I had, I would of been there too.
dermdoc
AG
Blue star.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Why is it annoying?
TXAggie2011
AG
If someone opposes drama and doesn't like to beech, it seems unwise to make a dramatic thread about something you saw on TV to beech about an argument people have made in the past.
htxag09
AG
dermdoc said:

Also wondering this....
Aggie09Derek
AG
dermdoc said:

Bama Saturday at first pitch or maybe 5 minutes after.
dermdoc
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

dermdoc said:

With all due respect, if it is already first pitch or after it seems kind of like a moot point.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yeah was just giving a data point of a game where every listing sold.

Probably only a few listings 30 minutes before first pitch.
BQ_90
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

dermdoc said:

Parents weekend Saturday isn't a good representation of the availability of tickets on flash on typical weekend
Aggie09Derek
AG
BQ_90 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

dermdoc said:

Parents weekend Saturday isn't a good representation of the availability of tickets on flash on typical weekend

Oh I agree. there were still tons for sale even for that one leading up until day of. LSU had hundreds for sale for as cheap as $5. People want to complain about if tickets were posted more there would be more people etc. For 80% of games tickets can be bad for under face and there isn't a bad seat in Olsen. At some point they could give away free tickets and people still wouldn't show up. Money isn't the deciding factor for people to go to these games.
dermdoc
AG
And neither is availability.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.