SEC Baseball Tournament

1,369 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by theagmax
theagmax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy All!

I'm thinking of making the trip to Hoover for the tournament in May. I was curious if anyone had some helpful tips, do's and don'ts, etc. that they felt like sharing? Places to stay, airports to fly into, must have eats, golf courses to play, all are welcome.

Thanks everyone, and BTHO Cornell!
12thmanfootball
AG
Hoover is a Crappy Venue............SEC should consider rotating the tournament around every year. Don't tell me they ain't got the money or there ain't great minor/major league parks that could host. I know several in Texas.

SEC FB Championship in Atlanta every year........favors Georgia
SEC Baseball Championship in Hoover every year........favors Auburn and Bama
HoustonAg2106
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Hoover is a Crappy Venue............SEC should consider rotating the tournament around every year. Don't tell me they ain't got the money or there ain't great minor/major league parks that could host. I know several in Texas.

SEC FB Championship in Atlanta every year........favors Georgia
SEC Baseball Championship in Hoover every year........favors Auburn and Bama

Probably depends on how long those contracts are in place for those venues
farmrag
I'm not so sure it favors Bama or Auburn. Bama didn't even make the tournament last year. While it would be nice to rotate is around the league it is what it is and the Op was asking about past experiences. My daughter and I really enjoyed our time in Hoover and made new friends. The Auburn fans were really friendly and went out of their way to say how nice they were treated in College Station and how they hated tu. We even spent time with Leanne South, very nice lady.
Leander - Ag
AG
They need to rotate it. No one wants to go to hover
zagman
AG
My wife and I have been to the SEC tourney in two of the last three years. We have had a great time especially in 2016 when we won it. Hoover and the Met is a beautiful location with lots of hotels and food places. The tourney atmosphere is friendly with lot of fans from each school. LSU usually has the most fans there but even their fans are friendly. There are always plenty of tickets and so you don't have to buy in advance. The top four teams receive a bye the first day while the rest play a one game must win to stay in the field. After the first day the tourney is a double elimination so you are guaranteed two game. We will be going this year again.
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
theagmax
AG
Thanks Zagman.

Did you guys fly into someplace nearby? Or drive in?
agswin84
AG
Fly into Birmingham
theagmax
AG
Thanks Agswin!
dermdoc
AG
The Hyatt Winfrey is a good spot. It has a Shula's steakhouse and is connected to a nice mall. The top four seeded teams stay there I believe. The Embassy Suites is nice also. Firebird's is another good restaurant.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
The best golf course is a Robert Trent Jones Course at Ross Bridge. There is a Renaissance resort hotel on the course which is pricey but nice.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MSFC Aggie
AG
There's a Whataburger south of Hoover off of I-65 on Cahaba Valley Road
dermdoc
AG
I remember that Whataburger. And it's a little drive but Homewood has a good Italian joint called Giancano(spelling?).
zagman
AG
theagmax, The Zs always drive.
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
bobsterxxx
AG
And don't forget, there is a new waffle house near the ball park!
theagmax
AG
Y'all are awesome! Thanks guys.

I'm looking forward to the trip, and was thinking of flying SW out of Hobby. It's a hike from the house, but fares look less expensive than United.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.