Sunday Softball...

2,221 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cef88
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Down 8-0 in top 1st. That escalated quickly...
spaceaggie1975
AG
Down 9-6 top of 2nd
Captn_Ag05
AG
Why don't they put the score graphic on the screen?
wareagle044
Captn_Ag05 said:

Why don't they put the score graphic on the screen?

SEC+ - probably don't have that technical capability
CDub06
AG
They do. There have been infobugs in the past but not this season for some reason.
BrokenLFarms
S
It's more of a question of staffing for this production.

Because these games this weekend have not been "real" broadcast, they didn't want to pay the normal announcers (Matt Simon & Gay McNutt)
Plus they probably don't have a producer either or graphics person, hence why no infobug.

So they pay camera people. And someone who is changing the shots. And that's it. Bring in the radio feed because it's freee
CDub06
AG
Great answer. Thank you.
gigum
AG
If they don't play five innings before travel deadline, does the game count?
wareagle044
gigum said:

If they don't play five innings before travel deadline, does the game count?

I would think it would have to as the drop dead time would Trump the 5 inning qualifier - this is just my opinion - I don't know.

All these pinch hinters coming in make me wonder if it won't count...or Evans is mad at her starters
CDub06
AG
Ok, so the game never counted?? Wish they would have clued us in on that. Or at least told the commentators.
BenFiasco14
AG
Wrong thread
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
you moran
AG
It officially doesn't count? I hope not. I think we win if they keep playing. Bases jacked as well when it was stopped.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Was the game stopped?
wareagle044
Captn_Ag05 said:

Was the game stopped?

Yeah. 2 hr drop dead. Didn't hit 5 innings, so not official game. Potentially lucky break for A&M. Sucks for Butler that they were essentially punished for having an hour long first inning
you moran
AG
We would have come back and won. Saves Butler a loss.

However, lucky break for Harrington and her ERA.
you moran
AG
Plus it was good seeing Show get out there and have some success. She looked off the opening weekend.
aggietony2010
AG
It wasn't even a 2 hour drop dead. It was an hour 35.

If the game had been in the fifth, it would have continued until the inning was completed. However, because it was clear there was no way an official (5 inning) game would take place, they ended it, as nothing was going to count.
ordRV80
AG
Seems really dumb. But that's just me.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
VegasAg86
AG
aggietony2010 said:

It wasn't even a 2 hour drop dead. It was an hour 35.

If the game had been in the fifth, it would have continued until the inning was completed. However, because it was clear there was no way an official (5 inning) game would take place, they ended it, as nothing was going to count.
Yep. 12:40 start time with a 2:15 end time. Would have to have played fast to get it in. The top of the first made it highly unlikely it would be finished. The bottom of the first sealed the no contest.
monarch
S
BrokenLFarms:

Is that the same Matt Simon that was an asst. AD or something years ago here back in the 80's/90's and the same Gay McNutt that played softball here back in the day and also coached up at SFA for a few years?

AA
Peace for Ukraine!
BrokenLFarms
S
I am not sure about Matt's previous position(s) at the University, however he currently works in 12th Man productions. He does work for all sports plus the play X play for the SEC+ Softball games.

Yes that is the same Coach McNutt of which you describe. This is her first year doing color commentary for Aggie Softball. She retired from coaching after last season at SFA.
cef88
AG
The broadcasts are considered "pass through" broadcasts, it is shown on watchESPN but ESPN doesn't allow their name to be put on it because there is no control over the talent (use radio call) and they don't allow their graphics packages to be used. It takes about 5 people to put on a "pass through" and yes is typically because of reduced staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.