4th inning fill in

9,359 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tonytx05
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This will not go well.
jaTmes
Nope!
annie88
AG
Horrible idea.
wareagle044
Agreed. Careful going to get a hot dog after the 3rd because you may fight for your seat when you get back - or someone is going to try and fit two people into one seat.

Dumb dumb dumb
W
AG
yep, this is going to be interesting.

the 4th inning seems a little too early.

I would have gone with the 5th or 6th inning
ensign_beedrill
AG
That's.... that's not going to go well at all. I'm scared.
W
AG
or just done the "fill in" for midweek games
annie88
AG
Hopefully this trial will be very short-lived and we get an email in the next few days saying that it's been canceled due to complaints. I can't believe anybody would think this is a good idea.
TXAGBQ76
AG
No worse than normal; it is amazing how people are unable to read their tickets to see where their seats are.
kevmiller
Horrible idea

People are going to be just hanging out on the concourse waiting for the 4th inning and then go grab empty seats.
I'm a season ticket holder and there are several games I can't get there on time due to work,or kids activities or whatever.. I should not have to run people outta my seats.
And agree with guy above.. Anytime anyone in reserved lower level gets up to go bathroom or grab a drink there could be people in seats when they return.

Terrible idea
BQ_90
AG
Wait until the beer garden people get loaded then come sit in reserved seats
KaneIsAble
AG
nm
aggietoolman
AG
Olsen15
AG

KaneIsAble
AG
That's over the top stupid. I paid for the seats meaning I should own the rights. Ridiculous.
BenFiasco14
AG
There's gonna be so much awkwardness from this
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
aggietony2010
AG
I feel like showing up late to a few games just so I can kick people out of my seats.
HoustonAg2106
AG
This isnt a bad idea for Tuesday night games and nonconference weekends, but this won't work for sec games like LSU and Florida...
MAROON
AG
KaneIsAble said:

That's over the top stupid. I paid for the seats meaning I should own the rights. Ridiculous.

You do own the right. You can show up with two outs in the top of the 9th and make someone move out of your seat.

I read all these dire predictions and it's just sad to me that Ags don't think they can amicably handle someone sitting in their seat without some kind of trouble starting. Just grow up and treat each other respectfully
Baby Billy
AG
If you pay for the seat, you should be able to show up whenever you want.

They've shown that they don't really give a **** about "most intimidating atmosphere"

This is all about how Olsen looks on TV
jkag89
BQ_90 said:

Wait until the beer garden people get loaded then come sit in reserved seats
Or when opposition fans learn of this. It was bad enough having sip fans standing behind first deck reserved seats, it will be twice as bad with them trying to vulture seats. Hopefully this dreadful idea will be long gone by April 10th.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

If you pay for the seat, you should be able to show up whenever you want.

They've shown that they don't really give a **** about "most intimidating atmosphere"

This is all about how Olsen looks on TV

You can still show up whenever you want
AG
I don't think anyone here even read that the seats are yours no matter when you show up. You have the right to make the person in your seats move. Is this truly that much of an inconvenience to you?
W
AG
this is a problem when the seats in question are in the middle of the row.

a lot of climbing over people to get in...and then the seat stealers climb over people to get out...and so forth.

and maybe all this happens in the middle of the half-inning when there's a scoring threat, etc..,

also...the regular ticket holder is not going to be happy having to show his official ticket to the seat stealer
TXAGBQ76
AG
Which what everyone has been griping about
LJF78
TE-aXm-AS said:

I don't think anyone here even read that the seats are yours no matter when you show up. You have the right to make the person in your seats move. Is this truly that much of an inconvenience to you?

I read it ,
I should be able to show up when I want and not have to run people outta my seats.
I shouldn't have to stand at the top of the isle waiting for the end of the half inning because I don't want to disturb others around me while the people in my seats gather their things and leave.. While I'm just standing there waiting and obstructing the view of everyone behind me.
Also I have 3 seats and a lot of times it's just me and one other. I like having an empty seat next to me , I like leg room.
So what's gonna happen when someone comes and tries to sit in my empty seat?
Yep I'm gonna run em out.. I know some will say that's chitty.. But I paid for the seat, I'll do as I please.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
I like it. But I'm also mature enough to politely show someone my ticket or to vacate a seat when someone shows me theirs.

If it doesn't work, get rid of it. But there's no point in complaining before we even give it a shot.
TempleAg97
AG
I'm going to go against the lynch mob here. I've been sick of hearing games are sold out (reserved) and then seeing hundreds of seats empty the entire game in prime spots even for big games. This may work or may be a disaster, but I applaud an attempt at somewhat of a solution.

And just FYI, I will personally not take advantage of this. I sit in 203 for non-conference and buy single game reserved for opening day and conference. But still don't like seeing all those empty seats in the reserved section every game.
HoustonAg2106
AG
This is just a trial period, if it doesn't work then it will go away
Hop
Staff
AG
I think they will have problems with this policy. I don't see the issue of somebody in your seat that big of a deal. You just ask them politely to move along.

Where I seevthe biggest problem is the policy allows for anybody including the opposing fans to fill in among season ticket holders and cause problems. That happens informally now, but the remedy is getting an usher to ask them for a ticket or leave. With this current policy, you have no remedy to get rid of a rowdy/disrespectful/opposing fans that have plopped down in some empties next to you even if they don't have a ticket.
Raggie21
I do not think there will be major problems with this. If you have the ticket you have it, it may a minor annoyance for you but I doubt any seat hoppers will be getting too comfortable. On the games where the park is mostly empty I can now get a ton of people into my section, when previously I couldn't even though it was obvious those seats were not going to be filled.
Raggie21
And on the games you don't attend/give away you'd rather that seat be empty? You may be one of the people that are there every game but lots of season ticket holder's seats are empty for the majority of games.
AB2
AG
Went to LSU 2 years ago, and they had this policy. We were basically SRO in their concourse, and we had multiple people (ushers and random fans) tell us that once the 4th was over, that any chair that was a certain color (I think gold) could be sat in unless the original ticket owner showed up.

This one isn't hard. When it happens, both sides be courteous and it'll go just fine.
gigemJTH12
AG
god forbid they try to make the game atmosphere better.

Just tell someone to move if they are in your seat. Its not that big of a deal.

most people that go to games are college educated aggies anyways. Anyone who actually plans on using this rule will probably be strategical about it and make sure no one is using the seat that day.
Eliminatus
AG
I think this is one of the ideas that sounds horrible on paper yet will shake itself out in practice over time. Hopefully.

I just don't think there is going to be one single solution that will please everyone. Empty stands because of club seat paying members who never show up is what this comes down to in the main. Not saying it is wrong obviously, but it DOES look bad on TV. That is fact.

So it is either club members show up consistently, fill in, or restrict more club seats in lieu of GA if we want the forward stands to be awash with Maroon and White.

This is how I read it at least from watching on TV. Never been to a live game. (Hoping to change that today)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.