Childress and RI coach?

13,998 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by spanky
ShaggySLC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What was that about after the game? Rob was not happy.
75AG
AG
It's being discussed on the game thread. Looks like Rob told the RI coach to eff off
Sean98
AG
I think the poster said Rob waved him away as if to say "get the eff off my field."

Don't think he said Rob actually told him to F off.
Aggies2009
AG
Wonder what happened.
Alpha Texan
AG
i didnt watch but didn't they take a cheap shot on our first basemen late in a game that was already over? As a player, I never waited til after the game to tell another team they better clean up or get out.
tonytx05
AG
Lbull said:

i didnt watch but didn't they take a cheap shot on our first basemen late in a game that was already over? As a player, I never waited til after the game to tell another team they better clean up or get out.
Wasn't really a cheap shot, just unfortunate play where the runner was inside the baseline and Andritsos' arm got hung up trying to make the play at first.

Didn't see the exchange after the game, was packing up and head to Mad Taco .
Alpha Texan
AG
tonytx05 said:

Didn't see the exchange after the game, was packing up and head to Mad Taco .
acceptable
HoustonAg2106
AG
Lbull said:

How was that a cheap shot?
Alpha Texan
AG
honey. sweet pea. baby. SUGAR, I asked if they took a cheap shot because I didn't see and I noted that in my post.
Sandman98
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Lbull said:

How was that a cheap shot?

It's garbage baseball. Their best hitter bunted down eight runs and it led to an injury. I wouldn't be surprised if RC wanted to follow them to the airport.
kevmiller
RC and staff apparently don't like opponents bunting unless it's a bunting situation.
Remember last year when Kentucky player bunted when they were up 8-9 runs... almost led to al all out coaches brawl.
Sandman98
AG
kevmiller said:

RC and staff apparently don't like opponents bunting unless it's a bunting situation.
Remember last year when Kentucky player bunted when they were up 8-9 runs... almost led to al all out coaches brawl.

Nobody likes it because it's stupid.
SMM48
AG
Who the hell bunts for a single down by 8? Edit. In the damn top of the 9th.

(I have an idea. We are about to get swept, I'm he best hitter on the RI team. Gonna be a long plane ride.

I know, I'll lay down a bunt, up my average)

Give me a frighten break,

Swing the damn bat, Go deep, hell.

So now andritsos, has an injury. Long season, hope it doesn't linger or cost at bats.

That's why bunting down by 8 in the 9th inning is just dumb and selfish.
LJF78
If one of our guys was bunting down 8 in the 9th most on This board would be saying " he is playing every pitch Of the game"
Our fans are severely blinded by uniform color

ShaggySLC
LJF78 said:

If one of our guys was bunting down 8 in the 9th most on This board would be saying " he is playing every pitch Of the game"

That is completely false imo. Not sure where you're getting that from but Aggie baseball fans are extremely in touch with the rules and unwritten rules of the game.
SMM48
AG
LJF78 said:

Down by 8 in the 9th inning on the road.....Bull. Swing the bat Nancy would have been yelled from the dugout. You think the Ag dugout wasn't just ragging the guy.

Swing the bat like a man.

Who the hell hunts down by 8 in the 9th.

Down by 1. Maybe. Down by 8. Get that smack outta here.
JRB78
AG
If you are down big, why wouldn't you be trying to get a runner on base any way you can?
ShaggySLC
otni said:

If you are down big, why wouldn't you be trying to get a runner on base any way you can?
That's certainly one way, but definitely the giant dbag way.

edit: and a good way to get a teammate plunked if its done earlier in a series.
SMM48
AG
otni said:

By bunting with one out in the ninth?

No.

Swing the bat.
Sandman98
AG
LJF78 said:

This is getting the ridicule it deserves but you're partially correct. Our seasonal fans who think a comeback win in week one to beat RI is an indictment of our team agree with you.
Rock1982
AG
So do we have any info on how bad Andritsos is hurt?
gougler08
AG
SteveMedina said:

LJF78 said:

Down by 8 in the 9th inning on the road.....Bull. Swing the bat Nancy would have been yelled from the dugout. You think the Ag dugout wasn't just ragging the guy.

Swing the bat like a man.

Who the hell hunts down by 8 in the 9th.

Down by 1. Maybe. Down by 8. Get that smack outta here.
It's only a maybe if they're down by 1? Uhhhh, I'm pretty sure it's completely fair game when down 1 and just trying to get a runner on any way possible
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
There is a phrase for this: bush league.
BanderaAg956
So other coaches and other teams don't play the game the way we think they should and they are wrong!

We don't play how other teams and coaches think we should and they wrong.

Is it now illegal to bunt when you are behind by a lot?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
otni said:

You want your best hitter to line a double to the wall between the R and L fielders, that could possibly turn into a triple. Then you have a runner in scoring position. Then you bunt him over from second or if he is at third he could score....because our infield would be playing back.

Kozmozag
I'm guessing Rhody, won't be invited back.
Aggie
AG
Honestly,
Never understood why people get so worked up over bunting in non bunting situations.
I don't see it as " bush league" .. It's part of the game.
I do agree if one of our players did it , there would be little to no problems with it.
canaAg12
AG
In the baseball world of etiquette, it is frowned upon to bunt to certain situations. like down by 8 runs and your best hitter is hitting, and then it results in your first baseman getting hurt. Another instance would be a guy has a perfect game in the ninth and the four hole bunts. In the bigs, you could bet retaliation was in the future. But, we do not see these guys again so RC needed to let the coach know he was unhappy with it. There isn't a written rule, but if you grew up playing at any elite level, or had a coach that played past high school, this was one of the things taught.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggie said:

Honestly,
Never understood why people get so worked up over bunting in non bunting situations.
I don't see it as " bush league" .. It's part of the game.
I do agree if one of our players did it , there would be little to no problems with it.

I guarantee no one on here would be calling it a cheap shot or bush league if we did the same thing. I'm sure the coach didn't even tell the batter to bunt, he probably just did it on his own trying to make something happen. Injuries can happen on any play, he could have hit a grounder to short stop and the exact same thing could happen.

I hope Andritsos is ok though, anyone have an update on him?
gougler08
AG
I love baseball, but a lot of the unwritten rules and what upsets people is ridiculous (this one included)
75AG
AG
I don't think this arguement was about the Kingwood kid bunting. The RI coach had several beefs with the umps over the weekend, and I'll bet he said something about "homer" umps. But that's just a guess.
Mike Elko
AG
If it didn't lead to an injury, I don't think the bunt attempt would've been received this negatively. Since it did lead to an injury, it's especially weak sauce.

Glad we swept 'em.
643=2
In addition to the "bunt argument", there is possibly another argument to be made. There were at least 3 collisions with our 1st baseman this weekend. Perhaps this last collision was the proverbial "straw which broke the camel's back"
HoustonAg2106
AG
75AG said:

I don't think this arguement was about the Kingwood kid bunting. The RI coach had several beefs with the umps over the weekend, and I'll bet he said something about "homer" umps. But that's just a guess.
That would make more sense to me, I can't imagine RC yelling at them to get off the field over a bunt in the 9th inning.
HartHall65
AG
I remember a few times the RI coach asking for the ump to check the ball after we pitched it. Even Bedford looked over and said something after he requested it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.