Do we have a beer garden report?

6,075 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
SACR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How was it?

How was service?

Was the beer cold?

Did it taste better because it was Opening Day?

Did anyone lose a beer because of a foul ball?

Pictures?

---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
AvidAggie
AG
It makes me feel so good
Bocephus
AG
$9.50 per beer. First beer costs $14.50 bc you are paying $5 to get in. On the bright side, I don't think you will see too many people downing 12 beers during a game, inside the stadium.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
Bocephus said:

$9.50 per beer. First beer costs $14.50 bc you are paying $5 to get in. On the bright side, I don't think you will see too many people downing 12 beers during a game, inside the stadium.

Speak for yourself. Bringing a customer today and it's on the company.
tonytx05
AG
Annoying as hell it blocked the left field exit after the game was over. Not as terrible since it was a small crowd at the end of the night last night, but a full stadium with that exit blocked off will make it a pain in the ass leaving.
W
AG
the fire marshal would/should not be okay with that
zagman
AG
There is no garden. Two canopies and a nice low profile fence.
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Aggieangler93
AG
Is that what I saw on TV last night that looked like a white picket fence behind the 3B berm in front of the coaches offices? Seems like they would clean that up (at least the end of it by the bullpen, by the bottom of the 8th) enough so that folks could get by to exit. If it's like beer at any other baseball game, they have to cut off sales sometime before the end of the game anyway for last call.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
tonytx05
AG
That's it. Yes, I was surprised they hadn't stopped as well because I'm used to last call in the 7th inning at MLB games.

They did better today getting it opened up for people exiting, but I agree they could arrange it so the exit isn't blocked at all for the entire game.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Is that what I saw on TV last night that looked like a white picket fence behind the 3B berm in front of the coaches offices? Seems like they would clean that up (at least the end of it by the bullpen, by the bottom of the 8th) enough so that folks could get by to exit. If it's like beer at any other baseball game, they have to cut off sales sometime before the end of the game anyway for last call.

they can't really close it down at last call because the beer can only be consumed in the designated area, so those buying at last call have to have a place to drink the beers that they buy
Basketball and Chain
AG
W said:

the fire marshal would/should not be okay with that

I haven't seen the exit but could it be easily opened in an emergency situation? If so, I doubt the fire marshal is going to say much
Aggieangler93
AG
I am not saying shut the whole thing down....I was just wondering why they don't move the portable fences off that one end, in a bit, so that folks can exit after getting some player autographs. That's all.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
tonytx05
AG
Anyone seen what they are serving?
KidDoc
AG
So $9.50 a beer wow- is this for the standard Miller lite, coors light, bud light 12 oz? Or draft pints of craft beers? That is pretty insanely high and a bummer for someone who would like to have 1-2 beers while watching Aggie baseball in person.

Also since you can't return to your seat with the Devil's brew if you plan to hang out there do you just get a GA ticket?

It is just a weird concept. Does any other University do this bizarre half step of serving beer during baseball?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Rice definitely does. Theirs is a big tent you have to go into with no view of the field (at least when I've been there for post season games)
tonytx05
AG
navasotaagg18 said:

Rice definitely does. Theirs is a big tent you have to go into with no view of the field (at least when I've been there for post season games)
Haven't been, but from what I've heard the Rice setup you're describing isn't typical because NCAA doesn't allow alcohol sales inside the stadium for post season games.
3B Paul 97
AG
Mostly Cloudy Judgement said:

Bocephus said:

Speak for yourself. Bringing a customer today and it's on the company.

Username checks out.
Farmer1906
AG
tonytx05 said:

navasotaagg18 said:

Haven't been, but from what I've heard the Rice setup you're describing isn't typical because NCAA doesn't allow alcohol sales inside the stadium for post season games.
It might technically be "outside" the stadium, but they did it for the last few times I've been there (regional games)
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Yeah the games I remember going in were in 07 and 08 (can't remember if it was the same setup in 14, I didn't go in). You technically went "out" of the stadium because the tent was right outside of the fence, but you entered from the concourse down the left field line.
tonytx05
AG
Also, pic for those that are interested:

htxag09
AG
I may be wrong but I couldn't swore I've drank in the club section for post season at Olsen. They gave me a solo cup or something so it was more "discreet". Thought that made it more obvious...
tonytx05
AG
Club sections and boxes are different somehow. Like how you could have a drink in the zone club at Kyle, but only behind glass and not out in your seats.
KidDoc
AG
tonytx05 said:

Also, pic for those that are interested:

Ok that is one of the worst images you can find for "beer garden". Very disappointing.

And about the boxes/club seating- I agree it is crazy that the overprice/company seats are allowed to drink but the peons must go to a designated area with a bad view and no sitting allowed if they wish to consume a brew that was developed ~5,000 years ago while watching baseball.

Pretty sure I'll pass on this "beer garden/bad tailgate" and just watch the games as usual in my seat until fourth inning fill in!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
W
AG
that's a lot of space to reserve for a beer garden...that doesn't have that many people in it
tonytx05
AG
W said:

that's a lot of space to reserve for a beer garden...that doesn't have that many people in it

To be fair, that was before the game started. I didn't bother to look afterwards.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
From our seats in 203 it looked like it was a pretty popular place for most of the game Friday night. I like the idea, but don't think I'll be participating very often due to the cost.

Also, there was an area on the back side of the RF berm (down the hill) that was also fenced off. Maybe they're looking at experimenting between different areas? You wouldn't be able to see the game from down there, but it would be out of the way and maybe even be a little cooler than the LF spot on a hot day. With big TVs showing the game it might not be a bad set up...
Wes97
AG
Hope your company knows that is no longer tax deductible.
XpressAg09
AG
Quote:

I may be wrong but I couldn't swore I've drank in the club section for post season at Olsen. They gave me a solo cup or something so it was more "discreet".

So discreet...

jja79
AG
tonytx05 said:

Club sections and boxes are different somehow. Like how you could have a drink in the zone club at Kyle, but only behind glass and not out in your seats.

That isn't true and hasn't been for years.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
Yeah, you can drink in your seats at Kyle in between the 20s. It doesn't have to be behind glass.
jja79
AG
That also isn't true. You can drink in your seats in the ZC, All American and Legacy club. Many of those seats are not between the 20's.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
jja79 said:

That also isn't true. You can drink in your seats in the ZC, All American and Legacy club. Many of those seats are not between the 20's.
I'm aware of the ZC. Was just making a point about the AA and LC seats. It may be the goal lines.
jja79
AG
The All American Club goes from one end of the West side to the other extending beyond the goal lines on each end and you can drink at your seats in all of them.
AggieAmi
My group enjoyed it, it's a little pricey for a draft beer (or cheap, plastic, twist off cap bottle of wine) but we met new people and had good conversation over a beer or 2 and went back to our seats.

They had your standard beers, Bud Light, Miller Light, Michelob Ultra, Ziegenbock was the closest to craft beer.

I agree with the exit issue, they did have it figured out by Sunday though.
BQ_90
AG
I'm not opposed to the idea, my guess is this,is test run for making a larger area in the next expansion. Just seems to me the first base line makes better sense with the larger plaza and it won't block an exit.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.