Softball at LSU

7,764 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Serious Lee
mullokmotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kaitlyn, Riley and Kristen are batting a combined .164 in conference games, and I don't see that improving against LSU's pitching. But they have drawn a total of 24 walks in 15 SEC games. We have hit 22 batters in those games and our batters have been hit 9 times.
sharpdressedman
Time for them to "break out." BTHOlsu!
mullokmotx
AG
Another base running mistake with Keeli called for leaving first too soon.
BanderaAg956
Anyone thought about a hitting coach this year? Maybe Glasco was getting it done!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Got shut out
mullokmotx
AG
Lost 2-0, only sending 26 batters to the plate. Kaitlyn, Riley and Kristen were 0 for 7 with 2 walks. Only 2 balls hit out of the infield, both pop ups by Ashley. Had runners on second and third with no out in the 6th, and went ground up, pop up and pop up. Jo really needs to think about pinch hitting for Riley and Kristen in key situations.
sharpdressedman
Very disappointing loss. Trinity got no help. Hitting is the obvious problem; taking good strikes and swinging at balls. Not impressed with new hitting coach.
AGinSEC
That was the most frustrating game so far. It was too quick and too easy for LSU. Hoping we can get it done tomorrow and come out with some grit and bats. I hate that Trin had to take the L on that.

Has anyone heard anything behind the recent pitching line ups? Who should we see tomorrow?
phantomf15c
AG
Gerry may be the best softball hitting coach in the NCAA. He's certainly in the top 10. His intensity and tireless preparation is missing. GG will succeed at ULL and beyond...hated to see him leave our program.
ccf57arl
ccf57arl
Absolutely the worst game Aggie SB has played since my first game in OKC in 2007!!!
The entire team showed no emotion nor fire except Hudek, Milligan and Trinity Harrington.
I will mention no names except those who tried hard and wise through great effort but I am sure all
of you can "read between the lines.
We had no Senior Leadership with "clutch hitting", causing very poor production which gives runs & wins
Only Milligan and Hudek swung at strikes and took the balls between the letters and knees.
Leading up to this terrible game two Sec losses came from "bad management" giving our Fish experience
which resulted in home runs which beat us, a dropped fly ball in left field also causing a loss and the
uncontested atrocious call by the home plate umpire when Erica Russell was HBP.
Take away these four friggin' losses and we are tied with UF for first!!!!!

We must now do it right. Always swing at strikes, very frequently at the first one, even swing at balls
if they are around the plate edge, play good defense and please show some emotion and fire on the field
which wins should always bring.
mullokmotx
AG
Headline on ESPN College Sports page:

No. 5 Gators open series with win over No. 22 Aggies.

Junior Amanda Lorenz hits a home run and goes 4-for-4 to help lead Florida to an 8-3 victory over Mississippi State.

No wonder we loss. We were playing Florida the same time we were playing LSU!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Show hasn't pitched lately - any reason ? She is one of the few hitters doing ok !
mullokmotx
AG
I think that is 3 times in the last 5 games we have had a runner doubled off on a line drive.
cevans_40
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Show hasn't pitched lately - any reason ? She is one of the few hitters doing ok !

Because of issues like this
mullokmotx
AG
Sam walked a bunch of batters in the rain at MSU 2 weeks ago and had not pitched since.
mullokmotx
AG
Kelbi batting for Kristen tonight and strikes out.
mullokmotx
AG
Erica hit a ball to the outfield that the right fielder dropped in foul territory, but then struck out.
cevans_40
AG
Need to score some runs here.
mullokmotx
AG
LSU got 3 straight hits in the 3rd and scored a run to win the game. LSU runner tagged on a foul ball to Ashley at the screen and got thrown out 2-6-4 trying to return to first base.
Captn_Ag05
AG
11 innings against LSU so far, and 0 runs.
cevans_40
AG
mullokmotx said:

LSU got 3 straight hits in the 3rd and scored a run to win the game. LSU runner tagged on a foul ball to Ashley at the screen and got thrown out 2-6-4 trying to return to first base.

Game's over?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Down 3-0 now in the bottom of 5.

We look terrible on offense and pitching is not sharp. Not sure what is going on with this team.
mullokmotx
AG
As soon as LSU scored in the third the game was over. Our batters are totally outmatched against their pitchers. The only way we score is if the umpire calls every pitch a ball.
cevans_40
AG
3rd time through the lineup. It's now or never.
mullokmotx
AG
Coming into tonight, Auburn had a better ERA in league games than LSU. At least we play them at home.
cevans_40
AG
Terrible decision to send the runner there. Luckily it didn't cost us.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Getting interesting!
mullokmotx
AG
Jo sent Keeli home with no out at MSU and got lucky there, but I agree it was a bad decision.
mullokmotx
AG
I was thinking it was good base running by Kelbi to stay put on the ball hit to short.
mullokmotx
AG
Hit into 2 double plays with no outs and runner on second base.
mullokmotx
AG
That 7th inning improved our batting average for the 2 games to an impressive .184.
sharpdressedman
Another bad day at the office. **** happens. Need to avoid the sweep tomorrow.
BanderaAg956
Can anyone on this staff coach hitting? It sure doesn't look like it! These ladies have been hitters in the past and now they look lost and confused.
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
phantomf15c
AG
Probably best to bunt Russel with runners at 1st & 2nd, no outs in the 7th. She's a talented bunter and the LSU 3rd baseman has been error prone. Then you pinch hit Peyton for Keeli with 2 runners in scoring position. That would take the double play off and give two chances to tie it up with a hit. Hindsight is always 20/20 and sometimes it's 20/10.
mullokmotx
AG
I agree with having Erica sacrifice in the 7th. Riley got a hit and although none of Kaitlyn's hits left the infield at least they were hits. Jo started Trinity in game 3 last Sunday so we'll see who she goes with. We are 2-6 in road games which does not bode well if we don't finish good enough to host a regional.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.