Softball at LSU

7,778 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Serious Lee
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We move into a tie for 4th place with UT who just lost at Bama.
CactusThomas
AG
It's all so bunched up
cevans_40
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

for those that watch this team every game, what pitching rotation would you go with; and since i know its different than what we are trotting out there, what are the coaches thinking?

I honestly think they are just trying to find a hot arm. If Show could find the strike zone more consistently, she would be the Friday starter. As is it, I think Harrington has earned the spot with Lexi going Saturday. The problem arises when we need to go to a relief pitcher on Friday. It could throw everything off.
cevans_40
AG
The problem I have with slappers is when they are 1 dimensional. If Keeli is at bat with runners on 1st and 2nd, we are screwed unless the pitcher makes a terrible mistake and throws inside.
CactusThomas
AG
cevans_40 said:

The problem I have with slappers is when they are 1 dimensional. If Keeli is at bat with runners on 1st and 2nd, we are screwed unless the pitcher makes a terrible mistake and throws inside.

The best slappers are not one dimensional but to your point, that's why Milligan is in the leadoff spot. All about on base percentage. But yeah, when there are runners on base, slappers often set up the double play.
CactusThomas
AG
I agree with you about Sam. She should be dominating on Fridays. Need to find a way to get her back in a rhythm. I think she should keep getting starts but maybe on Sunday until she gets back to form.
Colt98
AG
It's hard being a one deminsional slapper in college. I don't think Milligan is one deminsional. If runners are on 1st and 2nd with less than two out she can bunt, soft slap, hard slap, or swing away. Anything to move runners and possible get on with an infield hit or cause a throwing error due to defender rushing throw. I think she has improved her long game since her fish year. When you have a team full of power and you're struggling against pitching, it's hard to score. When you have great speed kids you can score without a hit. Happens all the time. Now if a slapper can do both...... look out!
Serious Lee
ive watched about 20-25 innings all year and i agree, really wish i knew what the staff was thinking some of the time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.