New Aggie dog low

2,322 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Debt
ordRV80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK, I am not one of the normal Levy bashers, but at the DH the Aggie dogs were complete trash!

Come on man! Were those hotdogs from the week old rack at HEB? Shriveled and dry. Looked like hotdog jerky.

What the heck?
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
75AG
AG
They were exceptionally ****ty yesterday. Even for Levy.
aggietoolman
AG
Probably left over from Tuesday $2hotdog night

BQ_90
AG
Last year I bought the wrap at a Tuesday game. It was clearly reheated from the weekend, the texture, color was definetly reheated.

So my guess is they where left overs from Tueaday.

I've seen them rebag popcorn in Reed which is already pre cooked.
Lance Uppercut
AG
When the park was first remodeled, they had a lot of vendors set up around the stadium that people liked. I haven't seen them in years, though I don't make as many games as I used to.

Was it determined the Levy contract or split with the university from profits is what drove them all away?
Lance Uppercut
AG
Quote:

I have seen the Reed Arena popcorn-in-trash bags storage closet. It's real.
BQ_90
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

When the park was first remodeled, they had a lot of vendors set up around the stadium that people liked. I haven't seen them in years, though I don't make as many games as I used to.

Was it determined the Levy contract or split with the university from profits is what drove them all away?
Some contracts where grandfathered in. Levy has ran about all of them off. Double Daves is the only one left

A vendor has to give money to levy, also I believe levy sets the price they can charge, i.e. They can't undercut levy food
BQ_90
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

Quote:

I have seen the Reed Arena popcorn-in-trash bags storage closet. It's real.

Year or so ago at Olsen, my buddy and I kept smelling what we thought was burning plastic. We realized it was the family in front of us with popcorn. They ate about three handfuls and the rest was left under the bleachers uneaten
bruno319
AG
Gotten bad Aggie dogs a couple times now. I've gotten where if I see them actually cooking some when I get to the concession stand, I'll ask for one of those and move to the side to wait. Otherwise, like yesterday, I just decided to get a corndog instead.
TXAGBQ76
AG
The fresh grilled hamburger stand on the third base side is $4.00 cheaper than the concession stand and tons better
75AG
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

The fresh grilled hamburger stand on the third base side is $4.00 cheaper than the concession stand and tons better
Did you see that line between games yesterday?
TXAG1977
AG
Get the corndogs! There very good.
BQ_90
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Fresh grilled rat meat isn't better than day old grilled rat meat
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep- which is why a waited for the second game to start before buying one- I was the only person in line. Tasted as good then as it would have if I had waited in the long line. Patience is a virtue!
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
aggietoolman said:

Probably left over from Tuesday $2hotdog night

Always, and I mean ALWAYS, wait until the conclusion of the 3rd inning to get hot dogs, that way they can get rid of all the left overs from the night before.

And they were actually good on Tuesday night which is shocking because most value dog nights in other ballparks are horrible.
Aggie
AG
Bring back Casa Ole

Tarbah
Rule of Thumb:
1. Eat somewhere before entering any sports venue
2. If hungry/thirsty, purchase sealed drinks & food (most times it's water and candy)
3. Eat somewhere after exiting the sports venue

That should cover your bases unless it ends up being a 21-inning game.

The "aggie dogs" is just plain awful with that overheated/stale tortilla wrap.
cypress-ag
AG
Why is it so tough to deliver high quality food at our games.? I know everyone talks about eating before the game and after etc but sometimes you want a hot dog and a drink and it's pathetic Levy pushes this garbage onto us and our board of regent don't give a damn about improving it.
The Debt
I would rather eat day old CFA sandwiches heated in a proofer than most of the menu at olsen.
JRB78
AG
You should be able to get a decent hot dog at a baseball game. Its part of the experience for me. In fact, its the only time I ever desire a hot dog.
TexAg91
AG
Aggie dog today was fresh and very hot. Tasted great. Pleasantly surprised (shocked, actually).
AgBQ80
AG
Wish Bombers baseball concessions could take over at Olsen...... they always have the best hotdogs. In fact everything I've had at their concessions has been outstanding!
The Debt
otni said:

You should be able to get a decent hot dog at a baseball game. Its part of the experience for me. In fact, its the only time I ever desire a hot dog.

That's not what you say on your cam feed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.