Winner announced for best Section 203 memory!

3,407 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Shane Minks
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From TexAgs Exclusive Sponsor: The Warehouse at CC Creations

Congrats to bugle rank '87 - you're the winner! Here's his answer: Really loved Cookie Monster. Only opposing player that I've ever seen Aggie fans chant "transfer" for. Another fun one was an opposing pitcher with the last name of Massengil. Poor guy never had a chance with half the fans yelling "vinegar" and the other half yelling "water".
Just reply to suzanne@texags.com to claim your prize.

Section 203 has been called the BEST fan section in all of college baseball. 203 has had a hand in making Olsen Field a must-visit for baseball fans and a nerve-inducing visit for opponents. With the help from members of Section 203, we are now selling EXCLUSIVE Section 203 apparel.

Reply with your best Section 203 memory for a chance to win the design of your choice from this collection!

Continue to show the nation why Section 203 is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be!

#FreeBeefy

"The LARGEST selection of Aggie Merchandise ANYWHERE!"
The Night Ag Cometh
AG
The first baseball game I took my parents to I told them we HAD to sit in 203. That was also the season opener, so they weren't too thrilled at having to get their so early to get seats.

After the first inning, they were sold. Both were doing the Rifleman, heckling the pitcher, and loving every minute of it. They had the time of their lives that day and now won't even consider sitting in reserved seating.

Now, they watch/stream as many games as they can and turn their living room into their own personal 203.
aggiewilliford
Getting to take my son to the super regional against TCU and sit with him in the heart of 203. I got to tell him about all the traditions, we wore our cheap sunglasses during the 6th, and he got to do an epic ball 12 chant at a frog pitcher. He had the best time, and it doesn't get better than that. And added bonus, my mom and dad (class of '70) were also with us.
203 Family Style. Reminded me of when my mom and dad took me when I was a miniature Ag! Tradition and the Aggie Family are priceless! Thanks 203 and Olsen Magic!
BenFiasco14
AG
Heckling the pitchers, especially on Tuesday night games as a student. We really pissed off SFAs pitcher in 2013. That was great.
AggieBand2004
AG
Sitting in section 205
Capt. America
AG
HEY! I DESIGNED THOSE SHIRTS. BUY THEM ALL.

I'd say I've had a handful. Most definely walking off t.u. in 2016, Ball 12 + Grand Slam vs MSU last season, punching our ticket to the CWS last year, and from a heckling standpoint, the "Oversize Load" game vs SFA 2016.
Olsen15
AG
This. Game.

Absolute insanity. Such a great atmosphere

txjortsagent
AG
Byington.

The original Big John.
twk
AG
Before the big crowds came, it was a lot easier to be creative. I think it was Tech that came to Olsen in '88 that was striking out a ton, so we brought a bunch of hats that we tied on strings to throw over the rail for the first hat trick. Pissed off Tech's fat little girl friends that were sitting downstairs.
Jock 07
AG
NOT THE THIRD SWITCH!!!!!!!!
and sneaking in freebirds and whataburger to eat while watching BP
MROD92
txjortsagent said:

Byington.

The original Big John.

EOT, my fish year. And it was amazing
dixichkn
AG
"One Elvis, Two Elvis, woo woo wooooooo!"

Who was that sip? (Late 80's I think)

Edit.....nm I remember now. Brooks Kieschnick
8900aggie
AG
There are so many that it is not easy to name a top ten. One was the regional in which Monmouth and Long Beach came to College Station. Well, the PA could not be "biased" so there were no sound effects or anything of that nature. Well A&M was beating Monmouth out of New Jersy. At the end of the 8th, everyone stood up and started singing the War Hymn. Everyone of the bleached blonde, must have been a team bonding exercise, came out of the dugout and stood there in amazement watching everyone sing and saw off varsity's horns. The look on their face was beyond priceless. In the same series, A&M was slaughtering Long Beach in the first elimination game, it was so bad I can't remember the score, A&M was up like 22-5. Anyway, Long Beach had a chubby kid name Jamie. He was feast or famine, literally. I think he had like 4 hits all home runs and struck out every other at bat. Around the 7th inning, the chant "Let Jamie Pitch" started and it got louder and louder. It was so much fun. And the last one was Teagarden from t.u. He had a batting stance ritual, adjust both batting gloves, touch both shoulders, and wiggle the bat.By the end of the game, he had quit almost every ritual because the Raggies had frustrated him so by yelling out each step and then waving teabags! God bless the Raggies!
TexasRebel
AG
Aren't the marketing folks glad they dropped the alphabetic identifiers?

Section MLK just doesn't have the same ring to it.
trouble
AG
So many great memories. One of the best though:

I don't even remember who we were playing but one of their infielders was the twitchy routine type. Had to adjust his uniform shoulders, wipe off his pants, and then he'd bring his glove up and it looked like he was smelling it. Of course, folks like AggieBand2004, Wildmen03, and others noticed and started imitating him finishing each time with "smmmmmmmellllllll it".

What makes this a great memory is that it's the game that really got my oldest hooked on Aggie baseball.
AggieBand2004
AG
Mine were
- Wildmen03 and a certain opposing pitcher named Bo
- Razzing the tu girlfriends mercilessly, bringing up cleat chasing and their freshman 15
- "quit gerrymandering the strike zone!" to an ump and finding out later that he's also a government teacher
- the Chas (Crane) stache
trouble
AG
The stache was awesome. I might still have one of those around here.
DD88
AG
Back in the mid-80's we were playing Minnesota and their 1st baseman was having a tough game. This led to plenty of good-natured razzing. He was hitless on the day and was dubbed the O-fer Gopher. He acknowledged the crowd near the end of the game and was given a cheer.
TexasRebel
AG
The day it was all Shad's Fault.

I don't remember who we were playing... it'd be easy to figure out though because they had at least 4 errors. I think all 12 of us showed up in the stands that Saturday.

Well all 4 errors were charged to the Shortstop, Shad. With each error he got visibly more frustrated and we just piled on. After he gave up the lead and the Ags ended up victorious that day we didn't let up on Sunday either.

They finally pulled Shad on Sunday and stuck some rando in the 6 spot... that was the end of the errors.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Some of my favorite memories are the 203 roadtrips we took in 2008. Especially to TCU. There was a pretty big group that went and SawDawg got us all tickets. We ate at a BWW afterwards and some Tech folks asked us to sing the War Hymn because they were with someone who'd never seen it. Haha.
AggieBand2004
AG
TexasRebel said:

The day it was all Shad's Fault.

I don't remember who we were playing... it'd be easy to figure out though because they had at least 4 errors. I think all 12 of us showed up in the stands that Saturday.

Well all 4 errors were charged to the Shortstop, Shad. With each error he got visibly more frustrated and we just piled on. After he gave up the lead and the Ags ended up victorious that day we didn't let up on Sunday either.

They finally pulled Shad on Sunday and stuck some rando in the 6 spot... that was the end of the errors.
Ah, yes. One of the few times where I started feeling bad for an opponent
bugle rank '87
AG
Really loved Cookie Monster. Only opposing player that I've ever seen Aggie fans chant "transfer" for.
Another fun one was an opposing pitcher with the last name of Massengil. Poor guy never had a chance with half the fans yelling "vinegar" and the other half yelling "water".
We’ve never lost a halftime...
adk9595
AG
Granger's 21K performance was amazing!
Bernie13
89 vs Ark
1 Bubba 2 Bubba...then
1 Bubba's brother, 2 Bubba's brother
TexasRebel
AG
It's not really 203 per se, but when I found out Josh Stinson transferred over because of the Bullpen Bombers... it was a pretty cool day.
matt.maggio3
AG
heckling Darin Erstad so hard that he stopped coming out of the dugout to coach 1st base. In his defense, we were yelling out his mom's cell phone number.
Shane Minks
AG
Nobody going to mention Sawdog coming up to 203 and hanging out after bring tossed against OU on Parent's Weekend 2008??

I always thought that was hilarious.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.