Mary Nutter Classic

3,364 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LatinAggie1997
VegasAg86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies beat Notre Dame 5-3 in their 1st game.

Show with the win.
CactusThomas
AG
Move to 10-0
TXAggie2011
AG
Good start, this tournament is the first big test of the season.
CactusThomas
AG
These games are not televised, correct?
Wooahhhh
AG
Website is FloSoftball, but it's ppv/12$ a month
Chomp214
AG
Radio 1550 in CS is horrible to listen to game. Now on the computer radio version, much better. Just needs some runs in the Neb game.
KBIT80
AG
What inning and score
KB 80'
rugger74
AG
Ags down 4-2.
Gap
AG
Our defense has been pretty suspect all season. Until this weekend, our schedule hasn't made that an issue. It will matter this weekend.
jdh321
6-2 end of 6.

Broadcast on Flo is horrible. Sometimes audio only, sometimes video only, sometimes neither.

What's up with Sartain. I just noticed Tori on 3rd and Payton on 1st. Injury?
jdh321
Aggies lost to Nebraska 6-3. Strike outs looking by both Russel and Show with 2 runners on to end it. Umpire extended the outside about 4 inches that last inning.
Chomp214
AG
Kinda glad I did not get to see the Neb game. From what I heard we had a )suspect pitching, b) suspect batting and c) not our usually good Aggie D. Over 40 or so games you are allowed a few "come aparts", let's hope we put this behind us
Belton Ag
AG
The Nebraska result isn't surprising at all. Even though they were undefeated, the team has played poor by their standards quite a bit so far this season. They've been behind in probably half the games and have struggled at the plate a lot and have committed tons of errors. Last Sunday's debacle against Butler was the worst showing since I've seen since I've been following Aggie softball.

They're capable of being elite and they haven't been all year so far. If they continue that, they won't win another game in this tournament. Let's hope they get it figured out quickly.
HiddenAg2
Starting to get concerned about the softball team. Fundamentals don't look good and the defense has been shaky at best. Starting pitching has been suspect as well as Show seems to have regressed from last year. Hope we can get it turned around soon.
Cardiac Saturday
Cardiac Saturday
AG
Oops, sorry about the above. I think the Ags play the Oregon Ducks this afternoon and that team has been hot; lost to ole Miss 1-0 but have won 9 others and really beat up some opponents. Kind of conflicted about the game - want the Ags to win of course but at the same time I want the Ducks to win which would make my Oregon Duck alum wife very happy.....
VegasAg86
AG
Aggies 3
Ducks 1
Final

Smith with the win.
Maximus Johnson
AG
Belton Ag said:

The Nebraska result isn't surprising at all. Even though they were undefeated, the team has played poor by their standards quite a bit so far this season. They've been behind in probably half the games and have struggled at the plate a lot and have committed tons of errors. Last Sunday's debacle against Butler was the worst showing since I've seen since I've been following Aggie softball.

They're capable of being elite and they haven't been all year so far. If they continue that, they won't win another game in this tournament. Let's hope they get it figured out quickly
Hand Of God
AG
Well, that's a pretty nice win after last night's disappointment.
Belton Ag
AG
Way to rebound. Great RPI win.
VegasAg86
AG
Bears 0
Aggies 4

After 5.

I was also at the '06 Holiday Bowl. Cal fans are as obnoxious as 'sip fans.
CactusThomas
AG
Makes sense, cal is who tu aspires to be.
VegasAg86
AG
Bears 1
Aggies 5

Final.

MacGrindle with the win.
Belton Ag
AG
Belton Ag said:

They're capable of being elite and they haven't been all year so far. If they continue that, they won't win another game in this tournament. Let's hope they get it figured out quickly.
So 13 hours after I posted this, the team seems to have rallied with 2 great wins today. Let's keep it rolling with tomorrow against Washington.

Love this team.
CactusThomas
AG
Lost one game and a couple of the wins were ugly. This team still has the potential to be great.
steiner85
AG
Belton Ag said:

such BAS, you guys need to get over it
Belton Ag
AG
steiner85 said:

Belton Ag said:

Nothing in my post had anything to do with BAS. Don't be so defensive.
steiner85
AG
Belton Ag said:

steiner85 said:

Belton Ag said:

Those statements (in bold) have BAS written all over it. Not defensive just realistic.
Belton Ag
AG
steiner85 said:

Belton Ag said:

steiner85 said:

Belton Ag said:

Those statements (in bold) have BAS written all over it. Not defensive just realistic.
Please. Have you never read any of my softball posts on this forum? You were honestly surprised we lost to Nebraska? You didn't think Sunday's game against Butler was a debacle? Jo Evans herself called the effort "laughable." Do you not agree with her?

As for the final bolded statement, you conveniently left out the qualifier. If you're going to call me out, at least be honest about it. I'll stand by the statement that IF THEY CONTINUED TO PLAY AS THEY DID AGAINST NEBRASKA they would lose the rest of the games in this tournament; games against the No. 5, 19 and 1 teams in the country.

You are being defensive. I'm trying to have some realistic conversation about softball, which is something that doesn't happen enough on this forum. We don't always have to constantly blow smoke up the girls' butts.
monarch
S
Don't wet your panties folks. To my count we have lost one game in this tournament; not a biggie.
Peace for Ukraine!
Aggies2009
AG
steiner85 said:

Belton Ag said:

steiner85 said:

Belton Ag said:

That WAS the guy spouting that "it'd be a very Aggie thing for us to lose to Texas" last year in our regional before we beat them on our way to the WCWS. Take that how you will.
Belton Ag
AG
monarch said:

Don't wet your panties folks. To my count we have lost one game in this tournament; not a biggie.
Yeah... I don't see anyone panicking on this thread.

Belton Ag
AG
Getting back on track...

Washington is going to be a mighty test for the Ags. They are 14-0 and have been killing their opponents, but they have yet to play a ranked squad this year and have mostly been beating up on mid majors. They did run rule Norte Dame yesterday who we beat Thursday. They also beat tu in Austin last week.

Their team ERA to this point is .45, while their batting average is .428 and they're fielding at a .979 clip.

The Ags have an opportunity to make a statement win and bank a serious RPI boost come tourney time.
CactusThomas
AG
Ags gonna be a good test for Washington
Belton Ag
AG
CactusThomas said:

Ags gonna be a good test for Washington
This is also true. They have yet to face a team with A&M's level of talent and coaching.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.