Instead of a 4th Inning Fill....

6,187 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why not do passes instead of tickets?

The ticket holder must actually claim the ticket each game. Like student football passes.

If a ticket is not claimed, it reverts to flash seats at cost

Yeah, it's an extra step for ticket holders, but not an unreasonable burden.

If they're good Ags and halfway decent people, they'll understand and comply

Benefits far outweigh the negatives
BQ_90
AG
so when does it revert to flash? I'm assuming after the game starts, what if you can't show up until the 3rd inning and they already put your seat on flash?

Also who buys tickets after the game starts?
Aggies2009
AG
BQ_90 said:

so when does it revert to flash? I'm assuming after the game starts, what if you can't show up until the 3rd inning and they already put your seat on flash?

I think it'd be cool if a GA person could purchase an "upgrade" during a game. So tickets that weren't scanned could be added to flash as an "upgrade" and someone could purchase it and show the usher on their phone... And take their seat.

Then again, that'd be tough if a family of 4 showed up in the 5th inning with their season tickets.
TXAggie2011
AG
I think the 4th inning fill in will work fine if people give it a chance to work.

I don't think tickets reverting to flash seats is a great idea because of the "when does it revert?" problem.

I do think they could develop a system that encourages those who know they won't use their seats to open the seats up somehow to other Aggies or Flash or whatever...
TXAggie2011
AG
The bottom line is, if TexAgs is any indication of the fanbase as a whole, we've become so damn tribal about where we sit that every system aimed at filling in the crowd is going to face a lot of opposition...
Captain Pablo
AG
BQ_90 said:

1 hour before 1st pitch

Use it or lose it

Season ticket holders that don't show up for games and are too lazy to post their tickets on flashseats hurt the program
BQ_90
AG
Captain Pablo said:

BQ_90 said:

1 hour before 1st pitch

Use it or lose it

Season ticket holders that don't show up for games and are too lazy to post their tickets on flashseats hurt the program
yea people who actually buy season tickets are killing the program.
75AG
AG
Quote:

Huh? That last statement confuses me.

Aggie
AG
That's an even worse idea than the bad one planned now
Tanya 93
Captain Pablo said:

The ticket holder must actually claim the ticket each game. Like student football passes.

Um.

They have to claim their tickets an hour before first pitch or they lose them? What about those who are working? Traveling? In class?
tonytx05
AG
Every year this same tired idea. It was a bad idea last year and doesn't get better with age. It's a sure fire way to kill season ticket sales.
twk
AG
S.A. Aggie
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Um.

They have to claim their tickets an hour before first pitch or they lose them? What about those who are working? Traveling? In class?

My thoughts exactly.
eeaggie11
AG
S.A. Aggie said:

Tanya 93 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Um.

My thoughts exactly.

I think the OP's idea is that the system should have an option so you "claim" your ticket sometime during the week leading up to the game. So if you claim your ticket you are saying I am going to be there at some point. If you don't claim it before a specified time then it becomes available on flash seats automatically and you are reimbursed the cost of the ticket if it is purchased.
tonytx05
AG
BQ_90 said:

Both my extra seats sold after the game started last night. Not common, but does happen occasionally.
75AG
AG
We were told last night that the fill-in applies to non-weekend games, only. That's from our usher, who HAS to know. This really is a TexAgs molehill.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I have season tickets; I "claimed" mine back in December- two and a half months before first pitch. So I guess I meet the criteria outlined.

How about people take the time to simply read their ticket, determine where their seats are and sit there? Seems like a very simple process that has worked pretty well since the dawn of buying tickets to events.
annie88
AG
Aggie said:

That's an even worse idea than the bad one planned now
No ***** Good Lord.
Captain Pablo
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Um.

Um

You claim them online ..... any time up to an hour before 1st pitch

Just let us know you are coming... if you're not, then let somebody else use your tickets
tonytx05
AG
75AG said:

We were told last night that the fill-in applies to non-weekend games, only. That's from our usher, who HAS to know. This really is a TexAgs molehill.

I think your usher is wrong. Email I received says nothing about weekend or non-weekend games:

4th Inning Fill-In
In an effort to create the most fun and intimidating atmosphere in college baseball, we want you to be aware that Blue Bell Park is implementing a new "4th Inning Fill-In" on a trial basis beginning this season.

Following the 3rd inning, any individuals with purchased tickets may fill in unused seats located in non-club seating areas for the remainder of the game unless the seat holder arrives to claim their seat.
Captain Pablo
AG
BQ_90 said:

Captain Pablo said:

BQ_90 said:

1 hour before 1st pitch

Use it or lose it

Buying tickets is helpful to the program

Not showing up and not making them available to others results in a mass of empty seats and is harmful

Didn't say it was "killing the program"

Those are your words, not mine
Captain Pablo
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

I have season tickets; I "claimed" mine back in December- two and a half months before first pitch. So I guess I meet the criteria outlined.

How about people take the time to simply read their ticket, determine where their seats are and sit there? Seems like a very simple process that has worked pretty well since the dawn of buying tickets to events.

I'm talking about actually using your tickets. And if you're not going to, give them up so somebody else can

You should be required to claim your seat and lose it if you don't

Not showing up and not selling your ticket results in all those empty seats, which hurts the program
Captain Pablo
AG
tonytx05 said:

Every year this same tired idea. It was a bad idea last year and doesn't get better with age. It's a sure fire way to kill season ticket sales.

Why would it kill season ticket sales?

How hard is it to claim your seat by clicking "send" on a computer or phone?
tonytx05
AG
Bottom line is the 12th Man already made their money off the initial ticket sale. All of this rambling is pointless. If you want a seat, buy one and go sit in it.
annie88
AG
75AG said:

Nope go look on the other thread they had students And some others coming in and out in certain sections, moving from seats to seats taking the pictures and moving on. This is bull**** idea and they need to let it go. apparently not all the ushers are doing the same things.

Even though that was not what has been lined out to be people already taking advantage of the situation.
Captain Pablo
AG
tonytx05 said:

Bottom line is the 12th Man already made their money off the initial ticket sale. All of this rambling is pointless. If you want a seat, buy one and go sit in it.

There is more to it than 12Man making their money

There is the aspect of actually having people in the seats, which you are ignoring

If you cant take responsibility for your own actions and show up to help the team, then let somebody else pick up your slack

You still have not stated why it's a bad idea. Nobody has, other than "No! They're MINE!!!"

Use it or lose it

It's perfect
TXAGBQ76
AG
I always post extra tickets on FS, in the ticket forum here, call people and offer them, etc. in most cases I get crickets chirping. I guess our so called "fans" are just too lazy to take them and thus harm the program?
jkag89
Captain Pablo said:

tonytx05 said:

There is more to it than 12Man making their money

There is the aspect of actually having people in the seats, which you are ignoring

If you cant take responsibility for your own actions and show up to help the team, then let somebody else pick up your slack

You still have not stated why it's a bad idea. Nobody has, other than "No! They're MINE!!!"

Use it or lose it

It's perfect
Not all perfect, it places an additional onus upon those who pay the freight of the program. Why should someone who shells out the cash for season tickets have to jump through hoops to make sure their seat is available when they show up to the park?
annie88
AG
Nm, not worth it.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Programs of this nature have been around professional sports for years. The key to success is using an app, whereby you claim an empty seat on the app, and then show the seating location to the usher, and they issue you a ticket for the seats.

Secondarily, there is no need to do this in college athletics. If seats at a baseball game go empty, it's not going to affect a single thing. Get real.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
tonytx05
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Go read last year's thread, there is a long list of reasons why this is bad for season ticket holders, which will be bad for sales, which is bad for the program. You've never had a good reason why they should do this other than you want seats you don't have now.
Captain Pablo
AG
tonytx05 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Go read last year's thread, there is a long list of reasons why this is bad for season ticket holders, which will be bad for sales, which is bad for the program. You've never had a good reason why they should do this other than you want seats you don't have now.

OMG!!! Are you alright???

I HAVE given reasons! Read, man. Read

And I NEVER ONCE said it was because I (ME PERSONALLY) wanted a ticket

Seriously man
BQ_90
AG
Captain Pablo said:

BQ_90 said:

Captain Pablo said:

BQ_90 said:

1 hour before 1st pitch

Use it or lose it

Not showing up and not making them available to others results in a mass of empty seats and is harmful

Ok you said hurt and now said harmful to the program. How so? The only ones upset are people like you who cry and whine because it looks bad on tv.

I'm tired of being attacked because I actually spend money and support the program by freeloaders who don't bother to spend a dime.

Captain Pablo
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Programs of this nature have been around professional sports for years. The key to success is using an app, whereby you claim an empty seat on the app, and then show the seating location to the usher, and they issue you a ticket for the seats.

Secondarily, there is no need to do this in college athletics. If seats at a baseball game go empty, it's not going to affect a single thing. Get real.

Of course it "affects" something

It "affects" whether there is a person in the seats - whether they are there supporting the team

You don't think people attending games matters?

Are you seriously saying whether people show up to support our Aggies is merely an inconsequential afterthought?

And of course it "affects" other things as well... concessions, merchandise, and yes, opportunities for others to attend the games but for hoarding by people too lazy to sell their tickets or give them away

Have you ever heard of this thing called "The 12th Man"?

You see, that is basically a tradition we have at A&M whereby students and fans show up in person and support our athletic teams

It's really cool, IMO

I suppose that's all just a bunch of hooey?
Captain Pablo
AG
BQ_90 said:

Captain Pablo said:

BQ_90 said:

Captain Pablo said:

BQ_90 said:

1 hour before 1st pitch

Use it or lose it

Ok you said hurt and now said harmful to the program. How so? The only ones upset are people like you who cry and whine because it looks bad on tv.

I'm tired of being attacked because I actually spend money and support the program by freeloaders who don't bother to spend a dime.

It hurts the team because people aren't there to support them

It's what the Aggie "12th Man" tradition is all about

And it's not "freeloaders".

your ticket would be sold and you'd get the money

Sold to people wanting to go support the team when you are unwilling or simply can't make a game for whatever reason
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.