Pitching Rotation Question

997 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Debt
BTKAG97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does the #1 usually pitch Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

I would think Saturday would be the most important game as it would either lock up a series win or prevent a series loss. Not to mention Saturdays typically have the largest home crowds so you want to get a win for continued support.

So #2 on Friday, #1 on Saturday, #3 on Sunday with you 4/5 guys for midweek games.
Agsncws
AG
Friday. Almost always Friday.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
themissinglink
AG
As mentioned above almost always Friday, but you'll find a few coaches do it differently. Augie used to start his best Saturday with the idea that you want to either kill the other team's momentum or slam the door shut on the series.
jkag89
#1 usually go on Fridays, sometimes weaker teams might pitch their #1 on Saturday or Sunday in hopes of stealing a game.
Alpha Texan
AG
When you're the better team, you play straight up and pitch your best in order. When you know you're the underdog, you slip your ace in later in the weekend to ensure you have the upper hand for at least one game.
wareagle044
I thought Jozwiack did well yesterday I'm the face of adversity, but I'm interested to see if he holds his slot all season.
West Texan
AG
Wrong thread.
BillE1976
AG
Don't think Jozwiack is intended to be the saturday starter once conference play starts. Just give him some starts for experience in case he has to come in later in the season due to injuries.
tonytx05
AG
BillE1976 said:

Don't think Jozwiack is intended to be the saturday starter once conference play starts. Just give him some starts for experience in case he has to come in later in the season due to injuries.

I think that remains to be seen. Coaches seem keen on him as a part of the weekend rotation. We didn't have the greatest play behind him in the field last night, so I hope he gets another start to get a better feel of his true talent without having to carry it all on his shoulders (though admittedly I know great starters find way to work around those things).
The Debt
themissinglink said:

As mentioned above almost always Friday, but you'll find a few coaches do it differently. Augie used to start his best Saturday with the idea that you want to either kill the other team's momentum or slam the door shut on the series.

Or you could be like Coach Graham and save your ace for the P5 midweek game because your shortstop can beat the CUSA opponents on Friday night.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.