RPI Needs Report *2018*

9,522 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieFrog
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
caleblyn said:

dermdoc said:

The problem with "rpi needs" in baseball or basketball is that there are way too many variables with this much season left. Other teams are playing and winning or losing also. I guess it is fun but it means nothing.

However, if we get 9 wins, I think top 8 is extremely deserving.

To his point, not if all the teams in front of us keep winning too
caleblyn
HoustonAg2106 said:

caleblyn said:

dermdoc said:

The problem with "rpi needs" in baseball or basketball is that there are way too many variables with this much season left. Other teams are playing and winning or losing also. I guess it is fun but it means nothing.

Actually, that was my point. If all teams win and we win 9, we deserve top 8.
dermdoc
AG
So baseball is now predictable? And to say it is not makes one dramatic? I am old.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HoustonAg2106
AG
caleblyn said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

caleblyn said:

dermdoc said:

If all 10 teams in front of us keep winning their games too they would also be deserving. I definitely think that if we win 9 of our 11 remaining games that we will be a national seed, but that's because I don't anticipate every team in front of us doing the same...but what if they do?
dermdoc
AG
caleblyn said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

caleblyn said:

dermdoc said:

But since that would mean we beat Florida or Arky, all teams in front of us can't win. And teams do not "deserve" anything. They have to earn it. Basically what rpi needs says that if we win it is good and if we lose it is not so good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HoustonAg2106
AG
dermdoc said:

caleblyn said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

caleblyn said:

dermdoc said:

But since that would mean we beat Florida or Arky, all teams in front of us can't win. And teams do not "deserve" anything. They have to earn it. Basically what rpi needs says that if we win it is good and if we lose it is not so good.

I read somewhere that Florida can lose their remaining SEC and be a national seed still as long as they don't get swept by any of them
dermdoc
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

caleblyn said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

caleblyn said:

dermdoc said:

I read somewhere that Florida can lose their remaining SEC and be a national seed still as long as they don't get swept by any of them
Maybe. But my point is nobody knows because there are other teams playing too.
Texam90
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

caleblyn said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

caleblyn said:

dermdoc said:

So let's sweep them
dermdoc
AG
Blue star.
HoustonAg2106
AG
dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

caleblyn said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

caleblyn said:

dermdoc said:

Maybe. But my point is nobody knows because there are other teams playing too.

Yea I agree, a lot of moving parts left
CapCityAg89
AG
stick93 said:

Dakota Mills is still at Sam. Odds are he will be on the bump against us.

AG
OP updated, need to win SHSU and at least 3 of our final 6 SEC matchups to really have a chance to host. 4 SEC wins would go a long way to getting that host spot though.

Texas A&M

Remaining: 4 home, 3 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 13
ROWP: 0.619

Top 45:

No more wins needed.

Top 32:

No more wins needed.

Top 16:

1 home wins, 3 road wins
2 home wins, 2 road wins
3 home wins, 1 road wins
4 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 8:

4 home wins, 2 road wins
Wicked Good Ag
If we could win two at Arkansas that would be great. They are really good at home however with their crowd support. Do we even think about moving Kolek to Friday and pitch Dox and Kilkenny Saturday and Sunday ?
I don't think so but lately they have been beatable on Sunday especially.
aeroag14
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

If we could win two at Arkansas that would be great. They are really good at home however with their crowd support. Do we even think about moving Kolek to Friday and pitch Dox and Kilkenny Saturday and Sunday ?
I don't think so but lately they have been beatable on Sunday especially.

For the first 4 or so conference weekends we went Kolek-dox-killer. Pitching killer as a Sunday starter was just plain unfair.
CapCityAg89
AG
I think we've found out that we have three Saturday starters. Our Friday guy (Kolek and now Killer, but likely Dox too) isn't a "lock down" starter. On Sunday, we've had better than everyone we've played.

Short answer: let's ride on current schedule as it doesn't likely matter. Just gotta hit.
TempleAg97
AG
Cap - That is extremely accurate. All three starters are VERY good, but not quite elite aces.

It will be interesting to see if the committee would give us a host at 15-15 if our RPI is well clear of 16 (12, 13, etc).

Also while extremely unlikely, 5-1 plus beating Sam would get us into the top 8 of RPI. That would sure be interesting as then we would likely win the West as well.

Going to be a crazy and fun couple weeks as always!
CapCityAg89
AG
TempleAg97 said:

Cap - That is extremely accurate. All three starters are VERY good, but not quite elite aces.

It will be interesting to see if the committee would give us a host at 15-15 if our RPI is well clear of 16 (12, 13, etc).

Also while extremely unlikely, 5-1 plus beating Sam would get us into the top 8 of RPI. That would sure be interesting as then we would likely win the West as well.

We'd deserve a SR if we pull that off. That would be:

Top 8 RPI
3 wins in the last 4 series
A sweep; two on the road (one against a top 5 team) and split with #1
Likely top 4 seed in the SEC

Would be a blast and it's nice to have it all out there in front of us, BUT, I'm still thinking

1-2 this week (although we catch Arkie at the right time)
3-1 next week (although we catch USC at the wrong time and Sam really needs this W)
4 wins in Hoover

14 seed hosting at Blue Bell matched against OSU (the western one).

And yes, I LOVE the end of the baseball season in the SEC. If we can keep errors under 1 per game, we will be in very good shape.
caleblyn
CapCityAg89 said:

TempleAg97 said:

We'd deserve a SR if we pull that off. That would be:

Top 8 RPI
3 wins in the last 4 series
A sweep; two on the road (one against a top 5 team) and split with #1
Likely top 4 seed in the SEC

Would be a blast and it's nice to have it all out there in front of us, BUT, I'm still thinking

1-2 this week (although we catch Arkie at the right time)
3-1 next week (although we catch USC at the wrong time and Sam really needs this W)
4 wins in Hoover

14 seed hosting at Blue Bell matched against OSU (the western one).

And yes, I LOVE the end of the baseball season in the SEC. If we can keep errors under 1 per game, we will be in very good shape.

Going 4-3 plus four wins in Hoover is close to top 8!
Mr.Ackar07
Just for fun:

• RPI #13 East Carolina is playing RPI #293 Norfolk State; that will drop them below the Aggies bumping us up to #14
  • RPI #16 UConn is playing RPI #252 Sacred Heart; that will drop them further behind the Aggies
  • RPI #17 NC State is playing RPI #162 James Madison in a 2-game match; a win will drop them 1 point in the RPI, a loss will drop them 62 points

The Aggies are currently tied with Minnesota, but Warren's system currently gives Minnesota the extra bump; both the Aggies and Minnesota are off this Tuesday.
CapCityAg89
AG
At that point, yes, but I thought it was regular season-end RPI that went into the nitty-gritty. No?
AggieFrog
AG
14th after the loss today.
AggieFrog
AG
15th now after Sunday's games.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.