SEC Midweek Games (4/17 -4/18)

4,903 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CapCityAg89
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SEC Standings

All Times Central - The Poll used is D1Baseball.com

Tuesday April 17th
Final: Chicago St. 3 - Mizzou 5 Box Score
Final: Jacksonville 8 - #1 Florida 4 Box Score
Final: #6 Kentucky 2 - Louisville 8 Box Score
Final: Tennessee 6 - East Tennessee St. 2 Box Score
Final: Alabama-Birmingham 2 - Auburn 12 Box Score
Final: #17 Clemson 1 - #23 Georgia 6 Box Score
Final: Presbyterian 7 -South Carolina 4 Box Score
Final: Samford 6 - Bama 0 Box Score
Final: Evansville 1 - #10 Vandy 6 Box Score
Final: Missouri St. 7 - #3 Arkansas 11 Box Score
Final: Texas St. 5 - #16 Fightin' Texas Aggies 7 Box Score

Wednesday April 18th
Final: Alcorn St. 0 - Bama 3 Box Score
Final: Arkansas St. 3 - #11 Ole Miss 10 Box Score
Final: #19 LSU 9 - Tulane 10 Box Score
Final: Mississippi St. 1 - Memphis 6 Box Score

Other Area Games
Tuesday April 17th

Final: #5 tech 20 - New Mexico 9 Box Score
Final: Abilene Christian 4 -TCU 2 (11) Box Score
Final: Dallas Baptist 2 - Texas-Arlington 7 Box Score
Final: Sam Houston St. 4 - Cougar High 9 Box Score
Final: Texas Southern 4 - Baylor 5 Box Score
Final: Texas-Rio Grande Valley 2 - #21 t.u. 13 (7) Box Score

Wednesday April 18th
Final: Arkansas-Pine Bluff 4 - Baylor 14 Box Score
Final: Cougar High 3 - Sam Houston St. 8 Box Score
Final: TCU 11 - Texas-Arlington 7 Box Score
Final: Texas Southern 2 - #21 t.u. 10 Box Score (Constellation Field - Sugar Land, TX)
Aggie12B
AG
THANKS FOR doing this thread every week, John!
McInnis
AG
Has anyone heard if the SEC office made a statement about the bad call in the first inning of Saturday's game? That call was so bad and two coaches were ejected so I have to believe that it's been reviewed.
zagman
AG
Who was the idiot umpire?
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
W
AG
it's getting near desperation time for #64 Sam Houston (25-11). The Southland is killing their chances for an at-large bid
Sean98
AG
Jeffrey Macias
HoustonAg2106
AG
Safe at Home said:

Has anyone heard if the SEC office made a statement about the bad call in the first inning of Saturday's game? That call was so bad and two coaches were ejected so I have to believe that it's been reviewed.

I doubt we'll hear anything more about it
CapCityAg89
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Safe at Home said:

I doubt we'll hear anything more about it

Agree. Rob will. We won't.
ja86
AG
umpire discipline is not discussed, though i hope we never see him umpiring an A&M series again...
GarryowenAg
AG
I missed that call. Can I get a recap of what transpired?
HoustonAg2106
AG
SpiDer09 said:

Foster was called for interference sliding into 2nd on a double play ball hit by Shewmake, they called Foster and Shewmake out automatically and Helman who was on 2nd and advanced to 3rd had to go back to 2nd...Foster slid directly into the bag so pretty bad call
twk
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

SpiDer09 said:

Foster was called for interference sliding into 2nd on a double play ball hit by Shewmake, they called Foster and Shewmake out automatically and Helman who was on 2nd and advanced to 3rd had to go back to 2nd...Foster slid directly into the bag so pretty bad call
Not only did Foster slide directly into the bag, but the second baseman had his foot in front of the bag, sort of making contact inevitable. Not faulting the guy, but just pointing out that it really left Foster with nowhere to go.
ProudAg16
AG
Final: Abilene Christian 4 -TCU 2 (11)
OKCAGS
TCU is in jeopardy of missing the tournament for the first time in many years . They were one of D1 baseballs last 5 in ( as of today ) and tonight's loss is an RPI Killer .
ProudAg16
AG
OKCAGS said:

TCU is in jeopardy of missing the tournament for the first time in many years . They were one of D1 baseballs last 5 in ( as of today ) and tonight's loss is an RPI Killer .
Just got worse for the Frogs

W
AG
oh my goodness...that's a horrible loss for TCU tonight (to ACU).

we are one step closer to regional apocalypse (i.e. t.u. to College Station)
dcowboy808
AG
My "little" cousin started for Abilene Christian at SS tonight. What a great win for the Cats over the woobirds
PhatMack19
AG
This is pretty cool even if it's tu. Congrats to the former walk on.

W
AG
I think the Ags broke Bama (21-17). The crimson free fall appears to be underway
W
AG
the horns should have an opportunity to have another player...play all 9 positions tomorrow night vs. Texas Southern
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

oh my goodness...that's a horrible loss for TCU tonight (to ACU).

we are one step closer to regional apocalypse (i.e. t.u. to College Station)

I can definitely see this happening
W
AG
under that scenario...the opening regional press conference of the #3 seed's manager could be very entertaining.

he would open with something like: "um, yeah we're here to play baseball...if anyone's noticed"
jkag89
OKCAGS said:

How quickly we forget, the Frogs last missed the tournament their first season in the BDF (2013). Of course their run under Schlossnagle has been rather remarkable so it is easy to forget the one season they miss the dance during his tenure.
dixichkn
AG
How often is techtard gonna put up 20 this year? How many times is that now?
jkag89
Other Tuesday Top 25 Scores
#4 North Carolina St. 8 - #15 North Carolina 0
Notre Dame 0 - #8 Indiana 3
#12 East Carolina 9 - #9 Duke 2
Cal-Irvine 8 - #13 UCLA 1
#14 Southern Miss 12 - Southeastern Louisiana 4
Stetson 0 - #17 Florida St. 4
W
AG
TCU is feeling the effect of playing in a better conference. If the Frogs were still in the Mountain West or WAC, they would still have a great shot of winning their league despite the injuries. In fact TCU is 5-0 vs. the Kansas schools in Big 12 play.

this is where the Frogs have diverted from the "Rice formula"
W
AG
and worth mentioning...what a terrible loss last night for UCLA (22-10) too.

sitting in 1st place in the Pac-12...and in the top 15 of most polls...but just #47 in RPI
Luke The Drifter
AG
Kind of an ugly Tuesday night for the SEC. Hopefully Wednesday will be better.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
W
AG
uh-oh, LSU (24-13) on the verge of another midweek loss. Trailing #116 Tulane 7-4 in the 7th.

someone locate the possum...
W
AG
the possum has reported for duty!

Tigers take an 8-7 lead in the 9th
TXAggie2011
AG
I think LSU may end up on the tournament bubble. Although its good for them that they've rallied.

They climbed into a more solid position with their sweep of Tennessee...but they've got some very difficult series coming up.
W
AG
wow, the green wave wash the possum out into the Gulf in the bottom of the 9th.

non-conference loss #8 on the season for the Tigers
twk
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

I think LSU may end up on the tournament bubble. Although its good for them that they've rallied.

They climbed into a more solid position with their sweep of Tennessee...but they've got some very difficult series coming up.
They are at 47 and would be on the bubble right now. I think that they will do enough to get off the bubble, but they've got a lot of work to do to get into the hosting discussion--right now, that looks unlikely. Things can change in a hurry, but if you are an LSU fan, it's not too early to be concerned, although I'd hold off on pushing the panic button just yet.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Has MSU mailed it in this season? I know they had the coaching turmoil but man...they have some bad losses.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
twk
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Has MSU mailed it in this season? I know they had the coaching turmoil but man...they have some bad losses.
Maybe, but they were incredibly thin in pitching last year, and still have problems in that area this year. Last year, everyone gave Cannizaro a lot of credit for piecing it together with very little in the way of pitching. It's hard to do that two years in a row--of course, if he'd been out recruiting instead of chasing another woman, maybe they wouldn't have that problem.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.