Weekend Rotation

1,947 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggies2009
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No changes

https://twitter.com/AggieBaseball/status/966382281899245573/photo/1
HoustonAg2106
AG
I thought Dox might get the Saturday start, but I guess not
Basketball and Chain
AG
I like giving Jozwiak another start. Hard to fault a kid after one rough outing in his first college start.
KT 90
AG
Basketball and Chain said:

I like giving Jozwiak another start. Hard to fault a kid after one rough outing in his first college start.

Meh, he can have another start mid-week. Dox earned it I think. But Childress obviously sees them much more than we do.
Sandman98
AG
I'm good with it. I'm just counting the days until Roa is the ace of the staff. Might be next year, but it's coming.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Basketball and Chain said:

Yea I'm good with it too, Dox can come in if he struggles again
Wicked Good Ag
Look at it as a two week tryout against non elite competition. If he struggles then Dox gets the Frisco tourney and the Long Beach State series

That said Dox looked great on Saturday
TempleAg97
AG
Probably not good for Jozwiak's confidence to yank him out of the rotation after one week. He obviously earned it over the course of several great months.

Having said that, Dox looked fantastic. It's great to have so many quality options.
histag10
AG
TempleAg97 said:

Probably not good for Jozwiak's confidence to yank him out of the rotation after one week. He obviously earned it over the course of several great months.

Having said that, Dox looked fantastic. It's great to have so many quality options.

Well said. I also like the fact that we have one more out of the pen that we can count on. There were a few times last season we went deep into the pen, and I couldn't help but think "man, if only Chafin hadn't thrown 6 innings yesterday...". Maybe Dox can help fill that roll of a good consistent arm coming out of the pen that can be counted on to go for multiple innings.
Bondag
AG
He threw a perfect first on like 7 pitches, good second and then got in trouble with 2 outs and a couple of errors. Let him learn from that and see how he responds.
tjack16
AG
I'm cool with Joswiak starting against Cornell... but if he struggles, then Dox needs to start at the Frisco classic because that's when the schedule starts to get tough
Capt. America
AG
I'm cool with giving Jozwiak another start. No need to murder a freshman pitcher's confidence after one outing.
Sean98
AG
Dox is more or less a known commodity who provides our bullpen a lot of flexibility in the event that ANY of our 3 starters don't perform well (or get injured). I think you could slide him into the rotation at any time with no real problem. Because he's a known commodity I think you let a few of the kids battle it out in starting roles early in the season. This is EXACTLY why you play Rhody and Cornell. To see what some of these kids can do under live fire.
Beau Holder
AG
Sean98 said:

Dox is more or less a known commodity who provides our bullpen a lot of flexibility in the event that ANY of our 3 starters don't perform well (or get injured). I think you could slide him into the rotation at any time with no real problem. Because he's a known commodity I think you let a few of the kids battle it out in starting roles early in the season. This is EXACTLY why you play Rhody and Cornell. To see what some of these kids can do under live fire.

Quality post. Can't yank a freshman from the rotation after one start and destroy his confidence and belief in the staff's support and trust in him. Go out and see if it was nerves, or if there's a pattern and something you need to work on with him going forward.

Having Dox on call gives you just an embarrassment of riches in the pen right now.
MMantle
AG
Not going to make any difference who starts which games, we're playing Cornell.

RR
HoustonAg2106
AG
MMantle said:

RR
Good point.
BoerneGator
AG
MMantle said:

RR
Says the Sage of the West!
Sandman98
AG
MMantle said:

RR

Yah why bother with the discussion. Not sure RC should even bother making an informed decision because it really has no implications. Just throw darts at a lineup card because it's Cornell.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sandman98 said:

MMantle said:

RR

Yah why bother with the discussion. Not sure RC should even bother making an iformed decision. Just throw darts at a lineup card because it's Cornell.
You know that's not what he meant.
Sandman98
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Sandman98 said:

MMantle said:

RR

Yah why bother with the discussion. Not sure RC should even bother making an iformed decision. Just throw darts at a lineup card because it's Cornell.
You know that's not what he meant.

So he's just reminding us that they aren't good?
BoerneGator
AG
He's making the point that any pitcher on our staff will be successful. He's not saying all our pitchers are the same.
HoustonAg2106
AG
BoerneGator said:

He's making the point that any pitcher on our staff will be successful. He's not saying all our pitchers are the same.

This
Sandman98
AG
How could I have missed that.
gettingitdone
I would love to see Miner get a starts. He did well last season during his outings.
Capt. America
AG
Capt. America said:

I'm cool with giving Jozwiak another start. No need to murder a freshman pitcher's confidence after one outing.

I love being right on occasion!
Bondag
AG
A 7-0 lead after 1 helps a little
wareagle044
I really like Jozwiak and while he got booted around a bit in his first start, i thought he handled himself well even when things didn't go perfect or he wasn't getting help from the field.

He just looks natural out there to me.
Aggies2009
AG
Bondag said:

A 7-0 lead after 1 helps a little
For sure... He could settle in and throw strikes.

That said, even in the first inning, he looked way better than he did last weekend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.